Days with Donald May 2020 Exercise Challenge

Good morning everyone!

20 minutes for me yesterday = 130/600

And we have color changes!! :rainbow: Congrats to princessfionasmom on turning Sailor Suit Blue and to sophy1996 and ljcrochet on reaching Outrageous Orange!!

The team total is 2,906/15,005 = 19%

For Donald in the Parks today, what is your favorite character meal with Donald?
He appears at:

Chef Mickey's
Hollywood & Vine
Minnie's Beach Bash Breakfast
Topolino's Terrace
Tusker House

P.S. @princessfionasmom - I use "likes" to keep track of what I've entered in the spreadsheet, please consider it to actually be a ((hug)) on the post that said you had a bad day!

Wed, 5/6: 181 minutes; horse work and yard work (mowing)
Totals through 5/6: 991/3500 minutes

Aside from the normal horse chores and yard work (mowing), I gave the horses each some 1-on-1 time just grazing. While not exercise for the body ... it was enormously good for my soul; the horses seemed to enjoy it as well! It is always a lift when all the horses come to the gate with eager, hopeful expressions, "Pick me! Pick me!"

Today I have a treat in mind for them: yard work! I'm planning to release them into an area that is now grown over with weeds. I had fully mowed the section two weeks ago ... but those hardy plants have bounced back. I've removed those I know to be troublesome to their digestive system ... they'll get to weed wack the rest for me either by grazing or by trampling. Either way, the weeds won't win.

FWIW, we are in a heat wave. The entire work week is in the 90's with some cooling (mid-80s) for the weekend and super cool weather (low to mid-60s) next week! Whee! In other news, one of the volunteer bee colonies on the property seems to have swarmed yesterday. They were an extremely full mass in the morning and significantly depleted by mid-day. This morning I'd say about half the colony has left. I hope that is a healthy sign.

Edited to add: Gave the horses 15 minutes with the weeds. They were delighted. It was the first visit for the season and, as the mustang has only been with me since Oct, it was his first-ever visit to this space. He kept blinking as if to say, "Is this real?" Too cute. He also was eager to explore the space below a cluster of low trees/brush that my larger horses won't enter; he did some great trampling work in that space! Perfect! In all, they stuck together pretty closely and spent most of the brief time exploring the space. So most of their effort was trampling ... with a bite or two here and there as they went along. The boys were easy to catch at the end of the period but the mare resisted until she was alone, as the last horse. Then, and only then, would she draw in to me and put her nose into the halter. Good mare. I'll wait a couple days to be sure there is no upset and then bring them back for another brief period. Such helpful horses!

Last edited:
60 minutes more over the last couple of days in the garden. Now I've started moving things - no wonder my back is complaining! The irises are coming up all over - can't wait - they're my favorites.
(210/600)

@princessfionasmom - you must be feeling such a mix of emotions. So hard to see him go, but such pride as he makes his way. { HUGS!}
@bwvBound - oh, those horses! Great story!
@PollyannaMom - the early versions of Donald were a little creepy! Glad they plumped him up! I have to look for a wonderful picture of Donald playing with my kids on our first visit in 1988. It's my favorite memory of WDW!

Good morning, everyone!!

I have 25 minutes to report yesterday for myself,

and congrats to bwvBound and Pollyanna Mom (me) on reaching Outrageous Orange!! :tigger::tigger:

Our current team total is 1,357/15,005 - which puts us at 22%, with only 394 minutes to go to reach orange as a team! :cheer2:

Moving on to Donald in the Comics, here is a little something about "The Duck Man" - Carl Barks: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Carl_Barks

Thurs, 5/7: 166 minutes; normal horse chores
Totals through 5/7: 1157/3500 minutes

Thursdays I spend much time in Zoom meetings but was really happy to get outside with the horses between those meetings for some silly time. Didn't do any yard work other than inviting the horses to do their share as written up in yesterday's post. Today is mostly housework, preparing for my DH to return home at the end of his workweek, and a few phone calls. Not sure I'll get much yard work today ... but we'll see. I'm enjoying a lazy month given my Watch's surprisingly low bar for my May Challenge. Yeah!!

For Donald in the Parks today, what is your favorite character meal with Donald?
He appears at:

Chef Mickey's
Hollywood & Vine
Minnie's Beach Bash Breakfast
Topolino's Terrace
Tusker House

Of these character meals, we've only experienced Hollywood & Vine and Tusker House. We really liked both, but since I love the Christmas season and that's the H&V meal we've had, I'll choose it.

5/4 28 mins - not a good day for me, DS left for the Army, so proud of him but it is so hard to see him go.
5/5 65 mins - had some compost delivered and moved half of it
5/6 119 mins - finished moving the compost and went for a nice long walk on the beach - missing my son terribly

336/1600

:hug: I've had two brothers in the military. The limited contact during training and deployments is a very difficult thing to endure. I hope you hear from your son soon.

Of these character meals, we've only experienced Hollywood & Vine and Tusker House. We really liked both, but since I love the Christmas season and that's the H&V meal we've had, I'll choose it.

The only one I've actually done is Tusker House - once when DS was really little, and one other time. I did like it.

We actually booked Minnie's Beach Bash Breakfast one trip, too, but canceled before the deadline to squeeze in an extra park morning.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter