DDC XXXIV: The Original Home Of The DISDads!!!

son of a gun!

I could've used another word there, so be glad.
I was thinking along same lines, but you beat me.

I was going to say people always call me son of a....so, we must be had similar thinking parents.

Top O the Mornin Dads and happy Friday Eve! Work continues to be beverly upped with the additional tariff situation. Sorry folks but everybody is going to be increasing prices and companies can only absorb so much so get ready for those Disney toys, t-shirts, hats, etc to climb.
Thanks for the insights on Shanghai Dan, Darcy hope the walking ain't too bad and the rest of yas just have a good day!

Exactly. When tarriffs go up, lots of things can happen, but one thing most definitely happens...the consumer pays more.

It's been so wet and rainy, I haven't cut the grass in awhile. I had to empty the bag twice. I should just pay for a service, but I refuse.

Evening gents. Work is a train wreck right now so been going 100 mph / 160.934 kph. Seems like everything is normal around here except for the international guy being in China. Cheers boys!

Well, international guy is still international, so that would be normal? Dan is the real Mr. Worldwide.

So not going back to read what I missed.
So... someone tell me what I missed?

All our nuggets of wisdom.

I must admit to preferring the ice cream bars over sandwiches

For that, your passport has revoked.

Top O the Mornin Dads and happy Friday Eve! Work continues to be beverly upped with the additional tariff situation. Sorry folks but everybody is going to be increasing prices and companies can only absorb so much so get ready for those Disney toys, t-shirts, hats, etc to climb.

Well, that's ok as trickle down economics works, so as they charge more to maintain profits, they will pass those on as salary increases to employees. By not hoarding excessive amounts of money at the top, employees use that money to make purchases, which grows the economy. ---- I just went to fantasyland.

Broke down, told the kids about the trip tonight. Youngest broke down crying and ran to hug me, just like her mom did when I surprised her with our honeymoon trip back in the day. Eldest acted incredulous, but I think she suspected we had a trip coming. Overall, a good night and looking forward to the weeks of excitement ahead.

TL

Broke down, told the kids about the trip tonight. Youngest broke down crying and ran to hug me, just like her mom did when I surprised her with our honeymoon trip back in the day. Eldest acted incredulous, but I think she suspected we had a trip coming. Overall, a good night and looking forward to the weeks of excitement ahead.

TL
Nice move!

TL

When are you all going?

TL
Hopefully incredulous in a I can't believe we're going to Disney and not I can't believe you're taking me away from my friends way.
:woohoo:

I'm sure Randall will be along with his really good job gif, but good job!

Where is this?
Dan got a cheeky business trip to China. He managed 3 hours in Shanghai Disney. That's 3 hours more than I will likely get. He got to do a couple of the more impressive rides (Pirates, Tron)

It's been so wet and rainy, I haven't cut the grass in awhile.
It's been so cold and miserable up here, we have no grass. There's a little green poking up through the yellow winter kill, but nowhere close to needing a mover yet. I suppose that's the one small benefit of a cold spring.

Anyone have a long weekend, this weekend? It’s up here, but I’m working through it.
Yes, looking forward to the Victoria Day weekend...or May 2-4, whichever you like to call it.
I believe our American neighbours have next weekend off for Memorial Day.

TL

Good Job, Really Good Job!

Have you told your brother?

TL

Awesome! Have a great trip.

Yes, looking forward to the Victoria Day weekend...or May 2-4, whichever you like to call it.
I believe our American neighbours have next weekend off for Memorial Day.

Volleyball Provincials for us tomorrow and Sunday, looking forward to it. This will be the end of high school sports for Declan but I have committed to another year of helping out. This weekend is a 4 team round-robin with the top two playing in the final Sunday around 5, if our boys play like they did last weekend we should be in that final.

Just want to give a shout out to one of my brothers. He is a high school teacher that moonlights as a basketball coach with the pro team in Moncton NB. He is an assistant coach with the Moncton Magic of the National Basketball League of Canada and last night they completed a 4 game sweep of the St. John's Edge to win the championship (Sorry Jeff).

website-may17.jpg

Last edited:
Dan got a cheeky business trip to China. He managed 3 hours in Shanghai Disney. That's 3 hours more than I will likely get. He got to do a couple of the more impressive rides (Pirates, Tron)

Nice!

Either or.

Just want to give a shout out to one of my brothers. He is a high school teacher that moonlights as a basketball coach with the pro team in Moncton NB. He is an assistant coach with the Moncton Magic of the National Basketball League of Canada and last night the completed a 4 game sweep of the St. John's Edge to win the championship (Sorry Jeff).
Congrats to the Moncton Magic
I don’t really follow basketball and never did go to an Edge game. But it was nice to see them get to the finals in only their second season.

Good Friday morning to all y'all. First time Disney Cruise coming up in about a month. Very excited! We're booked on the Disney Dream, and I'm particularly all giddy about the Cabanas buffet. From a DISDads point-of-view...is the food really that good?

Good Friday morning to all y'all. First time Disney Cruise coming up in about a month. Very excited! We're booked on the Disney Dream, and I'm particularly all giddy about the Cabanas buffet. From a DISDads point-of-view...is the food really that good?

We've cruised with Disney, Carnival and NCL, the buffet on the Disney Dream was the best by far. Enjoy the cruise!

I’ve never been on a cruise so I can’t give any advice.
But they seem great, so have fun!

Top O the Mornin Dads! TGIF ehh?! Outdoor spring cleaning for me tomorrow, furniture & grill along with some tree pruning. Don;t mind as I like being outside doing that stuff. HAve a good weekend gents!
Nice! Enjoy these times :thumbsup2
Volleyball Provincials for us tomorrow and Sunday, looking forward to it. This will be the end of high school sports for Declan but I have committed to another year of helping out. This weekend is a 4 team round-robin with the top two playing in the final Sunday around 5, if our boys play like they did last weekend we should be in that final.
Have a great weekend Darcy & enjoy the last hurah! Best of luck to the team, we will be pulling for them from Nashville.
Yes the buffet is really good especially on day 1 for lunch - crab claws and peel and eat shrimp :thumbsup2

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!