DDA Chapter 27

Good morning, DDA! :sunny:

Sounds like a great trip, Deb! And Jennifer... October is a wonderful time to visit!!

Sounds like a great trip, Deb! And Jennifer... October is a wonderful time to visit!!

We love October, but unfortunately with the school/work/college schedules we only have the option of a summer vacation, that will hold true for at least the next 11 years :scared:

Thanks for all the comments for Katie! She has really grown through this whole experience. I was afraid that it would really damage her opinion of teachers, but she is more determined than ever to be a teacher, and be the kind of teacher that students will feel comfortable with.

She has decided to focus her talents on English/Writing. She is currently president of the Science Fiction/Fantasy writing club, and has a novel in the works. Her editor is thrilled with it! You just watch: she'll be the next J.K. Rowling!

Her art is really flourishing, as well! She is in the process of opening an Etsy shop with some of her Disney character name art. As soon as it's ready, I'll let you all have the link! She's hoping to sell enough art to fun her high school choir tour to Washington D.C. in April. Cross your fingers! If any of you are in the market for some unique Christmas gifts, you might find something you like in her shop.

In other words, I'm really proud of the way that she has come through this dark period! I'm also really grateful for modern medicine!!! Without her daily pill, I don't know if she would be capable of dealing with things on her own!

Now, I just have to get her into a college! Luckily, with her grades and her ACT score, she's already received offers from several schools. We just need her to fill out the applications and decide what offer to take!

We love October, but unfortunately with the school/work/college schedules we only have the option of a summer vacation, that will hold true for at least the next 11 years :scared:

I understand completely, Deb! We went through that for years too. That is one reason we started doing our Christmas trips... we knew both kids would be off during that time. :)

Thanks for all the comments for Katie! She has really grown through this whole experience. I was afraid that it would really damage her opinion of teachers, but she is more determined than ever to be a teacher, and be the kind of teacher that students will feel comfortable with.

I am so glad to read this, Glynis! Bob and I had a long and involved conversation about Katie and the fact that your school system kept the teacher on staff. We are both appalled that he was not fired!

Look at me, on the DisBoards.... Since our trip is only 54 days away, I thought I would do some quick research....

Good place to come, Tom! :goodvibes

Glynis, Katie sounds like an amazing girl. I would love to see her shop when she gets it up.

Deb, 23 days wow, you'll definitely have time to take it slow and enjoy this trip.

Hi Tom, good to see you!

The car is packed and I am ready to jump in the shower. On may way in about 20 minutes! :yay: F&W trip #1 is about to get underway. It looks to be a soggy one... but I will love being there any way I can get it!

The car is packed and I am ready to jump in the shower. On may way in about 20 minutes! :yay: F&W trip #1 is about to get underway. It looks to be a soggy one... but I will love being there any way I can get it!

Have a Great Time!! We're so jealous.

Good afternoon, DDA! :sunny:

Had a great time, although the 90+ temps about did us in. Looking forward to the cooler temps we are used to in November!

Good morning my friends! I'm a little slow joining back in, but it made my day this morning to see the email notification.

Things have been crazy around here with my first busy season at work. And when they say it's the busy season, it's the busy season. Whew! Add to that a really ugly situation I had to deal with last week, and one particular volunteer I have to deal with on a regular basis, and it's been quite the month.

Glynis - What a roller coaster you all have been through. I'm so sorry to hear about Katie's year last year. How awful for you all. I appreciate you and Deb both sharing your kids' experiences as it helps me to have ideas of what to watch for with Terra as we approach the teen years. I've been warned that the increased hormones mixed with her anxiety issues could be a rough road.

Elin - Glad you had a great weekend at F&WF. It looked like so much fun. Congrats to Kathrin!

Bernadette - It's so great to hear from you! I'd been thinking of you all lately.

Deb - Sounds like a wonderful trip to look forward to!

Phil's family is bringing us out to California for Christmas. The girls and I will head to DL on the 24th and 26th. It's going to be crowded for sure, but great fun all the same. We're planning for a WDW trip next Thanksgiving into December. If we do, Phil will come with us for a few days as well since Deva will be the same age Terra was when he went with her.

We're all the same and different around here. Terra is 11 1/2, getting so tall I'm not sure what happened and is really growing up lately. She's a great big sister and goes out of her way to help her sister learn new things, well except for when they're busy annoying each other. Deva, who turned 4 last week, is a a crazy, funny, smart, princess-loving, dress-wearing, girly girl and so much fun to be around. We're all still working on coming to terms with my working, but mostly because this past month has meant a lot of late nights. Luckily it often means a late start morning too so that helps. Rachel started college in mid-August and is loving it.

I've got to head to the doctor today. A diverticulitis attack started kicking in yesterday and while it seems to be mild the surgeon wants to see me today. I'm scheduled for surgery Nov 20, but I won't be surprised if he decides that I should bump it up to mid October.

A little throwback...

And today...

So nice to read about your life and see pictures, Tia. Thanks for taking the time to give us an update!!

Good morning, great pictures Tia, I hope your surgery goes well. Glad to hear you had a great time Elin, the weather here just got cooler yesterday, perfect weather for a Disney trip if you ask me.

I'm still working on my shoulder recovery, I do have most of my range of motion back, but it's definitely not pain free, but I know from past experience that it takes a while.

Our little man is doing great and growing like a weed, at his two week check up he had gained more than a pound and grown an inch. I'm going to try and stAy away a little bit more and give his mom and dad time alone with him, I have a bad habit of "hogging" the baby, I just can't help it.

Have a great day everyone

I haven't been here in a really long time...I'm not sure about the changes. I do think of all of you often!

Thanks for checking in here. Groundhog was STOOPID this year. I am done with winter! And we haven't even had much snow to speak of. I hope you all are dealing with our weird winter and these major changes to our beloved DIS. Makes it really hard to stay on here, doesn't it??

So I decided to come back to the DIS for the trip to see Abi next month....and I couldn't remember anything to get on. So I changed my user name. I wish that the DIS hadn't chenged our little home.:sad2:

I do miss when we used to chat on here. So much has changed since then, hasn't it? I hope that you have a great trip, Theresa!

It was fun and I also miss it. I wonder how I had time to chat so much though. The good ole days.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!