DCP Spring/Spring Advantage 2020 Apps

My son applied the night applications came out, did WBI on Tuesday (8/20) and his phone interview this past Wednesday (8/28). And now the wait.....
Good luck to all who applied!!!

I applied the day after applications came out (8/20) and my app is still only "received". Should I be concerned? Because I am...

My son got his acceptance for Spring 2020 today! He will have a role in attractions. He’s currently spending the fall semester studying France, so this is turning out to be a heckuva year for him.

I just finished my phone interview for the DCP! I think it went well but one tip I’ve heard that I didn’t adopt into my interview was to repeat the name of my interviewer. I did remember it, but repeating it just didn’t feel right in the rhythm of our conversation. Do you think they really look for that? I feel like I did everything else right except for maybe pausing to think during just one question.

I just finished my phone interview for the DCP! I think it went well but one tip I’ve heard that I didn’t adopt into my interview was to repeat the name of my interviewer. I did remember it, but repeating it just didn’t feel right in the rhythm of our conversation. Do you think they really look for that? I feel like I did everything else right except for maybe pausing to think during just one question.

I had my PI today, too!

I think it certainly helps, but with so many applicants and so little time to fill slots, I don't think it's the end-all, be-all if you forgot to mention your interviewer's name. I'm fairly certain I didn't remember my interviewer's name when I did my interview for Fall 16, and I was accepted. If you think your PI went well otherwise, it probably did. Good luck!

I had my PI today, too!

I think it certainly helps, but with so many applicants and so little time to fill slots, I don't think it's the end-all, be-all if you forgot to mention your interviewer's name. I'm fairly certain I didn't remember my interviewer's name when I did my interview for Fall 16, and I was accepted. If you think your PI went well otherwise, it probably did. Good luck!
Thank you very much! Good luck to you as well! :))

Don't second guess yourself too much about that. My son was successful with his PI, and he did not repeat the interviewer's name. He vlogged his interview so I was able to watch it after he was done.

Congrats and good luck to all the applicants!!! My son had his 2 weeks ago tonight. He had watched so many videos and had 6 pages of color coded notes. He was READY. His call was for 6:15 but did not receive the actual call until 6:38 and was calling us by 6:55. He was shocked and so upset afterwards. He said the recruiter had no enthusiasm and twice mentioned his job as Rite Aid when he worked at Shop Rite. He hung up and just had no idea how to feel. He said it was nothing like the videos he had watched for other PI's. We said you did your best and that's all he could do, maybe they just had a rough day. He replayed it over again for 4 days and by day 5 just was starting to convince himself he was not going to be accepted. He received his acceptance last Tuesday.

Congrats and good luck to all the applicants!!! My son had his 2 weeks ago tonight. He had watched so many videos and had 6 pages of color coded notes. He was READY. His call was for 6:15 but did not receive the actual call until 6:38 and was calling us by 6:55. He was shocked and so upset afterwards. He said the recruiter had no enthusiasm and twice mentioned his job as Rite Aid when he worked at Shop Rite. He hung up and just had no idea how to feel. He said it was nothing like the videos he had watched for other PI's. We said you did your best and that's all he could do, maybe they just had a rough day. He replayed it over again for 4 days and by day 5 just was starting to convince himself he was not going to be accepted. He received his acceptance last Tuesday.
Congratulations to your son! What an exhilarating feeling for our kids (and us!) when they get that word of acceptance into the program. I'm hoping for good news for all here who are anxiously waiting

Daughter had her PI Friday. Anxiously awaiting further news...

My daughter arrives 1/13 for attractions as well. When is he arriving?
My son also arrives 1/13! He's so excited. He's hoping for a role at either Jungle Cruise or SWGE. He has a good bit of experience in musical theater, so is hoping that helps him out.
Looks like DW and I will be joining him there for 4-5 days before his check-in date, so we're excited too.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!