DCP Work Location

TheEpcotKid

Earning My Ears
Hey there!

So I was recently accepted into the Program for Attractions, and I had requested a specific ride during my phone interview. We spent about the half of the interview talking about said attraction, and the interviewer made it clear that she would love to place me there.

Fast forward, a few days later, someone mentions that the recruiters only place you in a zone, and it's up to the area managers to put you in specific attractions, without even looking at your preferences. Can anyone confirm this?

Note: I am aware that I could end up at any Attraction on Disney property no matter what was said during my interview, and am fully prepared (and excited!) if that were the case.

Last edited:
Here is my dd's story. She was accepted into attractions, in Feb. In mid-August, I got word from a CM friend that she had seen my dd 'onboarded' in AK, in a specific area. Ok...we got very excited. My dd loves that area..basically Africa. She was due to start right after Labor Day. Then, a week later, we found out she had been moved to DHS! Ok. Then...the week before she was due to start, she got moved to a different area of DHS. She is very happy where she is!
I wouldn't count on anything, until you get to Casting!!! Nothing is etched in stone with Disney until you're standing there, in front of them!!!

Here is my dd's story. She was accepted into attractions, in Feb. In mid-August, I got word from a CM friend that she had seen my dd 'onboarded' in AK, in a specific area. Ok...we got very excited. My dd loves that area..basically Africa. She was due to start right after Labor Day. Then, a week later, we found out she had been moved to DHS! Ok. Then...the week before she was due to start, she got moved to a different area of DHS. She is very happy where she is!
I wouldn't count on anything, until you get to Casting!!! Nothing is etched in stone with Disney until you're standing there, in front of them!!!

Thank you for the quick response! That's crazy that she got moved around so much, haha! I also have a few CM friends that'll be able to update me on my zone beforehand, though I probably won't know the specific attraction until I get there.
I'm sure I'm just overthinking, but it would honestly be a little upsetting to be placed at an attraction just steps away from my dream role (nothing against the attraction itself, of course).

You know...when my dd saw where she was going to be, she wasn't very happy. She figured that if she was going to be in DHS, she would have loved GMR or even Star Tours. But no...she got Jedi Training Academy! So disappointed. Then? After 2 days on the job, she was thrilled. She loves her placement, was thrilled to stay there for her extension! She loves the people she works with, and has had some pretty incredible guest interactions!!!
If you don't end up in your 'dream role', give your assigned role a chance! Very few kids get exactly what they want...but find they are very happy where they ended up, especially in attractions! Good luck!!!

You know...when my dd saw where she was going to be, she wasn't very happy. She figured that if she was going to be in DHS, she would have loved GMR or even Star Tours. But no...she got Jedi Training Academy! So disappointed. Then? After 2 days on the job, she was thrilled. She loves her placement, was thrilled to stay there for her extension! She loves the people she works with, and has had some pretty incredible guest interactions!!!
If you don't end up in your 'dream role', give your assigned role a chance! Very few kids get exactly what they want...but find they are very happy where they ended up, especially in attractions! Good luck!!!

Oh, I have no doubt that I'd love it! And thank you!! Jedi Training Academy actually sounds really fun because of the interaction with the kids! And, if I'm not wrong, she rotates around to Path of the Jedi and a few Meet and Greets as well?

Oh, I have no doubt that I'd love it! And thank you!! Jedi Training Academy actually sounds really fun because of the interaction with the kids! And, if I'm not wrong, she rotates around to Path of the Jedi and a few Meet and Greets as well?
She does....she can be found at JTA sign-ups, JTA sign-in (gets kids signed in, and/or gets kids ready to head to the show), works the actual show, helping kids on and off the stage, the Path of the Jedi show (outside, or inside doing the spiel), Olaf meet and greet, and Red Carpet of Dreams Mickey/Minnie meet and greet. It's hard to track her down at times!!!! Her CM friends just laugh at me!

I've heard that what you say is true, but I have no evidence for it. That being said...

Take my story with a grain of salt, but when my recruiter asked me what I thought I'd be best at doing- or something along those lines- I basically specifically requested a certain attraction and spun it into a story about how it matched my skill set. I was placed at that attraction!

I keep thinking that it could be a coincidence, but it doesn't seem likely. Perhaps the stars were just looking down at me that day- idk.

I've heard that what you say is true, but I have no evidence for it. That being said...

Take my story with a grain of salt, but when my recruiter asked me what I thought I'd be best at doing- or something along those lines- I basically specifically requested a certain attraction and spun it into a story about how it matched my skill set. I was placed at that attraction!

I keep thinking that it could be a coincidence, but it doesn't seem likely. Perhaps the stars were just looking down at me that day- idk.

That's exactly how I requested mine, versus doing it at the end! I talked about how the specific attraction would be perfect for someone with my skill set, as well as my personal connection with the ride/why it's message was important to me.

The attraction I asked for also isn't a popularly requested one by any means (in comparison to things like safari, spiel rides, and HM/TOT), so I'm hoping that also helps.

I will definitely update you guys when I find out my location!

That's exactly how I requested mine, versus doing it at the end! I talked about how the specific attraction would be perfect for someone with my skill set, as well as my personal connection with the ride/why it's message was important to me.

The attraction I asked for also isn't a popularly requested one by any means (in comparison to things like safari, spiel rides, and HM/TOT), so I'm hoping that also helps.

I will definitely update you guys when I find out my location!

Mine was a spieling ride & probably a heavily requested one. That being said, some of my friends were TERRIFIED when placed there and had zero public speaking experience...so who knows? Good luck!

What you were told is true they do not guarantee you and attraction based on interview. I got attractions and after talking with the recruiter all about Big Thunder Mountain I was 100% sure that was where I was going since I got attractions. When I got to my CP day at casting I found out I was at Epcot Phineas and Ferb (Agent P). Originally I was super disappointed but found out pretty quickly I hit the jackpot of attractions!

Please do not let anyone check your name in Roster on the Hub. If Disney finds out someone told you where you are going before you have your casting day you can get terminated before the program begins and the CM who tells you can also get terminated. It is considered sharing company information and since you don't know and aren't yet an official employee until after you have your casting day then it doesn't matter that it is technically your information. Few people get caught unless they are shouting about it here on the Dis or on other social media but it just isn't worth it to find out a couple of weeks earlier than designed.

What you were told is true they do not guarantee you and attraction based on interview. I got attractions and after talking with the recruiter all about Big Thunder Mountain I was 100% sure that was where I was going since I got attractions. When I got to my CP day at casting I found out I was at Epcot Phineas and Ferb (Agent P). Originally I was super disappointed but found out pretty quickly I hit the jackpot of attractions!

Please do not let anyone check your name in Roster on the Hub. If Disney finds out someone told you where you are going before you have your casting day you can get terminated before the program begins and the CM who tells you can also get terminated. It is considered sharing company information and since you don't know and aren't yet an official employee until after you have your casting day then it doesn't matter that it is technically your information. Few people get caught unless they are shouting about it here on the Dis or on other social media but it just isn't worth it to find out a couple of weeks earlier than designed.

I should have been more specific, my apologies. Whether or not I find out my location beforehand, this information will stay between me and the CM (will not be posted anywhere or revealed to anyone else), and I will only be letting you guys know once arrival day comes/I receive my training schedule. I plan on staying with the company after the DCP, so I'm not about to do anything that would jeopardize my career.
It's also worth noting that I'm not 100% counting on what I hear, because I know of plenty of cases where someone has been moved somewhere completely different just days before they get to Disney.

I should have been more specific, my apologies. Whether or not I find out my location beforehand, this information will stay between me and the CM (will not be posted anywhere or revealed to anyone else), and I will only be letting you guys know once arrival day comes/I receive my training schedule. I plan on staying with the company after the DCP, so I'm not about to do anything that would jeopardize my career.

Just wanted to clarify I didn't think you would but I saw someone post that they had a friend do it for their daughter and wanted to mention that when I did my CP we were specifically told finding out our location before hand was a big no no and then helping others find out theirs was also a big no no. Again it is hard to catch if you aren't blabbing about it but slip up to the wrong person and there goes your shot yah know.

Just wanted to clarify I didn't think you would but I saw someone post that they had a friend do it for their daughter and wanted to mention that when I did my CP we were specifically told finding out our location before hand was a big no no and then helping others find out theirs was also a big no no. Again it is hard to catch if you aren't blabbing about it but slip up to the wrong person and there goes your shot yah know.

No worries, I definitely appreciate the concern because plenty of people would let the entirety of Facebook know immediately. :/

It's also worth noting that I'm not 100% counting on what I hear, because I know of plenty of cases where someone has been moved somewhere completely different just days before they get to Disney.

Yep I was going to say exactly what wilkeliza said...
We know someone who was terminated after they started the DCP because of this exact reason. I'd think long and hard if it is worth risking your program just to find out a few days ahead of time.
Disney has eyes and ears everywhere!!

Yep I was going to say exactly what wilkeliza said...
We know someone who was terminated after they started the DCP because of this exact reason. I'd think long and hard if it is worth risking your program just to find out a few days ahead of time.
Disney has eyes and ears everywhere!!

Thank you. I will make sure to take any necessary precautions to avoid anything compromising my program.
Because I realize now that it's probably not smart to post my work location on a popular forum like this, I will only be letting you guys know whether I got my requested attraction or not (to give closure to the original question).

Mine was a spieling ride & probably a heavily requested one. That being said, some of my friends were TERRIFIED when placed there and had zero public speaking experience...so who knows? Good luck!

That's awesome that you got it! I'm honestly a little worried that I may get placed at a spieling ride, because as fun as they may be, I'm not the best at memorizing lines, haha!

That's awesome that you got it! I'm honestly a little worried that I may get placed at a spieling ride, because as fun as they may be, I'm not the best at memorizing lines, haha!

If you do by any chance get placed at Jungle- you can do it! It's been around 18 months since I last worked there and I still know my spiel. You'll get it down :) Btw, in my interview I also requested NOT to be placed at ToT or RnRC, I admitted that I was a bit scared of them and had never ridden them.

May I ask what ride you had asked to be placed at, just out of curiosity?

Thank you. I will make sure to take any necessary precautions to avoid anything compromising my program.
Because I realize now that it's probably not smart to post my work location on a popular forum like this, I will only be letting you guys know whether I got my requested attraction or not (to give closure to the original question).

Posting your location is fine. If you want to cover your butt just put a signature that says your postings and opinions are all your own and are not affiliated with the Disney Company in any official capacity. The information you provided (unless you changed it drastically after the edit) is only stuff every CP knows at acceptance which is their area and that is okay to show.

Also for anyone who is just accepted and hasn't gotten down yet know even your area can change. I had a friend who was assigned to front gate (or whatever the parking lot, entry cms, etc are all under) but when he arrived he was custodial. He got himself on a bad list on Disney's side though because he threatened lawsuit to be able to move out of custodial. He was shocked for some reason when Disney denied him an extension or to stay and when he hasn't gotten a job with them since. Can't imagine why (note my sarcasm on that)

Posting your location is fine. If you want to cover your butt just put a signature that says your postings and opinions are all your own and are not affiliated with the Disney Company in any official capacity. The information you provided (unless you changed it drastically after the edit) is only stuff every CP knows at acceptance which is their area and that is okay to show.

Also for anyone who is just accepted and hasn't gotten down yet know even your area can change. I had a friend who was assigned to front gate (or whatever the parking lot, entry cms, etc are all under) but when he arrived he was custodial. He got himself on a bad list on Disney's side though because he threatened lawsuit to be able to move out of custodial. He was shocked for some reason when Disney denied him an extension or to stay and when he hasn't gotten a job with them since. Can't imagine why (note my sarcasm on that)

You mean that they changed his role completely? As someone who only marked interest in one role (attractions), I would assume that it's safe to say the same wouldn't happen to me, but I would have thought whatever role was in the offer letter couldn't be changed for anything (aside from medical reasons, etc.)?

And yes, whether it's a ride, show, turnstiles, or even a parking lot (with my luck, I'd be the one to get that, lol!) I'm more than prepared to work anywhere on property and know that I would grow to love it!

You mean that they changed his role completely? As someone who only marked interest in one role (attractions), I would assume that it's safe to say the same wouldn't happen to me, but I would have thought whatever role was in the offer letter couldn't be changed for anything (aside from medical reasons, etc.)?

And yes, whether it's a ride, show, turnstiles, or even a parking lot (with my luck, I'd be the one to get that, lol!) I'm more than prepared to work anywhere on property and know that I would grow to love it!

Yes they changed it completely. Not 100% sure why but he did put in a medical request pretty close to arrival so perhaps it was that and they wouldn't say that was the reason.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!