DDC XXXIV: The Original Home Of The DISDads!!!

all I remember is a couple of cuss words and how to say I don't speak French.
That's really all you need.
I fart in your general direction.
Your mother was a hamster.
Ni!
I see you too are bilingual.
I took HS french, which comes in handy with the large Mexican farming/ Spanish speaking community we have in KY. :sad2:
Interesting. I didn't know they were that well educated in the language arts.

:rolleyes1

Rookie mistake! I would've thought you'd know better by now.
Well, normally I avoid it like the plague it is. I didn't have my headset with me because I never figured they'd WANT to go on it. Still kicking myself.

I'm wondering if we all did that? Or did someone cheat? ;)
Neither. I didn't take French, took Spanish. Looked at it and thought too much effort to try to translate all of that, so I just let y'all have your fun without me.

I caught none of it, but it was something about food I think. My highschool french was 20+ years ago, all I remember is a couple of cuss words and how to say I don't speak French.
I know a lot in several languages, but not French.

I'd promote you if Disney would listen.
If I thought Disney would listen, I'd take a DEMOTION.

I took HS french, which comes in handy with the large Mexican farming/ Spanish speaking community we have in KY. :sad2:

My sister and I grew up in Maine. She took Spanish in school, which is super useful in western Massachusetts. I took French, which is incredibly handy in urban California.

...I'm sorry, I can't find my sarcasm tags, so let's take them as read, okay?

I'm wondering if we all did that? Or did someone cheat?
Moi? O ye of little faith.....

Due to the archaic rules of infliction of punishment that is the British education system, I was forced to take French from 6-17. I also took a year at Advanced level, but that was more to do with fancying the alien swirling saucer off a girl that was in the class. I dropped the A level and stuck with my other 3. And went out with the aforementioned girl for 3 years. Mission accomplished.

I fully admit my phrasing sucks in French (as the only time I ever use it is in Disney Paris) and I am always checking the gender of nouns.

Last edited:
Morning brethren.

Now that all aspersions on my character have been set aside, London calling. Just hanging around the house I have a meeting at 9 about 20 mins from my house. I've managed to get LEGO to stump up some cash to put a mezzanine play room in a facility for kids with Special needs, so I'm taking the contractors round. The bloke who runs it is incredible.

If I thought Disney would listen, I'd take a DEMOTION.
Would you work for them Doc? Or do you think it would ruin the magic? Loads of people from my lot and Disney interchange as the companies are so similar, but I'm not sure I would go over. I've heard they are pretty ruthless. I work with the imagineers (which is where I would end up) on our shops in the parks, and they all seem pretty flustered and not particularly happy.
8:20pm. Still 100 degrees. Good thing that cold front came thru
Oof. That's warm. Stay hydrated.
I think you speak for many of us.
Ironically I'm not being sarcastic on this point.
Last year, I was able get half the Premier League matches, and the other half were restricted. So far, I only watched the Liverpool V Norwich match with all others locked. I hope this changes soon, otherwise, I'll have to cancel my subscription.
Thats a bit harsh. The thing I notice out there is that you carry the Saturday 3 O'clock games, which is the traditional time for football over here. Because we don't have markets like you guys, there is NO football shown at 3-5 anywhere in the UK,its like a 50 year old law or something. Back in the day we used to get an hour and a half of highlights, one Sunday game and the FA cup final. Now we get about 10 live games a week, and every game on Saturday in full from 8 o'clock. This is about the time when Lady K loses her shizzle.
I fart in your general direction.
Your mother was a hamster.
Ni!
An excellent point well made, I believe in Middle Ages French.
I'll have whatever he ordered, with a beer.
Dang, I forgot the beer. Nice catch.

Have a good one

Would you work for them Doc? Or do you think it would ruin the magic? Loads of people from my lot and Disney interchange as the companies are so similar, but I'm not sure I would go over. I've heard they are pretty ruthless. I work with the imagineers (which is where I would end up) on our shops in the parks, and they all seem pretty flustered and not particularly happy.
Good point. I was thinking more about the perks and being able to make a difference for all of us, I hadn't thought since they're greedy, ruthless bleeps, it might not be such a good gig.

I've managed to get LEGO to stump up some cash to put a mezzanine play room in a facility for kids with Special needs, so I'm taking the contractors round. The bloke who runs it is incredible.
That's cool!!!! Congrats!

Because we don't have markets like you guys, there is NO football shown at 3-5 anywhere in the UK,its like a 50 year old law or something
So just to make sure you mean football as everyone but the US calls it? If that's a law, I'd wonder the purpose/reason for that. Too many pub fights?

I've managed to get LEGO to stump up some cash to put a mezzanine play room in a facility for kids with Special needs, so I'm taking the contractors round. The bloke who runs it is incredible.
Nice one Dan. Sounds like a satisfying result. It's nice to be able to make positive differences like that.

Interesting perspective. If I had the opportunity to work for Disney (and I never will, but let's talk hypothetically) it would be very tempting. I would definitely have some concern on ruining the magic. But that would probably get overruled.

So just to make sure you mean football as everyone but the US calls it? If that's a law, I'd wonder the purpose/reason for that. Too many pub fights?
Yes mate, Soccerball.
It was originally put in to protect the clubs from low attendance, a bit like your local blackout laws I think. Now I think its contract law, which was kept when they launched the Premier League. Fights historically were more in the ground, and as the police cracked down on that, the firms would arrange to meet up about a mile away from the game and beat the living daylights out of each other, which pretty much suited everyone to be honest.

Morning all,

couple of hours in the office than off to a charity golf tournament for our KidSport charity. Nice day so it should be a good round.

Now that all aspersions on my character have been set aside, London calling. Just hanging around the house I have a meeting at 9 about 20 mins from my house. I've managed to get LEGO to stump up some cash to put a mezzanine play room in a facility for kids with Special needs, so I'm taking the contractors round. The bloke who runs it is incredible.

Well done!

That's awesome. What a great project.

Good point. I was thinking more about the perks and being able to make a difference for all of us, I hadn't thought since they're greedy, ruthless bleeps, it might not be such a good gig.

Interesting perspective. If I had the opportunity to work for Disney (and I never will, but let's talk hypothetically) it would be very tempting. I would definitely have some concern on ruining the magic. But that would probably get overruled.

In the end, I imagine it's like any other job. There will be aspects you love about it and aspects you hate (mostly centered around having to deal with other people). In any line of work, there's a reason they have to pay you to do it.

I've always thought being an imagineer would be a really cool job, but it really depends on how much the corporate overlords beat you over the head with pressure to come in on a ridiculous deadline or cut to save on the budget. When those demands become unreasonable, the job turns sour. As I've gotten older, I've found that I care less about what I actually do in my job and more about the people I work with and for. That's what really makes the difference for me in terms of whether I love a job or not.

I've always thought being an imagineer would be a really cool job, but it really depends on how much the corporate overlords beat you over the head with pressure to come in on a ridiculous deadline or cut to save on the budget. When those demands become unreasonable, the job turns sour.
Yeah, that's what Dan's point made me stop and think about.

I thinking being an imagineer would be cool also to come up with cool ideas/effects/etc. folks would enjoy. I think your latter comment is very true...when your manager and co-workers are reasonable and good to work with/for, it makes the job much more satisfying.

Top O the Mornin Dads! A bit behind here so hope all are in a good spot with family, life and the day or night jobs. Thanks to everyone for your thoughts and support over the past week as we managed through FIL's passing. Was a tough Bday celebration yesterday for the Mrs as her 60th was just not the celebration it should have been considering all the other goings on. We do have a trip to the Gulf with some friends over Labor Day weekend as part of her 60th celebration so hoping that will be a better time. Cheers guys!

Top O the Mornin Dads! A bit behind here so hope all are in a good spot with family, life and the day or night jobs. Thanks to everyone for your thoughts and support over the past week as we managed through FIL's passing. Was a tough Bday celebration yesterday for the Mrs as her 60th was just not the celebration it should have been considering all the other goings on. We do have a trip to the Gulf with some friends over Labor Day weekend as part of her 60th celebration so hoping that will be a better time. Cheers guys!
I completely understand having just went through it.
My daughter's death was 2 weeks before my birthday and it just really didn't happen.
Hoping that will be better. My SIL said we need to have a party for me after the fact, so maybe similar for me.

Afternoon, all.
Have a day off and am officially doing.... nothing.
Feels great.
I also took a year at Advanced level, but that was more to do with fancying the alien swirling saucer off a girl that was in the class.
Is there any other reason? :confused3
I am always checking the gender of nouns.
Ugh. I hear that. I suck at that.
Nice!

Interesting. I didn't know they were that well educated in the language arts

For all those rallying against immigration, and I don't know what actually happens at the borders since there are so many media liars, it works really well here. Most are using someone's SSN, so taxes are being paid. They work hard and do the job most Americans won't do.

My sister and I grew up in Maine. She took Spanish in school, which is super useful in western Massachusetts. I took French, which is incredibly handy in urban California.

I used the sad emoticon thing. I had some wonderful career advice in HS.

8:20pm. Still 100 degrees. Good thing that cold front came thru

Bit nipply.

I fully admit my phrasing sucks in French (as the only time I ever use it is in Disney Paris) and I am always checking the gender of nouns.

You English and your phrases. Is checking the gender of nouns like checking the hooters on a hot girl?

Well, you asked Doc, but as everyone else answered, I'll throw in my efforts as well. I'm not smart like you guys, so the only job I may be able to get would be a theme park worker or maybe in sales. As for the theme park, I want be a boat captain, preferable the MK, Poly, GF route. I really like those small open boats. It would be great until it rained. Does it rain in Florida? Maybe I could do one of those dvc sales jobs inside the parks or resort, as long as I'm not sitting in the office all day.

Most are using someone's SSN, so taxes are being paid.
Yep, probably 90% of them buy a social security card at the border for about $60. That's how they get around E-verify, I've seen estimates we're as much as 2 billion dollars a year and taxes are paid by people who can never claim benefits

Morning, boys.

Yep, probably 90% of them buy a social security card at the border for about $60. That's how they get around E-verify, I've seen estimates we're as much as 2 billion dollars a year and taxes are paid by people who can never claim benefits
Huh! I had no idea.

Happy Friday all.

Nice day on the golf course, we finished with a 57 (-15) but sadly not good enough to win. I did manage to pull in a nice raffle prize - 500 VISA gift card and 250 Airmiles so overall a pretty good day. We don't know how much was raised for our charity yet so we'll have to wait for that.

Have a good Friday all!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!