DDC XXXIV: The Original Home Of The DISDads!!!

Go show that to your wife and see if you still have posting privileges.
I hang out here because my wife doesn't know about it. not about to ruin the good thing I got going by blabbing my mouth.that would be like bringing your wife to your bachelor party.
But, our new Governor was the one who filed the lawsuit against the last one for the illegal pension-killing bill.
Hope he gets it all straightened out and works to take care of you guys

So this is good news, right? I'm assuming this is the "high" you mentioned.
And... I could have that completely backwards.

Yes. I'm hoping so since he petitioned to overturn the last law passed. I think that if I can make it into the retired pool, then I'll be safe from major changes.

Hopefully the new Governor will protect your pension.

I hope so too.

I hang out here because my wife doesn't know about it. not about to ruin the good thing I got going by blabbing my mouth.that would be like bringing your wife to your bachelor party.

Hope he gets it all straightened out and works to take care of you guys

My DW knows about this cite, and usually just rolls her eyes when I mention a Disdad thing.

Morning, Dads! Got to work in another department yesterday, completely unrelated to my current job, and made a good impression with the supervisor there, so another feather in my cap. Still no offer of a job, but right now I'm beginning to think that being a temp is the way to go. Being a temp allows me to continue looking for and working towards my goal of being in the medical field. When I find that job, being a temp allows me to quit more easily when I find said medical career job. I'd hate the take an offer of a permanent job only to quit a few months later when I get the job I want. I guess I better find that job quickly before they make me an offer....unless said offer is something I can't refuse.

I'm not paid OT, salaried at 60. So, I work all my hours at both jobs as fast as possible so I can go home.

Salaried and OT sucks, but hopefully they compensate you well for it.

Top O the Mornin Dads and Happy Friday Eve! Dang this week is just looooongggggg. Nothing much to speak of other than our house is in full Christmas decorating mode. Place is all blown up taking down our everyday stuff and DW starting on the transformation. Too early you say, not if we want to be done by Thanksgving weekend. Cheers gents
Yep, DW knows about it in general but that's it............
Yes. I'm hoping so since he petitioned to overturn the last law passed. I think that if I can make it into the retired pool, then I'll be safe from major changes.
Good news on the Governor front for your pension but heard this morning that the results of the election are being challenged

Sounds like good news. Let's hope it works out for you.

I'd hate the take an offer of a permanent job only to quit a few months later when I get the job I want.

Just remember, the "perfect" job doesn't exist. Even for those of us who enjoy what we do, there's a reason they have to pay us to do it. Usually it has to do with being required to deal with other people.

Good news on the Governor front for your pension but heard this morning that the results of the election are being challenged

:sad2:

Afternoon chaps from an overcast London. Lego towers today, not too much on the secret missions front. Apparently there's some American guy doing the rounds looking for some dirt on some dude called Joe, so I might pick up that job later if work's a bit dull.

Listening to a skype presentation on confidentiality. Maybe I shouldn't have told you that.

They made coke legal too???
No wonder Ponzie does about 120 hours per week.
The sacrifices you do for our planet just boggle the mind.
One does One's best. But if you watch my films, the delectable young lady that I play hide the sausage with often ends up 6 feet under, pushing up the daisies and singing with the Choir invisible. This seems a somewhat extreme form of contraception.
Well there's a shocker.
That's some of our famous British sarcasm, just in case anyone missed that there.

Where about do you live and what are you doing toward becoming an imagineer?
Reading parrot fashion out of a design playbook with no regard to common sense would be a definite skill to focus on, based on my dealings with them in general.

(I am in a particularly grumpy mood today, I'm sure it's a wonderful job)

Last edited:
Listening to a skype presentation on confidentiality. Maybe I shouldn't have told you that.

:rotfl:

"We're flying in from the north, coming in low under the radar at 0600."

"When will you be home?"

"I can't tell you that. It's classified."

Reading parrot fashion out of a design playbook with no regard to common sense would be a definite skill to focus on, based on my dealings with them in general.

Ouch. I'd hate to see what you think of us government workers, then. :laughing:

That's my biggest fear, that I'd only be allowed to eat stuff I hate.
I can see that being a problem of varying degrees depending on the person.
I’m fairly lucky on that point as I generally like a whole lot of different things that easily fit into the cannon acceptable. We had eggs & sausage last night and ain’t much wrong with that. Tonight is gnocchi primavera which is a bit of a cheat as gnocchi is rather starchy, but we’ll have way more veg with it then most recipes call for and no bread or alcohol so it evens out.

Well, today is a day of highs and lows. We did the Memorial Mass for my Aunt. But, our new Governor was the one who filed the lawsuit against the last one for the illegal pension-killing bill.
Sorry for you family loss.

But I am optimistic for the better outlook on your pension prospects.
Of course I see where the current gent in the mansion has basically vowed that he ain’t leaving so we’ll have to see how that plays out (and I fear that situation is one that will likely become more common in the future).

Hopefully the new Governor will protect your pension.
I s’pect he will if he can actually get in the door at least.

there's a reason they have to pay us to do it. Usually it has to do with being required to deal with other people.
The world would be a wonderful place if it weren’t for all the other people in it.

Or as Pogo once said…
We have met the enemy and he is us.

One does One's best. But if you watch my films, the delectable young lady that I play hide the sausage with often ends up 6 feet under, pushing up the daisies and singing with the Choir invisible. This seems a somewhat extreme form of contraception.
One of many conundrums in your “line of work”
On the upside, all your various nemeses spend so much time monologing and setting up such Rube Goldberg approaches for your demise that the survival rate for double-knots seems to be fairly high.

Ehh…
Complain away.
Your grumpy is generally far funnier and more entertaining than most anything I can come up with.

"When will you be home?"

:rotfl:
Possibly an hour and a bit of some of the best dead pan delivery in Cinematic history.

Ouch. I'd hate to see what you think of us government workers, then. :laughing:
Dante had a pretty good idea ;)

I genuinely find if you engage the Local authority guys early and properly, they are actually really good to deal with and helpful, and to be honest, help you through most of the tough stuff. However. I had a young guy who was learning to be an approvals inspector in an un-named NE territory over your way request that I mark on the drawings where the screws were in the fit out. I kid you not. I just looked at him and suggested that we just pretend he never said that. He went very red and starting shuffling his papers about. Amazingly, I got my permits through in a pretty quick time.

On the upside, all your various nemeses spend so much time monologing and setting up such Rube Goldberg approaches for your demise that the survival rate for double-knots seems to be fairly high.
It is true my friend, there is not much difference between an Architect and a Global Megalomaniac in terms of self regard or ego, so my threshold for rolling my eyes at self-aggrandisement is a transferable skill across my 2 chosen professions. And at least the Global Megalomaniac can stick to a budget.

Got to work in another department yesterday, completely unrelated to my current job, and made a good impression with the supervisor there, so another feather in my cap.
Good! Become indispensable and they'll have to keep you.
Being a temp allows me to continue looking for and working towards my goal of being in the medical field.
What are you looking for?
.unless said offer is something I can't refuse.
Wait, I knew they made pot legal in Canada...

They made coke legal too???
Oh, sure. Been legal for years. Pepsi too.
:laughing:
Now you'll have to kill us all.

Wait... why am I laughing?
No wonder Ponzie does about 120 hours per week.
Secret's out!
:rolleyes1

"When will you be home?"

:thumbsup2

And at least the Global Megalomaniac can stick to a budget.
Only because they all seem to have unlimited fortunes for one reason or another. Thus... there is no budget.

That's a lovely reference.
It's funny, we have Heath Robinson that means exactly the same thing over here, and they were both Cartoonists.
Some good work there, thanks for the introduction.

Good! Become indispensable and they'll have to keep you.
Just keep the old saying in mind...
The cemeteries are full of indispensable people.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter