DCA from Goofy's

lcp9

DIS Veteran
If we have early morning reservations at Goofy's, can we use the GC entrance to DCA? It seems like we've done that in the past but I don't know if it's different now. We also have been in DTD since the new entrances, do we need to plan for security checkpoints walking back from Goofy's?

Goofy's is at DLH, so no it won't help. You would have to have had a reservation at a GCH restaurant. Early in the morning it's better to use the main gates anyway.

Goofy's is in the DLH. Even if it was available, using the GCH entrance is going out of your way. The faster entrance is the front gate. There is security just as you enter DTD from the DLH. It is usually a quick line.

Goofy's is at DLH, so no it won't help. You would have to have had a reservation at a GCH restaurant. Early in the morning it's better to use the main gates anyway.

thanks! We've done it once before showing a receipt from Goofy's, but I couldn't remember if that was a courtesy thing or if the policy had changed...and I can't remember what time of day it was. haha!

Goofy's is in the DLH. Even if it was available, using the GCH entrance is going out of your way. The faster entrance is the front gate. There is security just as you enter DTD from the DLH. It is usually a quick line.
Right - a few years ago we were able to show a Goofy's receipt and go through, but I wasn't sure if that was just courtesy at the time or if the policy had changed. Either way, I assumed going to DCA from there was faster through GCH (using the entrance to GCH by sephora)...maybe not? Oh well.

Right - a few years ago we were able to show a Goofy's receipt and go through, but I wasn't sure if that was just courtesy at the time or if the policy had changed. Either way, I assumed going to DCA from there was faster through GCH (using the entrance to GCH by sephora)...maybe not? Oh well.
Everything changed when they moved the security check point a couple years ago.

And no, it's definitely not faster to use the GCH entrance. Main entrance is far preferable.

You cannot enter the front door of the GCH without a room key or GCH ADR. To enter through that Sephora DTD entrance, you would have already had to go through security to enter DTD down by the DLH. Then you'd have another security check point at the GCH entrance to DCA. Way better to use the main entrance where your security check is behind you and there are far more turnstiles to choose from.

thanks! We've done it once before showing a receipt from Goofy's, but I couldn't remember if that was a courtesy thing or if the policy had changed...and I can't remember what time of day it was. haha!
You would go thru security by the DLH, then thru DTD to Sephora, enter the GCH, make your way thru the hotel, back to the DCA entrance, and join the single line there. It is MUCH faster to enter the main gate than to go thru the hotel. I stayed at the Grand last week, and I used the main entrance, simply because the line to enter the park went back to Mandara Spa, looped back past the entrance to DCA, past Napa, past Storytellers, then back to the hotel entrance. (No White Water Snacks to loop around...) I NEVER use the hotel entrance to DCA until an hour after parks are open.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter