DCP Adventure - From Application to Graduation

aly58991

Earning My Ears
Hello Disney Friends! I am starting this thread in order to keep track of my journey through DCP applications to the very end at our graduation. :dance3: I have already gotten a good amount of this post typed out, so click below where youd like to pick up! I will be updating this thread as I proceed through my Disney College Program Adventure!

UPDATE 1/17 I have been chosen to write a book entitled "Alyssa Earns Her Ears!" Published by Theme Park Press!! stay tuned here for DCP updates, AS WELL as updates on my book!!

Jump to Where you Want to Read!

[post=50434556]Applications![/post]
[post=50434789]Phone Interview!...and Results....[/post]
[post=50435049]Character Performer AUDITIONS![/post]
[post=50435512]My Bucket List (SO FAR!) *reply with your suggestions![/post]

THE CAST

Lets start off by introducing me! My name is Alyssa, (Aly works too!) I am 22 years old, and just graduated with my BS in Television production and AS in television news at Lyndon State College in Vermont! I loved my school, but holy cannolli was it COLD I am definitely ready for the florida sun! I will be traveling down to the program alone on a plane from Massachusetts, I have lived in Massachusetts my entire life, aside from my time at college. Disney has always been an escape for me, while I had never been able to make a visit down there until May of 2012, I was always into singing and performing, and even just for practice at home you would always find me belting out Disney songs. Also I always found myself able to relate to disney movies, Disney princesses never had the average family situations and neither did I. My mother passed away when I was 8 years old, so I always found myself able to relate to some of the song lyrics at the very least, and its always made me smile. I have been on my own doing things for a long time, my brother has severe autism, so with my dad being a single parent for all of this time, all of the attention has rightfully been on my brother. However, because of that, it has always taken the light off of the amazing things I have accomplished in my life. I was the first person in my family to ever graduate from college. I was accepted into the disney college program, and no one in my family really sees the significance in any one of those things. But hey, life moves on. Just because I am not noticed doesn't mean I am not important! So because of this ongoing trend with my family, music has always been an escape for me, so Disneys Music just kind of worked out nicely. My favorite park is magic kingdom, it holds so much amazing history and I cant wait to explore every inch of it, both on stage and back stage! I LOVE TAKING PHOTOS! So be sure to follow my instagram account to see any photos that I will be taking while on my disney adventure! My username is aly58991 , SAME THING ON TWITTER! so feel free to follow me! I promise you will not be disappointed with all of my disney updates once I check in! I also plan to keep a vlog on youtube! I am embarking on my adventure January 19th, check in is on January 20th and I will be down there until at least August 8th! I was fortunate enough to be accepted into the Spring Advantage program, so I will be there the entire spring semester + the summer! and plus, I cant wait to get there and start! and I REALLY hope that disney will open a new door for me!

Next on the cast list is my wonderful amazing supportive boyfriend Kevin! Kevin just got a new job in New York, which is GREAT... but it stinks. Because it will make having him come to disney and come visit THAT much more difficult...but its ok. Kevin and I have done a long distance relationship for almost 2 years now, so hopefully this challenge of being much farther away will not be too difficult, We will just have to make every moment count that we can if/when we can come visit. (And to all wondering what his new job is, he is a meteorologist, so blame him for all of this very cold weather the entire country is experiencing =p ) We have been in a long distance relationship really from the start of our relationship almost 2 years ago, because I have been at school in Vermont, so hopefully this wont be too much of an adjustment. But I always know that Kevin is one of the most supportive and caring people that has ever been in my life, so I know he will be there to help me, no matter where he is!

Up next is my Roommate! Katie! I havent actually met Katie yet, since our check in date isnt until th 20th, but I can already tell we will be great friends! I met her on the DCP Facebook group, and we really talk every day, more than me and most of my other friends talk in person, which I am not sure if that is a good thing or a bad thing for my social life...but that's OK! I am super excited to meet her and I am sure we are going to have loads of disney adventures!

This is all for now, but MORE will be added on as I go through my DCP Adventure! Stay tuned! pixiedust:

NEXT CHAPTER: THE APPLICATIONS!

cant wait to follow along on your adventure! I am also doing the dcp spring advantage program I checked in last wednesday January 8th! We should definitely meet up when you're down and settled in!

Following along! I'm going to live your wonderful DCP journey through you :) Can't wait to hear about all your adventures!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter