DCP Audition Rejection

awal9849

Earning My Ears
Hey guys! Thank you so much for taking the time out to read my thread. That being said, I wanted to see if I could ask a few questions. I auditioned to be a character and I thought it went pretty well! I got a callback and was recorded as I acted some lines. Today, almost a month later after the audition, I got a letter of rejection from Disney saying I was pulled from consideration -- totally knew that might happen and was prepped for it. If I'm honest I am kind of bummed, however, I am still incredibly grateful for the opportunity and I feel encouraged to try again. Next time though, now since I have even more experience, I want to improve. Oh and I was given an incredible opportunity to be a part of the DCP in another role, a lifeguard, so I do plan on going still.
My questions are is there a way to audition for a character role again while working down at Walt Disney World? Are my chances any better if I audition at Disney? Do you know what makes an actor stand out in the recordings so I could be better for next time? What do you think are some major influences that could cause a person to get pulled out of consideration after the auditions? And if a person who was offered a character role turns it down (which would be wild haha), does that mean people who were given a rejection letter still might have a slight chance?
Thank you so much!

There are auditions that CPs can go to. These auditions are specifically for DCP kids. There are also auditions they are not allowed to go to.....be sure you attend only those you are entitled to go to.
As far as the why's of making it or not? It's all about what Disney needs. You need to remember that for every spot you audition for, there are hundreds of others that are just as qualified as you are. Sometimes the most talented person gets passed over due to not being able to fit in the costume! I doubt that rejections are reversed.
Just keep auditioning...it's hard but that's just how it is at Disney. My dd has auditioned many times but her height makes it difficult.

@goofy4tink Hey! Thank you so much for the feedback, I really appreciate it! Those are great things to keep in mind! :D You're right, I'm just going to keep trying. It is true, this is incredibly competitive so it is only fair I would match that in efforts. Also thanks for the heads up about the specific auditions for the DCP kids, I'll keep an eye on that when I go down.

In the meantime, work on your animation (think pantomime) and your movement (dance) - those two things will set you apart when it comes to a character audition.

Very true!!! When my dd first auditioned, prior to starting her program, her improv skills really helped!!! She's a decent dancer but moves well. She made it all the way to the end of auditions and was let go just prior to face character stuff. Her improv assignment was getting a rescue dog ready for adoption!! Geez...not easy!!!

I'd say, keep going for it....my DS tried 3 times before he was accepted....he'll ge going the end of January 2019.

In the meantime, work on your animation (think pantomime) and your movement (dance) - those two things will set you apart when it comes to a character audition.

Those are some actually really great tips, I def will try to improve on those for sure. Thank you! Also, sorry for the late reply BTW

Very true!!! When my dd first auditioned, prior to starting her program, her improv skills really helped!!! She's a decent dancer but moves well. She made it all the way to the end of auditions and was let go just prior to face character stuff. Her improv assignment was getting a rescue dog ready for adoption!! Geez...not easy!!!

Yikes, that's rough! Thanks for sharing and I'm glad she still got a position at Disney :)

I'd say, keep going for it....my DS tried 3 times before he was accepted....he'll ge going the end of January 2019.

That's encouraging and so good to hear that he kept to it that many times! I wish him the best of luck! Is he doing a full time position? That auditions I know of get in you the next semester, I haven't heard of getting in for a position year later?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!