DDC XXXIV: The Original Home Of The DISDads!!!

Morning all. 4 days out before HS tennis regionals, and youngest fell on her wrist. No fracture, just a bad sprain. And, to make it worse, she got a bad draw and would face the overall #1 player in the 2nd round. A terrible way to end the season.

Morning, gents.

Anyone have a long weekend, this weekend? It’s up here, but I’m working through it.

Been a long decade, but I'm working thru it.

It's been so cold and miserable up here, we have no grass. There's a little green poking up through the yellow winter kill, but nowhere close to needing a mover yet. I suppose that's the one small benefit of a cold spring.

Not sure it qualifies as grass. Maybe weeds. But, the dandelions and clover are in bloom. :sad2:

Good Friday morning to all y'all. First time Disney Cruise coming up in about a month. Very excited! We're booked on the Disney Dream, and I'm particularly all giddy about the Cabanas buffet. From a DISDads point-of-view...is the food really that good?

A guy at work goes on cruises frequently, and says Disney has the best food of the different lines they have been on. Have a good trip.

Morning all. 4 days out before HS tennis regionals, and youngest fell on her wrist. No fracture, just a bad sprain. And, to make it worse, she got a bad draw and would face the overall #1 player in the 2nd round. A terrible way to end the season.
Saw the pic on the other place. Sorry to hear and agree, lousy way to end the season.

Hope it heals enough to allow her to upset the top seed.

A guy at work goes on cruises frequently, and says Disney has the best food of the different lines they have been on. Have a good trip.

We've found the MDR food to be very similar with DCL and Carnival but the buffet with DCL is fantastic.

Broke down, told the kids about the trip tonight. Youngest broke down crying and ran to hug me, just like her mom did when I surprised her with our honeymoon trip back in the day. Eldest acted incredulous, but I think she suspected we had a trip coming. Overall, a good night and looking forward to the weeks of excitement ahead.

Glad you were able to pull it off! The anticipation is half the fun.

Just want to give a shout out to one of my brothers. He is a high school teacher that moonlights as a basketball coach with the pro team in Moncton NB. He is an assistant coach with the Moncton Magic of the National Basketball League of Canada and last night they completed a 4 game sweep of the St. John's Edge to win the championship (Sorry Jeff).

Congrats to your brother!

From a DISDads point-of-view...is the food really that good?

I certainly enjoyed it, although my cruise was years ago. Seems to be unanimous here, though.

Dang. Hope she is ok and can heal quickly. If she needs a cast, I recommend this one:

Infinity Gauntlet cast

Howdy folks, this Dad reporting live from Downtown Brooklyn today...

47 days until IronWifey’s B day at the Poly. I’m excited and terrified. Mostly terrified by the prospect of being at WDW for the 4th of July, as every former cast member and Central FL resident can tell you is a BIG no no... But we give the princess what she wants... that’s what ya do.

Saw the new MaiTai glass design... I am not on board. Transparency/translucency has always insured need for a refill can be seen at a distance =) I’ve always preferred the Tambu-Lounge “angry” ones anyway.

Sounds like an elaborate plot to kill a giant...

Been a long decade, but I'm working thru it.

<slow clap>

Sorry to hear that

please add me to the list........

:welcome: WELCOME TO THE DISDAD'S CLUB, Texowl2! :welcome:

You have been added to The Official DISDad Members List on Page 1, Posts 8 & 9!:thumbsup2

Your Official Member Number is #858!

To see where else you can find the DISDads on the internet, please check out Post 3 on Page One!

If you would like anything added to Page One about yourself, please send me a PM. FYI, I do not add anything to page one about you without your permission.​

Saw the pic on the other place. Sorry to hear and agree, lousy way to end the season.

Thanks. She'll have another 3 years at it.

Hope it heals enough to allow her to upset the top seed.
c.

Not looking like she could even play in the first round today. She's hurting.

Dang. Hope she is ok and can heal quickly. If she needs a cast, I recommend this one:

Infinity Gauntlet cast

That is a good cast.

Sorry to hear that

Thanks.

47 days until IronWifey’s B day at the Poly. I’m excited and terrified. Mostly terrified by the prospect of being at WDW for the 4th of July, as every former cast member and Central FL resident can tell you is a BIG no no... But we give the princess what she wants... that’s what ya do.

Sounds like an elaborate plot to kill a giant...

We are hoping for a July 4 trip next year, but a seat at TOTWL or Cali Grill may be better than inside the MK.

As for the other, it would make for a great story. Highly unlikely though.

please add me to the list........

:wave: Welcome. Any trips planned? We have to live vicariously thru others.

Crap, you guys are still at work. :scared1: Ok, I'm calling it. Work Week Over. Last one in the Pineapple Under the Sea has to talk to Patrick...
I completely failed at my assigned calling duties. I’m glad you picked up the slack Randall or else the guys may have been stuck at work all night. I’ll have to try better next Friday. It slipped my mind yesterday because I may have snuck away from work at 2:30 before a long weekend and got the barbecue and drinks going before 5:00.

Morning boys.
Another cold one this morning at 3C/37F. It is May, isn't it?
Hopefully, when I wake up later (got another 45 or so left on the shift) it'll be a bit warmer.
(Although the high is only 12C/53F)

Have a good Saturday, folks!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter