DC - can you wear a wetsuit & life vest in dolphin pool?

Puffy2

DIS Veteran
I know the wet suit gives some boyancy, but can you wear a lifevest on top of it? Are life vests provided? Want the wetsuit for warmth, need the life vest to keep from drowning!

I didn't use a wetsuit but I would think that you could ask for the thicker life vest (which is like one that you'd wear to go water skiing) when you pick up your wetsuit. You'll see it displayed on the wall behind the counter. The thinner, form-fitting life vests are located by the lockers. I would think that you could wear the life vest then if it's uncomfortable or not recommended by the trainers then you could take it off & leave it on shore. The distance from the shore to where you stand on a ledge interacting w/ the dolphin before the swim is only a matter of a few feet. Maybe you could bring both vests just in case. They seemed to have enough to go around.

p.s. Try your life vests/wetsuit combinations in the pool before your swim so you'll be prepared. I should have done so b/c I was surprised that my thin life vest was not as bouyant as I wanted it to be when the waves started to form due to the multiple dolphins in the area.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter