DCP Face Character Help

jillianrcromwell

Earning My Ears
i’ve already applied to DCP and passed my first interview but i wanted to ask about the face characters for anyone who can help!

I’m so interested in obviously going after a princess role, and i’ve been told i look a lot like rapunzel by many people, but i’ve heard the height requirement is 5’4-5’7

i am 5’1, does this automatically remove me from any chance of a princess role?

as what other things do they want in terms of looks?

My D went to a class a couple of years ago with a casting person for Disney- I will ask her.

I do know for the audition she went to they did ask for any performance experience and you could upload a head shot- so make sure you have one. Sometimes they are not casting for face characters. I do remember my D saying someone had dyed her hair like Elsa with the braid and everything- she was cut in the first round- don't do that.:D

Talked with my daughter- she said at her audition they were looking for performers, face and full costume people. She said the casting person told them they will look at their face, height and the way they move and that even if they make it through that day's audition, it doesn't mean that they will be offered the role. They were the first group of DCP auditions, so they had to wait for all the other auditions until they found out if they got the role. She also told them that face characters also have to be full costumed characters- so I guess that means you would do both (that seems a little strange- but that was what she said). There is a height requirement not 100% sure what it is- and after they made the first cut they weighed and measured people.

When she went to the class a couple of years ago- the casting person told them they were moving towards face recognition software- not his exact words- but basically something that would measure symmetry and match it up to the ideal "face". No idea if that actually happened.

Just be aware that you might have to accept your regular DCP role, before you hear about the character role. They will move you to character, but be sure you would truly be happy accepting the regular role.

Talked with my daughter- she said at her audition they were looking for performers, face and full costume people. She said the casting person told them they will look at their face, height and the way they move and that even if they make it through that day's audition, it doesn't mean that they will be offered the role. They were the first group of DCP auditions, so they had to wait for all the other auditions until they found out if they got the role. She also told them that face characters also have to be full costumed characters- so I guess that means you would do both (that seems a little strange- but that was what she said). There is a height requirement not 100% sure what it is- and after they made the first cut they weighed and measured people.

When she went to the class a couple of years ago- the casting person told them they were moving towards face recognition software- not his exact words- but basically something that would measure symmetry and match it up to the ideal "face". No idea if that actually happened.

Just be aware that you might have to accept your regular DCP role, before you hear about the character role. They will move you to character, but be sure you would truly be happy accepting the regular role.
thank you so much! i really appreciate all the insight into that, that is already so helpful and takes some of the edge off my nerves!

Once you get accepted look for the character audition dates in your area. My dd got accepted for summer 2019 - did an audition in NYC and made it through to the end but did not get cast. She ended up not going in August but re-applied and got accepted for Spring 2020. She did another casting audition in NYC and again made it through to the end but did not get cast. She is in her CP now as a greeter at the MK and Loves it :)

Her takeaway from the character auditions was to follow directions, learn the dances and show your personality. She really enjoyed both auditions even though she wasn't cast so make the most of it!
Good luck -

I'm a current DCP character performer (not face). Face characters are really up to the casting director, they have specific facial features they are looking for. Definitely check out the college program performer auditions! You will have to make it past the first round to be considered for face. The first round consists of a basic parade dance combination. After that, they will make a cut and ask others to stay. At this point, everyone is measured and separated into groups for consideration for face or to learn a more difficult dance combination. In my experience, they are fairly strict with height and measurements just because of how the costumes are made. You could be in consideration for face but if the costume doesn't fit you won't be approved for the character. As for the audition, wear light, natural makeup and never stop smiling! Be super over the top and confident in the dancing and animation. Hope this helps!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!