DC — How is it in December?

Lalalyn

Mouseketeer
We are going to be in Orlando for three days in early August and again the week before Christmas. The August trip was very last minute for another event. Ticket prices are much cheaper for December.

I’m trying to decide if we should go in August or wait til December. I’m a little worried it might be cold in December and we wouldn’t enjoy it as much.

Has anyone been in December? Would you recommend August with higher prices or December?

I've been in December. The problem is that December weather in Florida is all over the map. It can be hot and perfect for DC or it can be cold and some will find being wet in the chilly air intolerable. I'm from Canada (and a cold Province at that) so I'm not bothered by the weather but I know plenty who are when it's cold in Florida.

We have been at both times, many times. Usually very hot in August, and always a chance of rain. In December, at Christmas time, we had some almost too cool to some just perfect weather. If it’s cool out, they have heaters around, lots of towels, and full wetsuits that all help with the cold. All but the dolphins and stingrays pools, which stay around 70 degrees, the lazy river and other pools are heated, like bath water warm. On those coolest of days, we spent quite the time in the lazy river.

But hey, we were at Aquatica when it was 62 degrees out. Being a Northern visiting family, we enjoyed a low attendance that day. Just had the huge amount of towels to cover over us, as in that park, most of the pools are heated. It was the getting out, where you felt the cool.

Depends on your tolerance with cooler temps. If you want to find the cooler pools refreshing when it’s so hot in August, then pick August. We have been in the parks the last two weeks of December for many years. Most of the times we were fine with pants and a short sleeve shirt, even shorts. Other times, glad we had our lightweight winter jackets/hoodies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter