DD could use some pixie dust **update: She Passed!**

Claudia1

DIS Veteran
DIS Lifetime Sponsor
A year ago, I would have never dreamt that I would be comfortable with the idea of her as a driver. She has matured sooooooo much this year and has a greater command of the modifications that she must use in order to thrive in this world. We have a car for her and have taken her out on our country roads. She does great!!!!

The problem is that she is trying to get her Learner's Permit. It is a 50 question test and you can only miss 4. She has tried twice and missed 6 each time. She is going to try again tomorrow. If she fails, she has to wait a month before trying again.

She is soooooo close! 2 years ago we were told that she would never get a regular diploma, so this is phenomenal. She is not only on track for a regular diploma and graduation but is almost up to par to pass this test. The problem is that she can't remember the questions she missed to know what to study. Also, I have no clue about what is on it, so preparing her is tough. She will take Driver's Ed this summer (at school) but we wanted her to start driving now.

I know that this does not rank up there with plastic & duct tape type worries, but she could use some positive thoughts about this time tomorrow. I really think that she knows the material but the actual test (wording, phrasing, etc...) is tripping her up.

Cross your fingers for her!

(......and, if anybody in Indiana has some ideas about this test, please PM me!)

Good luck to your dd! I hope the third time's the charm! :)

Pixie dust to you (for your nerves) and your daughter. Don't worry about it ranking up there with the duct tape and plastic. It's just nice to read about some more 'normal' problems. ;)

Sending tons of PD her way. I hope she passes this time :)

Sending PD your way.....I hope she passes, please let us know. We are all rooting for her:Pinkbounc :bounce: :Pinkbounc :bounce:

Wish I was there to give her a {hug}, Claudia. My very best wishes for her, I love hearing when she does well. Love hearing about her always, but the accomplishments are so neat. Hoping, Claudia.

Test-passing *Pixie Dust* on the way!

I agree, 3rd time's the charm! ;)

Claudia, I know of several people that have missed it a few times.
I hope she aces it this time. :)

She did it!!!!!

She worked hard, concentrated on the questions and did it!!!!!

For her, this is a big, big thing. Taking a test on material not presented in her typical way is daunting. The "failed" tests were, in reality, practice runs. It got her in the mode and she then understood the format.

Not only is she proud of her accomplishment but she feels like a "typical" teen.

For Valentines Day, DH and I have red fuzzy dice w/ hearts and a fuzzy red steering wheel cover. I'm sooooooo glad she passed so that she can enjoy her gifts!

<marquee direction=right>
auto003.gif
</marquee>

Great news, Claudia!!!!! So very happy for her, she should be proud, along with you guys. Very nice!!!!!!

Here are a few more...............

fuzzy-dice_1724_1599630

Woohoooo! That is sooo excellent! I am happy for you all! :)

Dan, those are the exact dice I have for her! Ordered them from that Fuzzy Dice website.

Too funny!!!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter