DCL Transfers from London Heathrow to Dover

Belle2002

Mouseketeer
Hi!

We are booked on the July Dover to Copenhagen cruise and are planning to take DCL transfers from Heathrow to Dover. We are going to arrive one day prior in London and stay overnight at the airport (not a hotel arranged by Disney). We are trying to find out where the DCL bus picks up at the airport. Do they only pick up at the Sofitel? or do they have another pick up location at the airport? We have asked DCL directly and the CM had no clue. Said we will have to phone some special number 48hrs before our transfer to find out the pick up location. This seems really strange to me. DCL is usually pretty darn organized.

If anyone can offer any info on this, that would be great!!

Thanks!

This summer, to our knowledge, the only pick up point was at the Sofitel. They had representatives available the day before and the day of in the lobby of the hotel. The hotel is easily accessible from Terminal 5. It is about a 10 min walk from it.

If you are looking for something to do while at the airport, our 7 yo son enjoyed riding the POD system located between the terminal and the hotel. Granted, it only goes to a parking lot, but it is fun to see them go about and ride them.

They ran transfers directly from the airport independent of the Sofitel last year as well. If you flew in that morning, you were met by a DCL rep at baggage claim and directed from there.
This would not work for anyone arriving the day before.

They ran transfers directly from the airport independent of the Sofitel last year as well. If you flew in that morning, you were met by a DCL rep at baggage claim and directed from there.
This would not work for anyone arriving the day before.
Indeed, I asked DCL the question before deciding on staying at the Sofitel and they told me I had to meet them there if I was arriving before the day of the cruise.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter