DCP fall 2020

Fall 2020 has officially been cancelled on both coasts. The Program is hereon suspended indefinitely. All Program offers for the remainder of 2020 have been revoked and refunds will be issued for everyone who was still scheduled to attend the Program. Sending love to Fall 2020 hopefuls-- I know how devastating this cancellation is.

Just a heads up the CP and Aspire programs have been cancelled that were to start Aug. 3rd. Kids are being notified as I type. I just spoke with my DD best friend that was leaving July 28th and had just signed a lease.
I heard about CP- but Aspire as well??? That's a lot of people who depend on the money from Disney for college.

Fall 2020 has officially been cancelled on both coasts. The Program is hereon suspended indefinitely. All Program offers for the remainder of 2020 have been revoked and refunds will be issued for everyone who was still scheduled to attend the Program. Sending love to Fall 2020 hopefuls-- I know how devastating this cancellation is.

View attachment 506013
My daughter was so looking forward to this experience. Hopefully, she can reapply when things get back to a near normal.

So will some of the kids that missed the Fall this year not be able to reapply later? Meaning could some no longer be eligible due to graduating or being out of college for too long?

So will some of the kids that missed the Fall this year not be able to reapply later? Meaning could some no longer be eligible due to graduating or being out of college for too long?
It is my understanding that the DCP has extended the eligibility time after graduation. I don't remember the exact time though.

My DD is going into her Junior year of college so she has a few other opportunities before she graduates and is planning to reapply as soon as possible.

So sorry for the all the DCP this year. IMO Disney has treated them horribly through this- lack of timely and accurate communication being one of them. It would also be nice when the DCP starts again to ensure all the ones from this year get priority hire status before just opening up general applications.
My DD’s friend who was to go this fall is now late for registering for classes, but he goes to school and lives with family in same town so at least he isn’t also scrambling for a place to live!

It is my understanding that the DCP has extended the eligibility time after graduation. I don't remember the exact time though.

My DD is going into her Junior year of college so she has a few other opportunities before she graduates and is planning to reapply as soon as possible.
That is great. But boy I bet it will make the program even more competitive than ever when it does open back up.

So sorry for the all the DCP this year. IMO Disney has treated them horribly through this- lack of timely and accurate communication being one of them. It would also be nice when the DCP starts again to ensure all the ones from this year get priority hire status before just opening up general applications.
My DD’s friend who was to go this fall is now late for registering for classes, but he goes to school and lives with family in same town so at least he isn’t also scrambling for a place to live!
Agree with you! My dd was sent home from the SA 2020 program.
I feel Disney handled much of this so poorly. I do feel badly for the FA and Fall kiddos but I am happy for them that they didn't pay the program fee, get moved down there and then get sent home...at least they got enough notice not to have to head down there. They have a little amount of notice to figure out their fall semester. I’m sure many are now scrambling.

Would be very nice if Disney gave all the sent home and cancelled kids some kind of priority hire status but they sent out an email to the S/SA 2020 kids saying they had no Rehiring status. Not sure what the FA kids got. Fall kids were told they could 'postpone' their program, giving the impression they maybe are being given some kind of advantage when they apply again.

Last edited:
Take it from me, it was very frustrating not knowing for sure if DD was going or not. We knew that the recruiters were furloughed, but all communication said that Fall 2020 were expected. As the summer progressed, I think DD felt the cancellation was coming and felt more relief than devastation. Fortunately, DD registered for a few classes and had already nailed down housing because she needed it for the spring. However, her college experience this fall will not be what she's used to. :(

Agree with you! My dd was sent home from the SA 2020 program.
I feel Disney handled much of this so poorly. I do feel badly for the FA and Fall kiddos but I am happy for them that they didn't pay the program fee, get moved down there and then get sent home...at least they got enough notice not to have to head down there. They have a little amount of notice to figure out their fall semester. I’m sure many are now scrambling.

Would be very nice if Disney gave all the sent home and cancelled kids some kind of priority hire status but they sent out an email to the S/SA 2020 kids saying they had no Rehiring status. Not sure what the FA kids got. Fall kids were told they could 'postpone' their program, giving the impression they maybe are being given some kind of advantage when they apply again.

I agree, when the program restarts, it is going to be even more competitive. It would be nice if the 2020 DCP kids get some kind of pass for the online interview and straight to the phone interview. DD was not given a choice to postpone or given any kind of advantage for future programs. As a Junior, DD will have several chances to reapply before she graduates, but will probably graduate a semester later than she originally planned.

Take it from me, it was very frustrating not knowing for sure if DD was going or not. We knew that the recruiters were furloughed, but all communication said that Fall 2020 were expected. As the summer progressed, I think DD felt the cancellation was coming and felt more relief than devastation. Fortunately, DD registered for a few classes and had already nailed down housing because she needed it for the spring. However, her college experience this fall will not be what she's used to. :(

I agree, when the program restarts, it is going to be even more competitive. It would be nice if the 2020 DCP kids get some kind of pass for the online interview and straight to the phone interview. DD was not given a choice to postpone or given any kind of advantage for future programs. As a Junior, DD will have several chances to reapply before she graduates, but will probably graduate a semester later than she originally planned.

This is a hard time for our kids. It's heartbreaking really. My dd20 dreamed of the dcp since she was 12yo. Had to app 3x to finally get in and then was sent home so quickly. My heart just breaks for these kids. Getting to do the dcp, and not just for a month!, is a big deal to so many. For some, it is checking a box - my program requires an internship and this looks like fun (I've met kids like that!!)- and for others, it is, legit, a lifelong dream.

I'm sorry your dd was not given a chance to postpone her program. I think that might have been given to kids who were cancelling prior to Disney actually cancelling. I have no idea what actually happens with them. I really do feel all the 2020 kids, whether S/SA or F/FA deserve some kind of rehiring rights. My dd lost a semester due to the SA loss but she took summer classes and is taking a heavier load in the fall to try to make up. She really hopes to go back and actually get a real DCP experience. 43 days (touchdown at the airport to liftoff) isn't even close to the 6 mos she was supposed to have. Hoping things turn around at some point and we see this program coming back!

I'm Wendy too, btw!

This is a hard time for our kids. It's heartbreaking really. My dd20 dreamed of the dcp since she was 12yo. Had to app 3x to finally get in and then was sent home so quickly. My heart just breaks for these kids. Getting to do the dcp, and not just for a month!, is a big deal to so many. For some, it is checking a box - my program requires an internship and this looks like fun (I've met kids like that!!)- and for others, it is, legit, a lifelong dream.

I'm sorry your dd was not given a chance to postpone her program. I think that might have been given to kids who were cancelling prior to Disney actually cancelling. I have no idea what actually happens with them. I really do feel all the 2020 kids, whether S/SA or F/FA deserve some kind of rehiring rights. My dd lost a semester due to the SA loss but she took summer classes and is taking a heavier load in the fall to try to make up. She really hopes to go back and actually get a real DCP experience. 43 days (touchdown at the airport to liftoff) isn't even close to the 6 mos she was supposed to have. Hoping things turn around at some point and we see this program coming back!

I'm Wendy too, btw!

Hi Wendy, my DD is the same way. This has been her dream since she was little. The DCP is her stepping stone to hopefully getting a Professional Internship and then eventually working for the Walt Disney Company, not just a fun gig (like for so many others). DD is purposely extending her college time to 1) have more chances to apply and 2) to get as far away from Covid19 as she can so she can graduate and walk during her ceremony! Unfortunately, I don't even see the DCP coming back until late 2021 or 2022 at this rate.

Good luck to your DD on having another chance!

Last edited:
Hi Wendy, my DD is the same way. This has been her dream since she was little. The DCP is her stepping stone to hopefully getting a Professional Internship and then eventually working for the Walt Disney Company, not just a fun gig (like for so many others). DD is purposely extending her college time to 1) have more chances to apply and 2) to get as far away from Covid19 as she can so she can graduate and walk during her ceremony! Unfortunately, I don't even see the DCP coming back until late 2021 or 2022 at this rate.

Good luck to your DD on having another chance!
Same for my dd too! She wants to do a PI and knows how competitive those are. Best wishes to your dd! Hopefully our girls get another chance at this.
And I’m in agreement, we are looking at late 2021 at the earliest...😕

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts