DDC XXXIV: The Original Home Of The DISDads!!!

Morning boys from a quiet London, as the kids are back at school. Congrats to @Captain_Oblivious and his pesky Eagles. When Pedersen called the TO I knew Cody was gonna miss. I'm guessing he is not in Chicago this morning. Or maybe at the river. Or maybe in it. With a new pair of concrete boots.

I don't know if you saw the report, but apparently an Eagles lineman got a hand (or a finger) on the kick to deflect it a bit. So I think the kicker deserves to be cut some slack.

Morning boys.
been a busy few hours... Worked until 10:30 last night and drove home through the snow. Made it home about 11:10pm and then shoveled for the next 40 minutes. Got to bed and fell asleep around 12:45am.
You know how when you have to get up early, you start wondering what time it is?
Woke up at 2:30, 3:30 and 4:20 before the alarm went off at 4:30. Went out and shoveled for 40 minutes then got ready for work. DD21 decided to go to the gym and got stuck on the street so had to go shovel her out and rescue her. I wound up driving her car back up the street and back onto the driveway. She stayed home. Now I'm at work. Which is good... I can use the rest. :laughing:

Geez. How are you still alive?

Ah! I hadn't heard the final. Last I saw, they were down 6-3 I believe in the 3rd. Congrats Mark.

Thanks! I worked hard for this victory.

Back in the office for 2 days and then off to the World!!!

Now there's a quality work week!

Kickers get a bad rap, miss one kick and everyone wants to string them up. Good thing they don't hold other players to that standard.

True. Do their job exceedingly well, and nobody notices. One screw-up, and they're roasted over the coals. Sort of like your average DOT. :rolleyes1

Agreed. It's a bit like Goalkeepers in football. Also, if they hadn't gone for the 2 pointer, it would have been OT, but no-one's talking about that.

True. You can always point to a handful of plays to take back.

If they would have kicked the extra point to get to 16, Philly would have just kicked the extra point on their last TD instead of going for 2 and would have won 17-16. Unless of course their kicker would have hit an upright.

Also a good point.

I watched some of the football over the weekend. Just when Dan and Mike convince me to cheer for the Bears, this is what happens.
Since Mark convinced me to cheer for the Eagles last year, I guess I will flip back to them now. Does that mean I am an Eagles fan? :eek:

:welcome: aboard! Plenty of room on the bandwagon. They may get destroyed in New Orleans, though.

I think we are going to lose Fangio though, and thats a shame.

I was scared to death the Eagles would lose Jim Schwartz after last year. Good defensive coordinators are hard to find. One thing you have going for you is that most teams seem to be hiring offensive-minded guys lately.

One thing to remember about the bears kicker is that he scored 3 field goals before the missed kick. My question is what was the rest of the team doing.

You could point to the Bears' inability to finish scoring drives in the end zone, or their defense giving up a 60-yard TD drive late in the game. Coach let the clock run instead of calling timeout with 1:50 to go. Win as a team, lose as a team.

I thought we were soft in the secondary, Mitch had an awful 1st half and could have been picked about 3 times, and we gave up some horrendous penalty yards and momentum. Fair play to the Eagles as well, they ground out a win when Foles wasn't on fire.

Sounds right. It was a tough, hard-fought game. Tough defense on both sides.

So, I downloaded Chrome to my phone and had no trouble logging in. I guess you’all be hearing from me.

Son of a...

I mean, great! Have fun!:wave2:

Lots of Monday morning quarterbacking going on. I think the problem was they just didn't win.

i hear ya. I'm jus' hoping that baby comes out Ginger, otherwise its a one way ticket to the Tower of London for me. ;)

Just you? I guess Markle gets a pass since it's a kinder, gentler majesty's government?

Get a groundhog day thing goin?

Like deja vu all over again? Who's on first?

Since Mark convinced me to cheer for the Eagles last year, I guess I will flip back to them now. Does that mean I am an Eagles fan?

Qualifications for being a Philly fan:
(1) You were born in Philly.
(2) You currently live in Philly.
(3) You work in or around Philly.
(4) You are a miserable person.

Of course, the first three often make you the fourth. Didn't Veteran's Stadium in Philly have a courtroom and jail cell built inside of it for those high quality fans?

I messed up. I shoveled for the work out... but forgot to stay home.

See, you forgot my system. A helpful reminder is less work and more alcohol. That works everytime.

So, I downloaded Chrome to my phone and had no trouble logging in. I guess you’all be hearing from me.

Well, my Chrome doesn't have a voice option, so I'll just have to keep reading your posts.

Last edited:
54bd6390e1ef5e598053a870a4e4f914.png

Another reason my employer sucks. I have the "free" health care coverage, with a $7000 deductible. But, I get a $1000 HSA. I found out this AM that the HSA won't be funded until some time in January. My response was that we aren't covered then for a full year of health insurance? No response yet from HR. :furious:

But if I do more alcohol, I forget the rest of the system!

Well, at least your half way there.

Another reason my employer sucks. I have the "free" health care coverage, with a $7000 deductible. But, I get a $1000 HSA. I found out this AM that the HSA won't be funded until some time in January. My response was that we aren't covered then for a full year of health insurance? No response yet from HR. :furious:

Wait! How would that be a full year? You're thinking January of 2020?
Some time in January (2019) would be sometime in the next 23 days.

What about my half way there?

$7000 deductible!! Holy crap!

Holy crap!

And... too tired to think of anything else to say.

Yikes. Hope you get a decent answer.

Stupid storm!

I was scheduled to fly to Montreal at 5:10 am tomorrow and connect to Orlando for DDCC. At 11 this morning the flight to Montreal was cancelled. The good news is that I was able to reschedule the flight to leave at Noon for Toronto and then on to Orlando later in the afternoon. I will miss out on Boma but hopefully there will be not more weather issues.

Stupid storm!

I was scheduled to fly to Montreal at 5:10 am tomorrow and connect to Orlando for DDCC. At 11 this morning the flight to Montreal was cancelled. The good news is that I was able to reschedule the flight to leave at Noon for Toronto and then on to Orlando later in the afternoon. I will miss out on Boma but hopefully there will be not more weather issues.
Good luck buddy, safe travels

Hopefully the weather cooperates and your goes on time.

AC canceled our 5;10 flight on Jan 29, rebooked out of Saint John at 5;10 but arrive in Orlando a half hour earlier :cool1:

Enjoy your trip...……...bring back some nice weather with you

Got some Great news from my Doctor today. He told me everything was going well with my cancer treatments and things are looking good.I don't have to do any more for awhile.:cool1::dancer::drinking1:drinking1:drinking1:drinking1 Get revaluated in 6 months.

Now just 20 day, 9hrs and 40 min and we are on our way home.

Excellent news!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts