DDC XXXIV: The Original Home Of The DISDads!!!

Morning chaps from a sunny London. We have a visitor all the way from Omaha in the house today.

Well, hello there gorgeous.

Top O the Mornin Dads! Why when I’m off work can’t I sleep in a bit? Must be to get here and wish you all a good one.

Yeah, me too. Got a text that woke me, then DW woke me the rest of the way by wanting to know who was texting me. Then she fell back asleep and here I am.

Morning Dads. And good Good Friday to you all. Nice to have a holiday today. Work/life balance has been tipping the wrong way this week.

DW has also been down with the flu all week. It hit her pretty hard this time, literally been in bed since Tuesday. So I've been Mr. Mom all week too. Consequently, we have no plans for Easter weekend. We normally drive out to my in-laws (about 1.5 hours away) but DW is in no shape for that. Might be pizza and beer for Easter Sunday dinner this year.

Oldest DD finished her final exams Wednesday to cap off her first year of university. Her part time summer job at the ice cream place starts today, so that's good timing. It also means I am back to having an occasional free Dole Whip (at least I hope they have it again this year).

Youngest DD is moping about the house today since most of her friends are away visiting grandparents, another is one a cruise. Might take her out to see Dumbo, although neither of us is overly enthusiastic about that. I haven't been hearing much buzz about it. Did anyone see it?

giphy.gif

::yes::

The photo of Napoleon's army that I got from Google said something about them retreating. :laughing:

Gearing up vs retreating? How could one tell with the French army?

Here she is. Isn't she lovely? She didn't even mind when I rubbed her all over.
View attachment 395357

Dinner is at 3 on Sunday, so there's plenty of time to get over here. Jus' sayin.
Have a splendid day fellas

I'm happy to take her out to dinner. I'll bring her home the next day, and she won't look or smell the same ever again.

DW has also been down with the flu all week.

sorry to hear that. Hope she's on the mend soon.

Might be pizza and beer for Easter Sunday dinner this year.

So... the perfect Sunday meal.

Might take her out to see Dumbo, although neither of us is overly enthusiastic about that. I haven't been hearing much buzz about it. Did anyone see it?

I haven't but the DDs did, and... they were very much less than impressed. No Timothy Mouse.

Gearing up vs retreating? How could one tell with the French army?

I believe it is implied that if they gear up, it is for the purpose of retreating?

Top O the Mornin Dads! Why when I’m off work can’t I sleep in a bit? Must be to get here and wish you all a good one.
Me too mate. I was up at 0530.
I'm happy to take her out to dinner. I'll bring her home the next day, and she won't look or smell the same ever again.
Will I ever see her again?
So now that you've rubbed her when do you add the spice?
Once I’ve warmed her up a bit.

Been all over the place today visiting, now in until Tuesday morning. Settled down with a glass of Norm’s ancestors finest. Have a nice evening chaps.

Morning Dads. And good Good Friday to you all. Nice to have a holiday today. Work/life balance has been tipping the wrong way this week.

DW has also been down with the flu all week. It hit her pretty hard this time, literally been in bed since Tuesday. So I've been Mr. Mom all week too. Consequently, we have no plans for Easter weekend. We normally drive out to my in-laws (about 1.5 hours away) but DW is in no shape for that. Might be pizza and beer for Easter Sunday dinner this year.

Oldest DD finished her final exams Wednesday to cap off her first year of university. Her part time summer job at the ice cream place starts today, so that's good timing. It also means I am back to having an occasional free Dole Whip (at least I hope they have it again this year).

Youngest DD is moping about the house today since most of her friends are away visiting grandparents, another is one a cruise. Might take her out to see Dumbo, although neither of us is overly enthusiastic about that. I haven't been hearing much buzz about it. Did anyone see it?

Hope your DW is feeling better soon. Maybe you could cook the ham for Sunday??

Not feeling Dumbo either, maybe on TV.

Heading in to work shortly. It's gonna be a long day.

I believe it is implied that if they gear up, it is for the purpose of retreating?

Pirates? We must fight to run away?

Been all over the place today visiting, now in until Tuesday morning. Settled down with a glass of Norm’s ancestors finest. Have a nice evening chaps.

Basil Hayden bourbon. Enjoy.

Happy Easter gentlemen!

Just finished supper at my parents. Turkey dinner. Good enough but I like the look of Dan’s beef on FB.

DW is feeling a little better, at least out of bed today. Was a pretty bad flu she caught. Oldest DD is feeling under the weather now though. At least her final exams are done.

Evening Gents, hope everyone has had a great Easter.

Been a wet weekend here and that has really caused problems with flooding. It doesn't seem as bad as last year yet but still pretty bad, especially for those whose homes are affected. I took a bit of a stroll around the downtown waterfront area today and took some photos. You can have a look here if you want.

https://flic.kr/s/aHskQE2GqM

We all have another day off tomorrow so looking forward to capping off a 4 day weekend.

Been a wet weekend here and that has really caused problems with flooding. It doesn't seem as bad as last year yet but still pretty bad, especially for those whose homes are affected. I took a bit of a stroll around the downtown waterfront area today and took some photos. You can have a look here if you want.

We all have another day off tomorrow so looking forward to capping off a 4 day weekend.
Took a look.
Looks a bit... wet.

Evening everyone from a wet Westfield NB. Hope everyone had a good Easter.

Had a look at your pics.

The weather is not cooperating here either, water has risen about 1 meter in the last few days, and won't peak here until Wed or Thurs.

Last edited:
Morning chaps from a sunny London. The UK has another day off today, so not much on. Jambalaya on the fire pit later, today is the last day of bad eating, back on the straight and narrow from tomorrow. Our kids got a ton of eggs from the family, so it’s gonna be a bit tough.
No. Cliff doesn't stop by all too often with his 3 jobs, and I don't have his #.
I know he’s always busy, it just seems ages since he’s been on.

Good enough but I like the look of Dan’s beef on FB.
It was good. Leftovers today with pickles.
You can have a look here if you want.
That’s proper soggy. All the best over there mate.

Have a good day chaps.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter