DDC XXXIV: The Original Home Of The DISDads!!!

Top O the Mornin Dads! Hope everyone enjoyed Easter weekend. Ham on the grill / smoked turned out great, everyone really enjoyed it. Back to a full work week after a couple of only 3 day weeks. Roof (shingles & some gutters) finally getting replaced this week due to storm damage - took 6 weeks from day I reported to insurance company - what a crock. Have a good week gents
Been a wet weekend here and that has really caused problems with flooding. It doesn't seem as bad as last year yet but still pretty bad, especially for those whose homes are affected. I took a bit of a stroll around the downtown waterfront area today and took some photos. You can have a look here if you want.
The weather is not cooperating here either, water has risen about 1 meter in the last few days, and won't peak here until Wed or Thurs.
Again, stay safe and thoughts are with those directly impacted.
Morning gents. Last stupid early day until I fly out to Disney next week.
Still have 3 early days... but not stupid early.
Headed to DaWorld should make the other stuff easier to deal with this week. Any special plans for this trip?

The American filters block out pictures of Dan's beef. But hey, not that there is anything wrong with that.
You need to have the wide screen setting to see Dan's beef on FB.
One of these would be useful as well. It always me feel better, anyways.......
5635-1.jpg

Hello gents, looks like I missed a few pages. I'm sure there was lots of intellectual discussion that is far over my head, so I haven't scrolled through to check. I hope all is well.

Besides work being busy, I had a full weekend with dance competition #2 of 3.This is the one I had agreed to attend instead of just dropping DW and DD11 off to it. Mind you, I only went for a few hours at a time, long enough to catch DDs dances and awards ceremony. She (and the others in her groups - she doesn't do solo dances) got 1 gold, 2 diamond, and 1 platinum award. She was happy with it. It's a long weekend, but I always remind myself there are worse things she could be doing.

I did take the opportunity to get my alien swirling saucer off the couch and do a hike after I dropped them at dance Saturday morning. Those on FB have already seen, but I wanted to share with the others.

I walked the Signal Hill Trail in St. John's, Newfoundland. It's not a long trail, but it starts and ends with a sizeable cliff. You'll see from the pictures that it wasn't particularly warm, but there is a rugged beauty to this part of the world.

Below picture is at the top of the trail. The farthest point of land in the distance is Cape Spear, the Easternmost point of land in North America.

View attachment 394948

It's hard to make out, but you can just see the staircase going up the cliff in the top right of the below picture.

View attachment 394950

View attachment 394951

Pay attention to the red chair. It's the one I'm sitting in for my selfie to prove I did this.

View attachment 394952

View attachment 394953

Fort Amherst (WWII artillery). The water between is called "The Narrows", the entrance to the city's harbour.

View attachment 394954

View attachment 394955

The climb back up...not for the faint of heart or sadly out of shape. I managed, although my legs are still a bit sore. I'm standing on stairs, but they are basically straight up.

View attachment 394956

And lastly, for those intellectuals in the room, your history lesson for today.

View attachment 394958
Finally at a real computer and I remember thinking I wanted to multiquote, but now I forget what I was going to ask/or say.

So, great pictures Jeff.

Oh, I remember one of the things...
Why are you wearing a hat(tuque)? I thought it should easily be short and t-shirt weather for Canadians now.

Thats great, congratulations to her!

Congrats to her on the degree. Enjoy the trip :thumbsup2

That's awesome mate, many congrats to the young 'un. Are you gonna do the mortar board Mickey ears thing?

Thanks, guys. :)

Congrats to your DD! Does she have a second planned?

Yes, she starts her Education degree in the fall.

Why are you wearing a hat(tuque)? I thought it should easily be short and t-shirt weather for Canadians now.

You know that Jeff is a bit feeble, right?

Morning all,

another wet day here but they say the water level has peaked. Now it is making it's way down river and those areas will be be dealing with it. It peaked just below last year's level and has started to slowly recede. That is better than last year when it stayed at that high level for close to two weeks.

Have a good one all.

Morning from a wet Westfield NB. Water has risen about 4 ft in the last few days and won't peak for a couple of more days. I'll post a couple of pictures tonight when I get home

GOOD MORNING DISDADS!

I'm all packed and ready to fly down to Florida this afternoon, to catch a slow boat to Canada tomorrow. Even though this isn't a DisDad cruise I am planning to meet up with Jim and Paul in Boston and Darcy and maybe Rob in Halifax. This is a 10 day cruise so I will be offline from Wednesday afternoon until Saturday, so you know the drill, if anyone new shows up let them know it will be awhile before I can get them a number.

Have a good one guys. See you when I see you...

GOOD MORNING DISDADS!

I'm all packed and ready to fly down to Florida this afternoon, to catch a slow boat to Canada tomorrow. Even though this isn't a DisDad cruise I am planning to meet up with Jim and Paul in Boston and Darcy and maybe Rob in Halifax. This is a 10 day cruise so I will be offline from Wednesday afternoon until Saturday, so you know the drill, if anyone new shows up let them know it will be awhile before I can get them a number.

Have a great time Chief, Happy Cruising....

Morning all,

another wet day here but they say the water level has peaked. Now it is making it's way down river and those areas will be be dealing with it. It peaked just below last year's level and has started to slowly recede. That is better than last year when it stayed at that high level for close to two weeks.

Have a good one all.

Glad it's not as bad as last year. That's good.

GOOD MORNING DISDADS!

Enjoy!

GOOD MORNING DISDADS!

Looking forward to meeting up with you and Jodi.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!