DDC XXXIV: The Original Home Of The DISDads!!!

This is something that is most likely almost no ones WDW on the starting agenda:confused3. We are landing in Tampa about 8:30 am , renting a car (for a couple hours) and heading to WDW, should be in the area around 10ish :scratchin think we are going to be heading to Dis Springs to go to the Photopass Studio to do the Fall Shots, many based around The Haunted Mansion:thumbsup2 I don't think there will be a huge crowd at DS at this time, and with me when it comes to anything WDW it's all about timing :hourglass:yay:.

Morning gents. Well, it is officially Weed Wednesday here in Canada. Cannabis was legalized nation wide at 12:01am last night. I'm not getting political or saying I agree or disagree with it. Just putting it out there as a point of interest. Whatever side of the fence you are on, it's a historic day and things are going to be different here on out.
Just for the record: I was NOT one of the people lined up in front of the shop when it opened at 12:01am.

No major effect from the weather bomb we had here yesterday. Lots of rain and high wind (max recorded at 104 km/hr), cancelled some flights at the airport, but no damage. All my Halloween decorations even stayed put on the house and lawn.

going to be heading to Dis Springs to go to the Photopass Studio to do the Fall Shots, many based around The Haunted Mansion:thumbsup2
I don't know that I've heard of this before. Is the Photopass Studio a year round thing?

Last edited:
Morning folks.
Another cool one... but it's supposed to climb up to 18c/65f tomorrow... for one day.
I'll believe it when I feel it.

Just for the record: I was NOT one of the people lined up in front of the shop when it opened at 12:01am.

But the guy that bought the first legal purchase over by you made the news over here. :laughing:

going to be heading to Dis Springs to go to the Photopass Studio to do the Fall Shots

I don't know that I've heard of this before. Is the Photopass Studio a year round thing?

Me too. Then again... I don't do PP, so...

Well, sure. That's too late at night. But where are you posting this from now?:rolleyes1

No major effect from the weather bomb we had here yesterday. Lots of rain and high wind (max recorded at 104 km/hr), cancelled some flights at the airport, but no damage. All my Halloween decorations even stayed put on the house and lawn.

Can we really call that a weather bomb? Sounds like it ended up more like a weather fart.

That shop is about 10 minutes drive from my house.

Very convenient! All they need is a drive-through option.

Guess what day it is? After 18 years of marriage, it's Wednesday. :lmao: :sad2:

It is 38 degrees here and 78 degrees in Amelia Island, our vacation spot a week ago. I should just start drinking now. Who is stupid enough to live here. :furious:

This is something that is most likely almost no ones WDW on the starting agenda:confused3. We are landing in Tampa about 8:30 am , renting a car (for a couple hours) and heading to WDW, should be in the area around 10ish :scratchin think we are going to be heading to Dis Springs to go to the Photopass Studio to do the Fall Shots, many based around The Haunted Mansion

Sounds fun, but not on my radar as I don't have fall pictures taken here.

Morning gents. Well, it is officially Weed Wednesday here in Canada. Cannabis was legalized nation wide at 12:01am last night. I'm not getting political or saying I agree or disagree with it. Just putting it out there as a point of interest. Whatever side of the fence you are on, it's a historic day and things are going to be different here on out.
?

Glad the storm missed you and congrats on legal weed. Feel free to share what you think about it. Personally, I don't care if it's legal or not. For people who already smoke it, no changes. For people who don't, then maybe they'll make it a one time purchase. The issue will be drug tests at work and if it is now allowed to be there or not. Can cannabis be any more unhealthy than alcohol?

On the political side, KY went thru this with the lottery. Despite being one of the top tobacco and bourbon producers, the holy rollers came out against the lottery. So, KY was the last state to have the lottery, so all that revenue went to neighboring states. So, KY will do the same thing here. Since it makes a lot of sense to tax it and use the new revenue to get out of the deficits/ debt from all the uncontrolled spending at all levels of government, then it won't happen.

Last edited:

Yeah, he was all over the news and radio this morning here. I suppose it will be on the national news too.
That shop is about 10 minutes drive from my house.
I was well asleep when he was making his purchase.

As was I. Total non-event as far as I'm concerned.

Well, sure. That's too late at night. But where are you posting this from now?:rolleyes1

:laughing:

oooooh!!

Personally, I don't care if it's legal or not.

Pretty much how I feel too.

I am blessed to have a great team here at work. Most have been with me for a long time in one role or another and are not only very skilled at what they do but are a great group of people. Main reason for staying at the place I'm at are the folks. Well, my leadership team decided to make sure that I had a "magical bosses day", knowing my enjoyment of Disney, by dressing up as Disney Princesses, guys included - thought you guys would get a kick out of this. The guy in the Leia garb looks like the stunt double from Space Balls.

View attachment 358848
Looks like you found a great place to work congrats.

:rotfl:

:thumbsup2Congrats. My DW and I celebrated 12yrs yesterday. Yes I understand the irony of getting married on bosses day.

Morning Guys.

A bit of a cloudy day here but maybe that cloud is just all the pot smoke.

A can't believe the amount of people who have been losing their minds over this. If you listen to them you would expect to see people smoking pot on every corner. It doesn't bother me that it's legal, just another source of revenue for the government and lord knows this province could use all the money it can get right now. I've never used it but I'm not going to judge anyone that does it legally.

Just came across this piece from This Hour has 22 Minutes (satirical news show) about our still up in the air provincial election.

Some of you may recall this election was held on September 24th and we still don't have a real good idea as to what is going to happen when the House sits next week.

'Morning all...
Aaaaaand that's all I got for now.

This is something that is most likely almost no ones WDW on the starting agenda:confused3. We are landing in Tampa about 8:30 am , renting a car (for a couple hours) and heading to WDW, should be in the area around 10ish :scratchin think we are going to be heading to Dis Springs to go to the Photopass Studio to do the Fall Shots, many based around The Haunted Mansion:thumbsup2 I don't think there will be a huge crowd at DS at this time, and with me when it comes to anything WDW it's all about timing :hourglass:yay:.
Interesting...
Didn't know they had such. Doubt I'll partake of the option though.
The main issue wold be that if I stopped to have pictures made...
then there'd be pictures with me in them (and no one wants that).

A state of euphoria, per chance?

Personally, I don't care if it's legal or not.
Same page.
Never bought the stuff before, wouldn't be buying it now...
But all the rest of y'all just help yourselves.

Surely you have drive thru liquor stores. He have them - for the alcoholic who's on the go.
Well of course.
Selective judgemental-ism is an art, and we're masters of the craft down here.

Maybe Amazon will use drones to deliver cannabis? Billion $ idea right there.
Pretty sure they've already got the plans and infrastructure in place.

My DW and I celebrated 12yrs yesterday. Yes I understand the irony of getting married on bosses day.
Well, congrats gents.

but would it qualify as ironic, or just a simple illustration of fact?

LOL, just found this on Facebook; apparently were good in the east Jeff, @Terra Nova guy

44193212_10161013871080652_2427932840491483136_n.jpg

Some of you may recall this election was held on September 24th and we still don't have a real good idea as to what is going to happen when the House sits next week.
I'll have to watch the YouTube clip once I get home (stupid work WiFi...won't allow Facebook or YouTube...it's like they actually expect us to be productive or something)
I had sort of forgotten about your provincial government dilemma, I hadn't realized it was still ongoing. Last I remember seeing on the news was your former/current/still Premier saying he was just going to form the government anyway.

LOL, just found this on Facebook; apparently were good in the east Jeff, @Terra Nova guy
Hmmm...no wonder I didn't smell anything this morning....:-)

I'll have to watch the YouTube clip once I get home (stupid work WiFi...won't allow Facebook or YouTube...it's like they actually expect us to be productive or something)
I had sort of forgotten about your provincial government dilemma, I hadn't realized it was still ongoing. Last I remember seeing on the news was your former/current/still Premier saying he was just going to form the government anyway.

Hmmm...no wonder I didn't smell anything this morning....:-)

The seat count after the election was PC 22, Liberal 21, People's Alliance 3, Green Party 3. Under Parliamentary rule The Liberals, being the governing party before the election, are given the first opportunity to govern since no one party has the majority of the seats. The problem is there needs to be a speaker of the house elected and all the party leaders said they wouldn't allow any of their members to do it. Both of the main parties also need the support of two other parties in order to govern. There has been a lot of jockeying going on getting ready for the Liberal Throne Speech that is suppose to happen next Tuesday but if they can't elect a speaker first, nothing can happen.

Top O the Mornin Dads! Budget / 3 year planning cycle time of year so ain't got much interesting to share - have a good one.
Looks like you found a great place to work congrats.
Not so sure about the place more recently but the team keeps it bearable.

44193212_10161013871080652_2427932840491483136_n.jpg
:rotfl2::rotfl2:

I am the Chris Farley photo. I need more like the Patrick Swayze photo.
Just realize you never get to complain ever again.
Never? Ever? About the weather or anything?
I still reserve the right to complain profusely about how horrible Disney IT systems are. Mostly because they suck, but maybe some other minor reasons. :laughing:

Well, he had the money. Air force pension, private sector, and social security. It was his mom's farmland hr inherited. So, it was just having 25 acres his tractor around. He tried beans, corn, and cattle (not at the same time). Lots of stories about him falling asleep in his truck and running into mailboxes as drove home. I'd rather walk around WDW all day, but everyone does their thing.
I grew up on a 180 acre farm. Even when the person knows what they're doing like my dad, the falling asleep is an always present risk. It's a tough life and not for everyone. I miss it to an extent and I still get up earlier than everyone else, but at least I can go to bed before midnight now.

We'll be there the week before 10/18-10/23. But we're avoiding the Parks on Thanksgiving Day. Breakfast at Whispering Canyon Cafe, Thanksgiving meal at Olivia's, then watching football the rest of the day. A man has to have priorities, you know!
Wait! What? Is thanksgiving in October now? I'll be starting new job on 10/22, so might be able to pop over and see you before you head out.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter