DDC XXXIV: The Original Home Of The DISDads!!!

Happy Veterans Day to all my fellow brothers and sisters in arms. Please stand an be recognized. Myself, U.S. Navy, Gulf War vet.

Sounds like a full day that would cause a nap. Any chance you have of monetizing that voice? It's a great talent and something you are good at. My oldest sings in our church choir.

I do charge when I sing at churches, except for mine, though I do receive an honorarium from time to time. That's great that your oldest sings in the church choir, there's a lot of great church music out there.

Afternoon gents and a thank you to all who have served in the military, thank you for your service. Disney+ launch tomorrow, should be interesting to see if it goes off without a hitch. Have a good one gents!
And it's really cold outside. Good luck on the decorations. Is your son in town or are you doing it all on your own?
Nope he's at school and DW is in DC so just me and the Mrs. Ain;t getting any younger but we still put everything up which is why we start early, takes us more time. Besides, we really enjoy it and the Holidays overall.
It's Friday...

And I had to have one of our vehicles towed into the shop.
Where it likely won't get looked at until Monday.

Oh joy...
Sorry about the vehicle, hope it's minor.
Image result for chewbacca riding a squirrel fighting nazis your argument is invalid
Huh? Don't get it, did I miss something?

Happy Veterans Day to all my fellow brothers and sisters in arms. Please stand an be recognized. Myself, U.S. Navy, Gulf War vet.

Air Force. I was in during the gulf war and volunteered to go over, but was not chosen. My wife had a hissy fit when she found out I volunteered. For me, it was obvious...I was in Korea (away from my family anyway) so I'd rather be somewhere I could have a more active impact.

DW didn't see it that way. ;)

I do charge when I sing at churches, except for mine, though I do receive an honorarium from time to time. That's great that your oldest sings in the church choir, there's a lot of great church music out there.

She does a good job singing. I don't think she's good enough for a professional career outside of the church. Maybe I'm wrong. She sings with the youth choir, but rarely has solo as she lacks the confidence. I play the piano at home, occasionally and poorly, and she has more talent than me.

Afternoon gents and a thank you to all who have served in the military, thank you for your service. Disney+ launch tomorrow, should be interesting to see if it goes off without a hitch. Have a good one gents!

Nope he's at school and DW is in DC so just me and the Mrs. Ain;t getting any younger but we still put everything up which is why we start early, takes us more time.

Well, don't fall off any ladders decorating the house. We will call you Clark or Doc. :lmao:

We didn't do the initial Disney+pricing, since we have Amazon Fire TV and stick at home. But, looks like they kissed and made up, so we will try and do it once the app appears for a download. We've been thinking about cancelling Netflix for awhile anyway, as we already have Prime.

Coke won...

::yes:: There was never really a contest.

Morning boys from a 0c London. A little belated, but thanks to all the guys on here who served, and those all around the world who serve still. There were about 2000 at our little Cenotaph in the town, which is not bad. I guess people mark it differently. The boy was in the parade this year.

The coffee machine in our house finally gave up the ghost Sunday, after me repairing it twice over the last 4 years, and this time it would have been almost as much in parts as a new one, so Mr Bezos took a hefty chunk of my money this morning. Back to the old school Cona today, which is a great piece of dinner theatre but a right royal PITA to do for one. New one turns up Thursday. For the price of it, I'm kinda expecting a Barista to turn up with it.

Not a ton going on in the mother country today, I have a meeting later to see if I can take on being treasurer for the Scout district, so we'll see where that goes. I can't be a leader due to work travel and stuff, but I might be able to chip in this way, as it's mostly admin I can do in the airport or between covert missions. The boy seems to be enjoying it, so hopefully this hobby will stick for a few years.

Disney+ launch tomorrow,
Ours is March 31 due to Sky (the main Satellite content provider, owned by Fox) having a Disney film channel. We are not getting Hulu or ESPN, again as this is a content exclusive contract with British Telecom, which I get for free anyways. We have Disney Life, so I guess they will just port us over when the time comes. It's a Disney IT project, so I'm pretty sure Doc will be on soon.... :scratchin
what how? Pepsi once had Jar Jar on a can, can coke really compete with that?
And set fire to Michael Jackson :scared1: (the smiley I believe is actual footage of the incident)

Awesome SNL skit...
And if only Belushi had taken the advice of "No Coke" he may have made it into the 90s at least. Although probably not.
Terra Nova National Park (secret of my Dis name is out...I love the area).
I just thought you didn't know the latin word for found.
On the Coke vs Pepsi front... so for you folks turning your collective noses up at Pepsi... when you go to a restaurant and ask for a Coke and they say they "only have Pepsi, is that okay?"... what do you do?
I order something else. And slap the manager. Slapping the server would be futile, although much more attractive on the alliteration front. Maybe slapping the Manager's Momma. That'll do.

Have a supercalifrajilisticexpialidocious day chaps.

Last edited:
Morning Gents,

first snow day of the year for DW, way to early for that to happen. Just a messing morning, snow, freezing rain, rain, yuck!!

Make no difference for DS as this is reading week for him. He is the only one with snow tires installed yet though.

Have a great day!

'Morning all...
The rain has arrived and the cold will be here this afternoon.
yuk...

If I were smart (or foolish as the case may be), I'd head down to Fla to get away from this stuff.

Hummmmm...

Pepsi once had Jar Jar on a can, can coke really compete with that?
The essence of rhetorical.
A sentence that both asks and answers its own question.

Sorry about the vehicle, hope it's minor.
Well, about that...
Maybe it's minor-ish...
and maybe it's not.

What actually occurred is that a 'plastic' hose connector to the heater core basically disintegrated. Now, why plastic is being use as a major component in the high temperature area of a heat engine's cooling system is a good question and seems like a serious design flaw to me, but I digress.

Anyway... net result is that being as the engine was operating at speed at the time, it rapidly pumped all the coolant directly onto the road and promptly began to seriously overheat. My Missus got no real warning other then that suddenly the heater was blowing cold air and then in moments the check engine light kicked on (without the high temp light ever kicking in) and she started loosing power. Props to her though for getting it off the road as quick as she did.

The mechanics tell me that it got up into the high 280s-F and that's in the range of where you can start doing things like warping heads or wrecking cams and rods (they even reported that we now hold the record for the highest temp reached on a engine that they serviced and that the former record holder had ruined his <<shudder>>)

After replacing the connector they did a pressure test on the cooling system and a chemical test on the internals, checked all the gaskets and the power-plant seems to have miraculously survived the ordeal. The only way to know for sure is to actually tear it down and that's several grand I don't have. The only other thing is to not push it too hard for a bit and watch for signs of failing gaskets or mixing of fuel and coolant in the exhaust.

For the time being, I'm driving it as my commute is about a tenth of hers and I can pay attention to how it handles and reacts. So far, so good and it speaks well of the engine itself (and that engine is actually why I bought the car in the first place)

All that said (and I've said a whole bunch there, I know) we're debating on trading it for something else in the near just to be on the safe side. Haven't decided on that just yet but well see.

It's a Disney IT project, so I'm pretty sure Doc will be on soon.... :scratchin
Here's hoping. I have a phone (well video) screen at 11 with Disney.

If I were smart
::yes::

(or foolish as the case may be)
HEY!!!! Wait a minute...I live...err never mind.

I'd head down to Fla to get away from this stuff.
It's colder than normal here too, but not too cold yet thankfully.

All that said (and I've said a whole bunch there, I know) we're debating on trading it for something else in the near just to be on the safe side. Haven't decided on that just yet but well see.
Hope it survived since she caught it quick. I think this may be another case of an engineer needing to be beaten severely...plastic on high temp??? To quote Skar...I'm surrounded by idiots.

Just in case anyone missed this.

Incredible run. It's always fun to watch great athletes.

The coffee machine in our house finally gave up the ghost Sunday

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOooooooooooo...

For the price of it, I'm kinda expecting a Barista to turn up with it.

So Starbucks overcharges for their machines, too?

first snow day of the year for DW, way to early for that to happen. Just a messing morning, snow, freezing rain, rain, yuck!!

Once again, autumn lasted about 3 days.

If I were smart (or foolish as the case may be), I'd head down to Fla to get away from this stuff.

Just go. We'll figure out the details later.

What actually occurred is that a 'plastic' hose connector to the heater core basically disintegrated. Now, why plastic is being use as a major component in the high temperature area of a heat engine's cooling system is a good question and seems like a serious design flaw to me, but I digress.

Yeah...I can't see a whole lot of good coming from that.

For the time being, I'm driving it as my commute is about a tenth of hers and I can pay attention to how it handles and reacts. So far, so good and it speaks well of the engine itself (and that engine is actually why I bought the car in the first place)

Fingers crossed that it survived the heat ok.

I think this may be another case of an engineer needing to be beaten severely...plastic on high temp???

Those types of issues can often be the result of the bean-counters making the decisions.

So Starbucks overcharges for their machines, too?
Naaa...
Best as I can tell, Charbuck$ overcharges simply 'cause folks are willing to hand over the money. Nothing more.

It's a bit like how Disney works, so I can't really be throwing too many stones at those folks.

Fingers crossed that it survived the heat ok.

Those types of issues can often be the result of the bean-counters making the decisions.
Good so far and I suspect you're right.
likely either a cash saving measure or a weight saving measure (or a mixture)
I also get that there are some plastics that are resistant to heat up to some fairly surprising temps, but a subsystem as critical as cooling should probably be exempt from that calculus. (or would that be gambling?)

Naaa...
Best as I can tell, Charbuck$ overcharges simply 'cause folks are willing to hand over the money. Nothing more.

It's a bit like how Disney works, so I can't really be throwing too many stones at those folks.

Nothing but truth in these statements.

Good so far and I suspect you're right.
likely either a cash saving measure or a weight saving measure (or a mixture)
I also get that there are some plastics that are resistant to heat up to some fairly surprising temps, but a subsystem as critical as cooling should probably be exempt from that calculus. (or would that be gambling?)

It could be both (cash-saving and weight-saving). "Your engine is too expensive, find a way to make it cheaper."

"Well, we could use plastic here, but it would be in danger of--"

"Do it!"

Ya' know what...

I think I'll do just that...

Well done, sir!

Morning Gents,

Make no difference for DS as this is reading week for him. He is the only one with snow tires installed yet though.

Have a great day!
Snow and Ice this morning, wind chill of 7, WTH?
Ya' know what...

I think I'll do just that...

View attachment 452206
That's great! Nice Job there sir. When ya going? C'mon details........... Nice Guitars in the background there too

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter