Days with Donald May 2020 Exercise Challenge

@BonnieF, love the ferns! And I agree about walking in the woods. - There's just something so healing about it. 🌳🌲🌳

My spreadsheet didn't quite match when I put your newest numbers in. (40 minutes gave me 290, instead of 310.) Am I missing a post in there somewhere??

18 minutes for me yesterday, 235/600.
Congrats to bwvBound on reaching Provoked Purple!!! :figment:

Team totals: 5,987 minutes, which is 40%!

Next topic - Donald Goes to War:

"On December 7, 1941, Japan bombed Pearl Harbor, drawing the United States into World War II. The very next day U.S. Army troops requisitioned half of Walt Disney’s Burbank, California, studio for their use...

Throughout the early 1940s, Disney churned out military training films, educational shorts (provided to the U.S. government at cost), and military insignia for over 1,000 different units in the U.S. armed forces (provided free of charge)...

In 1943 The New York Times singled out Donald Duck, in particular, as an “ambassador-at-large, a salesman of the American Way” for his representation of the United States both at home and abroad..."

Click here for more: https://americanhistory.si.edu/blog/ww2-disney

1589372183613.png

@BonnieF, love the ferns! And I agree about walking in the woods. - There's just something so healing about it. 🌳🌲🌳

My spreadsheet didn't quite match when I put your newest numbers in. (40 minutes gave me 290, instead of 310.) Am I missing a post in there somewhere??

Thanks. I realized that later on and fixed it - I guess corona brain has set in 😒

Tues, 5/12: 142 minutes; horses and some yard work
Totals through 5/11: 1974/3500 minutes

Yesterday was one of those crazy days when "things break." The drive-belt came off the riding mower, a newly installed irrigation controller went sideways (quit working), one of my daily buckets presented a huge crack (can't hold water), one horse presented a seriously snotty nose (made a vet appointment), I hit walls with MacOS Catalina, I hit bigger walls with Apple's Music app (I demand a return to iTunes!), a Zoom meeting was sent out with incorrect recurrence scheduling, etc. Just a series of little things ... that stood in the way of success. Sigh. All I could do was pray.

Good morning!

And congrats to our newest color changer, DRussell88!!! :donald::donald::donald:

Just 15 minutes for me yesterday, so I'm at 250/600.

The team stands at 6,406 minutes and 43%!!

The U.S. wasn't the only country Donald helped out in the war. Here's a Canadian War Bond ad he did as well:

Yesterday I didn't walk as much as I wanted too. I started to feel sick during out lunch walk and the pretty much didn't leave the couch the rest of the night. I am better today. I have no clue what set off my stomach yesterday. I did get my lunch walk in today. We got back right before the rain started. I am hoping to get one in again this afternoon but we will see what happens with the rain.

May 14 -- 32

Total -- 774/1395

Happy Saturday!

25 minutes for me (295/600) and congrats to Twilight Sparkle on being the first to reach Poppin' Off Pink! :Pinkbounc:woohoo::Pinkbounc

Team total is 7,148 and 48%. Only 355 minutes to team purple!! - If we can make that today, we're right on track for goal. :cheer2:

Let's talk about some of Donald's "Friends, Family, and Foes" in his cartoons, starting with Chip & Dale:

1. Chip ‘n’ Dale made their first appearance in the 1943 cartoon short, Private Pluto, though at the time they didn’t have names yet.
2. It would be another four years before they got their names, when they starred in their own short, Chip an’ Dale. Pluto evidently had had enough of the mischievous duo; Donald Duck was the new target of their mayhem...

https://www.celebrationspress.com/2018/02/18/ten-things-you-may-not-know-about-chip-n-dale/

Tues, 5/12: 142 minutes; horses and some yard work
Totals through 5/11: 1974/3500 minutes

Yesterday was one of those crazy days when "things break." The drive-belt came off the riding mower, a newly installed irrigation controller went sideways (quit working), one of my daily buckets presented a huge crack (can't hold water), one horse presented a seriously snotty nose (made a vet appointment), I hit walls with MacOS Catalina, I hit bigger walls with Apple's Music app (I demand a return to iTunes!), a Zoom meeting was sent out with incorrect recurrence scheduling, etc. Just a series of little things ... that stood in the way of success. Sigh. All I could do was pray.
Sending get well soon wishes to your horse!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!