DCL Picture of the Day - Part 6

St. Thomas, how did you like it?
we did one in St. Thomas to snorkel with turtles. the crew were amazing. the sea was not. they told ppl if they were prone to sea sickness where to sit because the waters were rough. we ignored since none of us have ever been sick and we've been through 3 hurricanes while sailing. well we all felt pretty sick once we got there, but it didn't stop us and we had a great time. but coming back we listened and all were pretty sick. ppl were dropping like flies, we managed to keep it together. i'm not sure if it was just a rough day on the water or if it's typical for that journey.

Where is this? We did a fabulous pirate ship adventure in St. Lucia and are planning a different one in St. Thomas on our upcoming cruise. If this is the one in St. Thomas, how did you like it?

Yes that is St. Thomas.
Like Lori said, it was a bit of a rocky ride out. My sister gets sea sick easily and she felt horrible, but after taking some meds and putting a cool cloth on her neck and some sprite she felt better.
The excursion was fabulous. We saw a turtle and a lot of sea life.
I'll post a couple for you.

stt16 by Jenseib, on Flickr

stt91 by Jenseib, on Flickr

Octopus

stt102 by Jenseib, on Flickr

stt106 by Jenseib, on Flickr

stt162 by Jenseib, on Flickr

Yes that is St. Thomas.
Like Lori said, it was a bit of a rocky ride out. My sister gets sea sick easily and she felt horrible, but after taking some meds and putting a cool cloth on her neck and some sprite she felt better.
The excursion was fabulous. We saw a turtle and a lot of sea life.
I'll post a couple for you.

stt16 by Jenseib, on Flickr

stt91 by Jenseib, on Flickr

Octopus

stt102 by Jenseib, on Flickr

stt106 by Jenseib, on Flickr

stt162 by Jenseib, on Flickr
Thanks for the info. and the fabulous pictures. My daughter is excited at the prospect of possibly seeing an octopus. We will make sure to wear our sea bands!

Jenseib, did you use a GoPro? If so, what brand did you use and did you hold it or have it strapped on?

Great question! :cutie:

No I use an Olympus Tough. My version is about 4 years old now I believe. I just hand hold it and wrap the strap around my wrist but you can by floating wrist bands.
I also have a fuji that is waterproof as well but that doesn't take that great of pictures so I don't use it a lot. I just bring it as a back up.

Villefranche, France.

DSC_1922.jpg

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter