DDA Chapter 27

We're good, just busy. Between birthdays, college visits, college apps and getting ready for out Thanksgiving cruise I'm pretty much straight out. I will say that I do love my new job though. It's nice working for the school and having the same time off as the older boys. Colby's schedule is slightly different, but it's workable. I feel like I can handle work, sports, plays and everything else that goes along with being Mom.

merry-christmas.jpg

I miss you all, old friends!

Miss you all too. I hope you had a fabulous Christmas. We've got the roast beef in the oven and the family will be arriving in an hour or so.

Hi all, long time no see. Has anyone heard from Bernadette lately?

Hi Debbie!

Thanks for thinking of me! How are you doing?

Things continue to be crazy here. They've fired at least 6 people in the last couple of months. One of the VPs even quit recently. He was in his 50s, had been here over 25 years and didn't have a new job. I still feel my position is pretty stable but the atmosphere here isn't what it was 4 years ago. They are hiring a new analyst soon to take some of my workload so that should really help reduce some of my stress. After the VP quit I was a bit envious that he had the courage to quit but then I thought about it and decided I really do NOT want to leave. I am good at what I do, make a reasonable salary, the hours fit my lifestyle and I get 6 weeks vacation. I realized that I was putting some of the stress on myself and have a new better attitude toward work. Its still easier said than done about not letting things stress me.

I took Emma to Disney 12/6 to 12/13 for her last trip where I can pull her out of school as she'll be in middle school next year. We had a great time. She had never seen any of the Christmas decorations. We stayed 4 nights in a 1BR at Old Key West. Emma was all ready to move in. I loved the huge room but didn't love how big the resort is. I would stay there again. I think DH might like it. We also stayed 3 nights in a studio at BLT. LOVE that! Room was tiny but I liked it a lot. Loved the location and even though we had a lake view room we could see MK from our balcony. Hope I get to stay here again.

On the our last day of the trip I got 2 emails from Joe's teachers that he hadn't been doing his homework.:headache: Not a great thing to come home to. He didn't even come to the airport to get us. I struggled with getting him caught back up right through Chirstmas morning. He still wasn't taking it seriously until I told him he could not come down stairs for Christmas until his math homework was complete-he still had other work to do for English, French, Social Studies and Science. Still not quite sure what is/was going on and he had no explanation.:confused3

Lizzy is a freshman this year. She's doing really well. She has joined the girls ice hockey team. She had only been on ice skates maybe twice years ago when she said last summer she wanted to join the hockey team. DH brought her to public skating as much as possible over the summer. I can't believe how good she is so quickly. She has a game Sunday. I'm sure she'll be even better than she was when I saw her a few weeks ago. The team is very welcoming. It's been really great for her.

Emma has a very strict teacher this year so getting caught back up after our trip was a huge challenge. I was trying to help her with that at the same as dealing with Joe and Joe had the stomach flu so I didn't get cards done this year. I love seeing Disney all decorated for the holidays but it is so hard to travel that time of year.

It was the first trip I had used the Magic Bands for. It all worked out well for us but this trip wasn't about rides-it was about seeing all the holiday stuff. Not sure I will love being limited to 3 FPs when I go on a "regular" trip.

Not sure what future trips we'll do. Lizzy is saying she doesn't want to do Disney this year but we've got passes good through 8/17 (Emma & I through 8/30). It seems sort of wasteful not to use them.;) We are thinking about maybe doing a week at Disney and then rent a car to drive home. We would stop and do sight seeing along the way home. We'll have to get a better grip on those plans before I decide if I'm going to do a birthday trip this year.

Hope everyone is doing well. I do think of all of you often!:grouphug:

Bernadette good to hear from you. Glad Lizzy is enjoying Ice Hockey good luck to the team. I love Disney at Christmas. I hope you can figure out what is going on with Joe.

who can help come up with crossword questions for Disney we will be driving and I want something to help pass the time the adults are not sleeping. not sure if I will be up for watching a dvd or reading the whole time. We have a 17hr car ride with 3 drivers

Elin-thinking of you today-not very happy with what that groundhog saw but still can't help but think of you and your Dad today.:wave2:

who can help come up with crossword questions for Disney we will be driving and I want something to help pass the time the adults are not sleeping. not sure if I will be up for watching a dvd or reading the whole time. We have a 17hr car ride with 3 drivers
Jennifer-have you done a google search on Disney trivia?

Elin-thinking of you today-not very happy with what that groundhog saw but still can't help but think of you and your Dad today.:wave2:

Thanks, Bernadette! I am not happy with his prognostication either! :mad:

However... Good morning, DDA! Happy Groundhog Day! :sunny:

0201130807b_zps954d1b8f.jpg

I know. I miss the good ole days. I'm lucky to keep up with emails these days.

Certainly not like the good ole days when we were all here a lot. I miss the trips when we met and had dinner together at Disney, Richie still talks about how much he enjoyed your bbq Deb.

Hi!:wave2:

We are just back Friday from Disney. I went 3 nights early with Joe-we stayed at ASSp. I wasn't happy with the changes they made (May 2013) to the menus at Pop. We both really enjoyed Sports. We would stay there again. Then Gene & the girls flew in. We spent 1 night at AoA in a Cars suite. We would all stay there again too. Then we did 8 nights on points at Bay Lake Tower. I really LOVED it there! I should have bought points there! I used 1/2 of next year's points on this trip.

We did 3 more nights at AKV. Gene, Joe & Lizzy didn't have passes for the last 5 days of our trip so we did non Disney stuff those days. Those days were incredibly hot-feel like temp of 114 one day.:crazy2: We spent a day at the Orlando Science Center. We really enjoyed that. We drove to St Augustine one day. We enjoyed the ride along the coast and walked around the fort for a while but it was so hot we didn't really explore the town-we'll have to go back some day. I was a bit concerned that 4 resorts would be a pain but with the washer/dryer for most nights I just packed very light and it wasn't too bad.

Not sure what we'll do next year. I think we may try a non Disney trip-seems like I've been saying that for years.:laughing:

Work unfortunately isn't any better for me. We hired a new analyst that was supposed to take some of the pressure off of me but that person didn't work out so now I'm stuck cleaning up that mess and we can't hire a new person in the middle of the budget process because noone will have time to train them.

Kids go back to school next Tuesday. They will all be on the same schedule for the first time ever.

Miss everyone! Hope everyone is well!

That's a beautiful photo, Bernadette! It's so nice to hear from you again, and I'm glad that you had a good time.

We took a trip to Maine this year. I loved parts of it. Other times, I wished we were at Disney.

I do miss all the sharing that we used to do here. Facebook isn't quite the same. Everyone has become so busy, though. I cannot believe how little the kids were and how different our lives were when we started here.

Certainly not like the good ole days when we were all here a lot. I miss the trips when we met and had dinner together at Disney, Richie still talks about how much he enjoyed your bbq Deb.

That was so much fun. We haven't been to WDW in years. We are hoping for 3 weeks next summer, but that means I need to find a part time job over the winter to pay for the trip and help with tuition. I miss when the kids were little, we could go without trying to coordinate 5 schedules, we had less expenses by far.

I still get excited when I see updates to the thread in my email. Silly.

Hunter started his Junior year Monday, Colby starts 5th grade tomorrow and Nick gets dropped off at College on Sunday. Our house is an absolute madhouse right now. We didn't do any vacation this summer as we all were working. I managed to survive being Director of Venture's Summer camp for our Rec Dept. 80 kids and 20 employees. It was a lot of 10 hour days, but it helped with the college fund.

Wow, Deb! I can't believe how old they all are. I think I've mentioned that Matthew graduated from college 2 years ago and is living with his fiancee a couple of hours from here. They are thinking of a September, 2015 wedding, but no date has been set yet. Laura started classes yesterday. She's a college senior. Eeeek!!! Miles will start 10th grade next Wednesday, September 3rd. I remember one of the first pictures that I posted on the Creative Designs thread (before we were a DDA) was of some sleep shirts that I had designed for him, and he was just a little guy. Let me see if it's still on my Photobucket (and if I remember how to log in/use it.)

I didn't find that, but I did find this from our 2006 trip.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter