• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

DD is visually impaired, can't do 3D shows any experience

forever 35

Mouseketeer
Hi, My DD is 9 and can't do 3D shows. I read somewhere about getting a pass for visually impaired people. Anyone have any experience with this? She has difficulty in poorly lit areas and ramps. Has limited vision in one eye and blind in the other. I need to prepare her for the trip. She is very excited. Any great ideas out there? Thanks!!! :earsgirl: :stitch: paw:

I would post this same question on the DisAbility board. The folks there know EVERYTHING about the Guest Assistance Cards! :sunny:

My daughter (12) does not have binocular vision due to a palsy in one eye, and she does great at the 3D shows - she doesn't get the 3-D effect, but she still enjoys the show. Would your daughter's vision be OK to watch a regular movie? If so, then have her wear the 3-D glasses or not, but I'd at least try Philharmagic with her.

Yes, you can get a GAC for your daughter for seating that is appropriate for her disability. I don't think there is a way to avoid poorly lit areas and ramps, as these are in both the standby and fastpass lines.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter