DDC XXXIV: The Original Home Of The DISDads!!!

I got called by a co-worker who wanted to take some leave today. He couldn't unless I agreed to work.
So... here I am.

You never say no. Some day you'll need a favour and...

Got it. That must be a Canadian thing, your industry, or you have a good team of co-workers. It's nothing in America to get someone to cover your shift and then screw them over when they ask for reciprocity.

Hey All! Power's back on! I got a text Friday night while at the show in Boston from a friend, who's a chiropractor, his office is at the end of my street, letting me know the power was back on. So by the time we got home from Boston at 1 am, the lights were on and the house was warm. As for the show, it was amazing! For those who haven't seen it I highly recommend it. There were some spots that scared my DD, she scares easily, but she made it through like a little trooper! So, today and tomorrow at work we have inventory, so I probably be checking in only at lunch, if that. So, everyone have a good day and I'll hopefully chat with you soon.

Last edited:
Morning all.

Federal election day up here in the north, can't say that I'm happy with any of the choices. Looks like we are headed for a minority government so that should be interesting.

Have a great Monday all!

Federal election day up here in the north, can't say that I'm happy with any of the choices. Looks like we are headed for a minority government so that should be interesting.
You took the words out of my mouth.
I haven't voted yet, I'll need to take some anti-nausea medication before I do.
My comment on FB this morning was "No matter what happens, tomorrow one of those idiots is going to be Prime Minister".
I am looking forward to seeing the results come in tonight. Minority governments make it interesting, if nothing else.

Top O the Mornin Dads! Whole bunch of not doing too much this weekend. Bears and Blackhawks ended the weekend on a downer though yesterday. Getting ready to crash the internet for Star Wars Rise of Skywalker tix tonight. Good luck to those to the north with their election today and remember could bbe us down here. Lets have a good week and be safe out there.
I remember those days - night light & favorite stuffed animal hauled everywhere.
Thinking of those days just brings a smile to the face don't it?
Not a gin fan. Tried different tequilas to find some that I liked. An agave anejo does the trick, but some of the good ones can cost $70 a bottle. I just went with Basil Hayden bourbon.
Basil Hayden - good call.

Morning all.

Have a great Monday all!
You took the words out of my mouth.
My comment on FB this morning was "No matter what happens, tomorrow one of those idiots is going to be Prime Minister".
I am looking forward to seeing the results come in tonight. Minority governments make it interesting, if nothing else.

Look at it as voting for the one person you think will do the least damage.

Hey, I remember voting in an election like that recently.

Look at it as voting for the one person you think will do the least damage.

Do they have write-in votes in Canada?

Ok, that's it, I'm calling it. Work week over... wait... WHAT?

:crazy2:

My last swim parent meeting. Hallelujah! Holy ****! Where's the Tylenol? I mean bourbon. Time to celebrate.

Can't complain.

Turkey is turkey. I'm a fan.

Hey All! Power's back on! I got a text Friday night while at the show in Boston from a friend, who's a chiropractor, his office is at the end of my street, letting me know the power was back on. So by the time we got home from Boston at 1 am, the lights were on and the house was warm. As for the show, it was amazing! For those who haven't seen it I highly recommend it. There were some spots that scared my DD, she scares easily, but she made it through like a little trooper! So, today and tomorrow at work we have inventory, so I probably be checking in only at lunch, if that. So, everyone have a good day and I'll hopefully chat with you soon.

Good news. Spent two days at the MIL one year when the power went out. I have enough emergency heaters to melt the arctic now.

Morning all.

Have a great Monday all!

Obama. Trump. Need I say more. For two presidents who couldn't be different, nothing here has really changed. I think the fix is in - us peasants argue among ourselves while the kings roll around in our tax money.

:lmao::furious::lmao:

Thinking of those days just brings a smile to the face don't it?

It does because they weren't @$$hole teenagers that talk back all the time.

Well I'll be damned....you guys are still over here and hanging out! Oh how I long for the good old days of post counts and heckling, while trying to match real names to handles!

:wave: Brett. He's the ugly one with no hair. :lmao:

Brett and Jar Jar TOTWL.jpg

Got it. That must be a Canadian thing, your industry, or you have a good team of co-workers. It's nothing in America to get someone to cover your shift and then screw them over when they ask for reciprocity.
Well...
You can screw someone over... once.
Then no one will ever trade or cover with/for you again and you're screwed.
So... helping out a buddy is really a nice thing to do and future planning for yourself.
Thanksgiving week 2 for us, well just another turkey dinner but this time cooked by my MIL.
Same here... except we didn't have week 1 and I made the turkey.
Hey All! Power's back on!
Great! Welcome back to civilisation… as it were.
Just looked at the current standings... close...

MONDAY?!?
:laughing:
Oh dear...
Minority governments make it interesting, if nothing else.
True... Anyone around when Joe Who won it back in 79?
I thought it was renamed Suckday
How soon they forget.
:wave: Brett. He's the ugly one with no hair. :lmao:

Brett and Jar Jar TOTWL.jpg
:lmao:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter