DCP Question

Steve Moose

Earning My Ears
Hey, new to this forum, dont know if im posting this in the correct place, but anything will help. so i applied for the DCP, i got invited for the phone interview, i filled out the application and the questionnaire, etc...my only fear is that when i tell them i can only work from may-august they'll hold that against me. im on the teaching track for my university, i have to take classes specific to semesters, if i take off, say for example, semester 2, of junior year, ill have to wait until next year to take it again and it'll throw off the track, hindering me to graduate. i've wanted to do this program since i was 10, and now that im so close to doing it i dont wanna mess anything up. has anyone ever done the DCP with a few months, or gotten in late/early? like i know their programs usually go for a semester and summer, i'm just afraid i cant devote that much time. Thanks!!

You're talking about the Spring 2018 semester, right? The Spring program goes from January --> May, Spring Advantage goes from January --> August, so I'm not really sure working from May to August is an option? If you do the regular Spring program, you would be finishing up your program by the time May rolled around, so it would be impossible for you to start then. And if you were doing the Spring Advantage program, you would be expected to stay from January all the way through to August. I've had friends who left the program early for various reasons (you get a no re-hire status for six months after quitting, and you won't officially "graduate" from the program, but it's not a big deal otherwise) but don't think it's possible to start your program late...If you're not there on check-in day (January), ready to be assigned your location & begin training, I'm assuming you'll just be removed from the program list?

Are any of the courses you've mentioned available to take online? If not, I would say...apply again for the DCP during your last semester or immediately after graduating, this way you can enjoy the full experience.

My daughter had to turn down her position in the DCP when her university changed the course sequences she needed. It would have taken her an additional year to graduate, so once she found out that Disney wouldn't let her work just for the summer, she had to say "no" to Disney. It was pretty hard, but she knew it was the right thing.

Unfortunately, there is no select program for a new DCPer where you can work from May through August. For Spring, you work from January through May. For Spring Advantage, you work from January through August. For Fall, you work from August through January. For Fall Advantage, you work from May/June through January. Only if you're an Alumni (have done a program) could you do a summer only program, which is essentially May through August. The only reason those could change if you have to leave early for academic reasons and even then, it would have to be near the end of your program, not mid-program. This is why you find some people who do the program tend to not graduate on time, myself included. I'm a semester behind because of my CP. It's not a bad thing, but if you want to graduate on time, I'd recommend applying for the Fall during your last semester at school in the Spring. Unfortunately, this would mean a last chance for you to get into the program, but it's up to you.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!