Days with Donald May 2020 Exercise Challenge

PollyannaMom

I was a click-clack champ!!

Welcome to the May 2020 exercise thread! This month, I thought we'd do a character deep dive on Donald Duck.

If you’re returning, we’re excited to have you back! If you’re new, welcome to the team! Here’s how it works:

Each person chooses a time goal and posts minutes towards that goal as they exercise. You can post daily or just catch up when you can. You decide what movement counts towards your goal - which can be a nice round total for the month, a specific number that means something to you, or a calculation based on a target number of minutes per day.

Since May has 31 days, here are some common conversions:
15 minutes/day = 465
20 minutes/day = 620
30 minutes/day = 930
45 minutes/day = 1395
1 hour/day = 1860

One of the special motivations of our Disney challenge is color changing! Page one will be updated with individual and team color changes as we make more and more progress.

10% - Sailor Suit Blue
25% - Outrageous Orange
50% - Provoked Purple
75% - Poppin' Off Pink
90% - Raging Red
100% - GI Green

We’re officially starting this challenge on May 1st, but if you don’t find the thread until later in the month, you’re still welcome to join!! Just post your goal and I’ll add you to the list. Feel free to PM me if you have any questions and to check out old threads to see what’s been going on.

Participants:
PollyannaMom - 600/600
bwvBound - 5103/3500
BonnieF - 545/600
sophy1996 - 1285/1200
princessfionasmom - 2431/1600

Elizabeth Smith - 880/850
Twilight Sparkle - 3825/2200
ljcrochet - 715/600

piglet1979 - 1599/1395
DRussell88 - 469/600
-------------------------------
Team Total - 17,452/13,145 (133%)

Last edited:
Love Donald!!!
I'll aim for 600 minutes this month. Hopefully we'll get out of this constant rain pattern and I'll feel more like getting outside. Our county parks are reopened - with restrictions. But I enjoy walking in them - hoping the masses follow the guidelines so they don't close them again.

Last edited:

Nothing like the first of the month for motivation!!
After working out on my fake TRX , I found a fun walk-at-home video on you tube! A fun way to really get moving - you actually walk a mile while incorporating some moves to keep it interesting. It reminded me of my aerobics classes back in the ‘80s. All I needed were leg warmers and my high top Reeboks!!!
(30/600)

Nothing like the first of the month for motivation!!
After working out on my fake TRX , I found a fun walk-at-home video on you tube! A fun way to really get moving - you actually walk a mile while incorporating some moves to keep it interesting. It reminded me of my aerobics classes back in the ‘80s. All I needed were leg warmers and my high top Reeboks!!!
(30/600)

I'd love the link if you saved it!

20 minutes for me. (20/600)

And :welcome: to the new folks!

Spring has sprung! Finally!!! A magnificent day here, so no excuses for not getting my hands dirty. I spent a good hour digging up a big bed of irises. I wish you all were closer so I could share! But I got some walking in, too, bringing some to friends in the neighborhood.
90/700

Last edited:
20 minutes yesterday for me - I tried out the new desk cycle.

40/600

:jumping3: And we have our first color change - congrats to BonnieF on turning Sailor Suit Blue!!

Before we move on to Donald in the Parks, here's another cartoon example, with Donald's look a little more familiar, called "Modern Inventions":

@BonnieF , I have some of Leslie's walking videos on DVD. I haven't pulled them out in ages, but maybe I will when it gets unbearably hot here.

Also, I love irises!!!! I've been enjoying some outside my living room window this spring. The blooms have been so pretty. I wish we lived closer, too! I'd definitely take some of your extras!!! : ) I could trade you some purple spider wort.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!