DCL Picture of the Day - part 2!

Status
Not open for further replies.
5yc.jpg

Shell Warehouse
(305) 296-4776

1 Whitehead St
Key West, FL 33040 24.5599 -81.8037

This is the address I pulled off the web. Dose look like a great place to shop! 2010 here I come!

I got a Nikon D40x in december I took photography 1-4 in high schol but used an SLR during that period. I still don't know a lot about how to use all the settings and suck on the camera I've skimmed the manual a few times but should I sit down and read the whole thing so I know how to use the different things offered on the camera or is there a class or something I can take to learn more? How did you get aquanted with yours? Also what program do you use. I'm a college student i can't afford photoshop do you have suggestion? THANKS FOR ANY HELP!!

I haven't done anything in particular to learn photography. I'm still not familiar with a lot of the functions on my camera, I need to read the manual myself! The only way I feel I have gotten better is a LOT of practice. You know, I am a working professional and I can't afford photoshop either, its just too expensive! I have photoshop elements which you can buy anywhere for about $80. If you want to go the free route, I recommend downloading GIMP at http://www.gimp.org/. It has a lot of great features and plugins as well as several fan sites with tutorials.

The disboards also has a good photography forum with a lot of talented and experienced photographers who know a lot more than I do. I'm still in the learning mode myself :)

Thanks,
Candis

This is a photo from the Rum Point Beach in Grand Cayman. We took the Rum Point Beach Adventure excursion offered by Disney. It was the most beautiful beach I've ever seen and cannot wait to go back!

3531552011_568f907939_b.jpg

how on earth did you get boarding pass #2??

there must only be what 6 of them??

we got there early and there was only about 12 or so people a head of us and yet we still got #3

not that it really mattered since mere minutes after they called for #2 they were calling #3 (which tells me there weren't that many 2's to start with

how on earth did you get boarding pass #2??

there must only be what 6 of them??

we got there early and there was only about 12 or so people a head of us and yet we still got #3

not that it really mattered since mere minutes after they called for #2 they were calling #3 (which tells me there weren't that many 2's to start with

:laughing: No idea, we were there very early. Had to stand out in the shuttle shelter in the rain until they opened the terminal. There were quite a few people ahead of us in line to get in so I was very surprised to get the 2.

I haven't done anything in particular to learn photography. I'm still not familiar with a lot of the functions on my camera, I need to read the manual myself! The only way I feel I have gotten better is a LOT of practice. You know, I am a working professional and I can't afford photoshop either, its just too expensive! I have photoshop elements which you can buy anywhere for about $80. If you want to go the free route, I recommend downloading GIMP at http://www.gimp.org/. It has a lot of great features and plugins as well as several fan sites with tutorials.

The disboards also has a good photography forum with a lot of talented and experienced photographers who know a lot more than I do. I'm still in the learning mode myself :)

Thanks,
Candis

Thanks for the site I'm going to look at it tonight. You have amazing pictures!!! love love them... when I get married in a few years (hopefully) you need to be my photographer!!!:) I come to this thread and everytime I see your pictures they amaze me the points of view you get!! Also inspires me more to get back into photography a little more!! THANKS again

Thanks for the site I'm going to look at it tonight. You have amazing pictures!!! love love them... when I get married in a few years (hopefully) you need to be my photographer!!!:) I come to this thread and everytime I see your pictures they amaze me the points of view you get!! Also inspires me more to get back into photography a little more!! THANKS again

Thank you for your kind compliments!! I hope you enjoy your new camera :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter