• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

DB-Bazzill/Patteren Paper Epcot Swap (UPdate & early 7 MONTH REMINDER)

ImaDizneyNut

Mouseketeer
IMPORTANT NOTE
The due date is a firm one. I will be leaving for Disney on Dec 2. I must have all of the items on or before the due date November 30 so they can be mailed on December 1st. IF all items are not here by the due date I will send them out when I return December 11.

You may use ANY color Bazzill paper you want (just let me know what you used so I can list them)
You may accent with patteren paper if you like.
You must have something that represents the country in the kit other than the topper. EXAMPLES: If you are doing France you can use the Effiel Tower, Italy you can use Leaning Tower of Pisa, America you can use Uncle Sam. Those are examples: You may add ANYTHING that represents the country. I just don't want the topper to say France and that is it. I want to incorporate something else besides the topper to show what the kit was about just incase you are doing a 2 or 3 page spread. Think of it this way, if you didn't have the topper how would you know it was a France layout or an Italy layout you had in front of you.

Here is a link to show what all the flags look like
http://www.wave.net/upg/immigration/flags.html

OK with that said on to the swap

This is a BAZZILL CARDSTOCK ONLY swap that means you can only use Bazzill cardstock.

COUNTRIES OF EPCOT DISNEY SWAP

This is a 11 group swap. This is make 11 kits get 11 kits back.

DUE DATE: November 30, 2006 (that means it has to be in my mailbox by the 30th of November not mailed on that day)

The swap would be for 11 and we will be doing
The Epcot Counties (World Showcase)

you would need to make 11 kits

the kit would include
1. title or topper
2. 2 photo mats
3. Journal box or Library Pocket with Tag insert
4. 4 deco squares or 2 embellished slide mounts
5. Song Lyric/poem or quote about the country
6. Shaker Box or Paper Piecing

Due date will be November 30st. That is 9 months from now. That is plenty of time to do 11 kits.

Here are the countries & their colors

1. Mexico---Taken by---PixieDust32 (Roxy)
Flag Colors for Mexico (Green, White & Red)
What Color of Bazzill Paper you are using?

2. Norway---Taken by---pjpoohbear (Penny)
Flag Colors for Norway (Blue, White & Red)

3. China---Taken by---ImADizneyNut (Tracy) (DONE 5-1)
Flag Colors for China (Yellow & Red)
Raven (black)
Mexiacn Poppy (yellow)
Lava (red)
PREVIEW

http://community.webshots.com/myphotos?action=viewAllPhotos&albumID=510947801&ran=32496

4. Germany---Taken by---YodasMom (Karen)
Flag Colors for Germany (Black, Red & Yellow)

5. Italy---Taken by---havencruiser
Flag Colors for Italy (Green, White & Red)

6. American Adventure---Taken by---OhMom
Flag Colors for Amercia (Red, White & Blue)

7. Japan---Taken by---AlreadyexcitedGrammy
Flag Colors for Japan (White & Red)

8. Morocco---Taken by---being ANGELED by Fanofthemouse (Joan) cause aunts2topher (Ali) FLAKED
Flag Colors for Morocco (Green & Red)

9. France---Taken by---PoohBearLovinMama
Flag Colors for France (Blue, White & Red)

10. United Kingdom---Taken by---Ohana 4 (Ohana)
Flag Colors for United Kingdom (Blue, White & Red)

11. Canada---Taken by---klzj
Flag Colors for Canada (White & Red)

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ ~~~
I know there are ALOT of rules but when I'm in the mood to swap I rather know everything while I'm in the mood. I hate having to email hostesses then waiting for a reply on something. By the time she gets back to me who knows what type of mood I will be in. If you would like to see the results of a swap that I just hosted I will send you a link (as soon as I receive the last 2 packages within a day or 2 I'll post the link). You can see how everything blends together.

NITTY GRITTY
The Nitty Gritty should answer any questions on any spot you would like.

1. NO hand written lettering on ANY items. I may think my handwriting is beautiful (which it's NOT LOL) but you may think its horrid!

2. Topper Spot: Topper must be matted. MUST also be embellished in some way (i.e. brads, eyelets, charms, ribbon, embossing, etc).

3. Photo Mat Spots: Picture area must be NO smaller than 4 x 6. Must be matted. MUST also be embellished in some way (i.e. brads, eyelets, charms, ribbon, embossing, etc).

4. Journal Box or Library Pocket Spot: Journal Box the area for writing should be NO smaller than 3 x 4. It can be BIGGER if you would like. It also can be vertical or horizontal. Journal Box must be matted. MUST also be embellished in some way (i.e. brads, eyelets, charms, ribbon, embossing, etc). Library Pocket must include the card for journaling.

5. 4 Deco Squares Spot or 2 Embellished Slide Mounts: Squares can be vertical, horizontal or diagonal. Must be matted. MUST also be embellished in some way (i.e. brads, eyelets, charms, ribbon, embossing, etc). Be CREATIVE: Here are some ideas~~ (http://www.webshots.com/search?new=...ds=deco+squares). Embellished Slide Mounts be creative

6. Song Lyric/Poem Spots or Quote about the country: Song Lyric/Poem/Quote area must be NO smaller than 2 ½ x 3 ½. It also can be vertical or horizontal. Must be matted. MUST also be embellished in some way (i.e. brads, eyelets, charms, ribbon, embossing, etc).

7. Shaker Box or Paper Piecing Spot: Be Creative. But only use Bazzill Cardshock on either item.

Now to the Mailing Details:

1. Place your items a baggie, you will end up with 1 baggie per kit (you will end up with 11 baggies). Please DO NOT label your item on its back. Some people don't like that. Since some of us put items on pictures we would like to make sure the photo stays safe. If you are from a different country please send the proper amount. No item will be returned without enough postage. I will hold it until postage is correct.

2. Label each baggie with your name, screen name & kit name.

3. Since you are getting 11 full kits back. The USPS has a Priority Mail Flat Rate Box; Any weight, any state, for $8.10. This box is large enough to get all your items back to you safely and quickly. It also takes the guesswork out of shipping rate.

PLEASE SEND AN ADDRESS LABEL SO PACKAGE CAN BE RETURNED. THANKS

4. Mail your packages to:

5. Please email me once your items have been mailed so that I can make sure I'm here for them.

Thank you for joining. I can't wait to see all the kits together.

Tracy

question -- what is a silde mount???

another question -- is stamping ok?

Hi Tracey~

Just to confirm what you told me before, we are not required to use the country's flag colors as our Bazzill paper colors, correct? (As long as there is the country's flag somewhere in the layout as an embellishment).

The flag colors of my country just don't seem to fit the themes I am doing with my elements for the most part.

Your swap elements are beautiful!

Thanks!

YodasMom said:
Hi Tracey~

Just to confirm what you told me before, we are not required to use the country's flag colors as our Bazzill paper colors, correct? (As long as there is the country's flag somewhere in the layout as an embellishment).

The flag colors of my country just don't seem to fit the themes I am doing with my elements for the most part.

Your swap elements are beautiful!

Thanks!

correct you don't have to use the country flags. You don't even have to use the flag. as long as you something the represents the country I choose to use the great wall of china on my library pockets. the reason for this is just in case you are doing a 2-3 page spread you have something on the other page to show what you are talking about
if you check the my post above you can see what i've done. I didn't even use pattern paper.

Good job :thumbsup2 Tracy.

How did you make the great wall? And did you stamped the letters?

Thanks!

PixieDust32 said:
Good job :thumbsup2 Tracy.

How did you make the great wall? And did you stamped the letters?

Thanks!

thank you
the great wall of china is a jolee 3D sticker :)
and the chinese letters Dreams Do Come True, Love and Laugh I printed them out
I tried for weeks to find something about the country for the poem/quote box but all the research I did. I came up with sayings, poems and other things written in chinese, I don't understand chinese so I didn't know what it said LOL
then I decided to write Dreams Do Come True, went to a language transfer site and tranferred it into chinese.
I was gonna stamp letters but the craft store wanted $8.00 per chinese stamp. I know I will never use them again so I decided to print them. Ok so I'm cheap :banana:

thanks again
glad you like them

ImaDizneyNut said:
correct you don't have to use the country flags. You don't even have to use the flag. as long as you something the represents the country I choose to use the great wall of china on my library pockets. the reason for this is just in case you are doing a 2-3 page spread you have something on the other page to show what you are talking about
if you check the my post above you can see what i've done. I didn't even use pattern paper.

Thanks, Tracey!! I will continue on with my plans.

I did look at the pictures of your elements and they're great! I'm looking forward to receiving them later this year!

YodasMom said:
Thanks, Tracey!! I will continue on with my plans.

I did look at the pictures of your elements and they're great! I'm looking forward to receiving them later this year!

Perfect glad I could help :)
and thank you
since I have never swapped with anyone here before I was a little nervous about my items. I'm so happy you like them. :Pinkbounc

WOW!! The elements for China are amazing. Is it okay if I sit here and pout that I will be missing those and that I missed the swap.

Funny thing is though all this stuff is getting my hubby excited about srapping. He doesn't usually have input, but we went in August with our then 8 month old (first time) and his daughter (first time for whole family together) and we decide pre-trip to do a ABC Disney album. We only will let me work on it with him (which is great, but is slowing the whole thing down.

Anyway I told him the stuff about the world showcase swap and he is sooo excited for me to work on things myself so that for our trip in May (oh my goodness that's this month :Pinkbounc ) we can target what pictures we want of the World Showcase to scrap. Pretty Cool :cheer2:

M

22 dyays to OLd Key West resort and Disney :woohoo:

MyLittlePiglet said:
WOW!! The elements for China are amazing. Is it okay if I sit here and pout that I will be missing those and that I missed the swap.

Funny thing is though all this stuff is getting my hubby excited about srapping. He doesn't usually have input, but we went in August with our then 8 month old (first time) and his daughter (first time for whole family together) and we decide pre-trip to do a ABC Disney album. We only will let me work on it with him (which is great, but is slowing the whole thing down.

M

22 dyays to OLd Key West resort and Disney :woohoo:

thank you I actually finished my whole kit I'll be posting it in just a bit
Sounds like you are excited lol
We just there in april 2005 and sept 2005 and it feels like I haven't been back "HOME" in forever lol My next trip is in Dec. 2006 but on a happier note we already have our tickets for the hoop dee doo and the Mickey's Very Merry Christmas Party and we will there for the taping of the christmas parade. I just want to stay for just bit of that :o)
I'm stoked :jumping1:
again thank you.

ok so a 'slide mount' refers to a square or rectangular piece of cardstock with a proportional cutout (square or rectangular) but off center a bit? or centered? it looks to me like one of the white cardboard things that held science stuff to look at through a microscope, hence the name? :teeth:

sorry to be dense :)

ohMom said:
ok so a 'slide mount' refers to a square or rectangular piece of cardstock with a proportional cutout (square or rectangular) but off center a bit? or centered? it looks to me like one of the white cardboard things that held science stuff to look at through a microscope, hence the name? :teeth:

sorry to be dense :)

thats exactly what it is.
a square, rectangle and even a circle with a circle, square and or rectangle cut out of the center.
they sell them everywhere now. but you have to dress it up :)
hope that helps

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter