DDC XXXIV: The Original Home Of The DISDads!!!

Another Monday. Is the week over yet?

Mornin', Dads! Made it through work on Saturday. Unfortunately FedEx didn't arrive until 1pm, but that gave me a chance at more overtime. I also, with the boss looking on, had to figure something out in the FedEx ship manager, which put another feather in my hat towards offering me the job. :teeth: Also, staying that late, when everyone else in the department left early, makes me look good...it's all in how you play the game. Got home Saturday afternoon and did a few things around the house with the full knowledge of being able to sit and relax that evening. Then the wife told me we had a "Fall Fling" at school for the parents that we to go. At least they served wine and beer. Sunday I was a proud parent when my daughter had her first piano recital. I was, and still am, a proud daddy. She did wonderful, and I'm not just saying that. Well, have a good day, everyone.

Congrats on the first recital.

I think the Chief bags the win there. When I was in shops, Head office sent them out to us to use, predictably we used knives like we always had.

We had box cutters with exposed blades. Of course, this is KY and there are a lot of missing fingers and teeth.

I have the same coffee maker that they use in Victoria and Alberts (the Cona D), which I'm using, but it's effectively filter/press pot strength, and is a total faff to make and clean. I've been drinking Espresso since I was around 15, so it's probably more grammatically correct to call this the Espresso Drought of 2019. There are also a few coffee shops up the road, but I'm not a huge fan of store made coffee. I'm pretty sure when I check the definition of First World Problems, my posts will be quoted.

I still like my press pot. I'm not sophisticated enough for espresso.

Hey, how's everyone doing? I haven't been around in ages. So listen, we are batting around the idea of moving to Orlando eventually. How many of ya'll are locals?

Not a local, but I really want to be. Either Orlando or the beach. If you figure out how to move, then let me know.

Mornin', Dads! Another beautiful day here on Cape Cod...ok, its raining outside, but still. Been super busy here at work, which is good, but extremely busy. The plus about where I work is that I've lost weight, not sure how much because I haven't stepped on a scale in quite some time, but my clothes are fitting better.

Congrats on the first recital.

Thanks.

Morning Gents.

Messing morning here today. We are just below the line of freezing rain and snow. Ice pellets and rain on the way in this morning for me, suppose to warm up and get a bunch of rain later today. Should make for a nice 2 hour drive to Moncton later this afternoon.

::yes::
Kept quiet though.
Haven't seen a milk bag in years, though.

Still have them here but they aren't as popular as they use to be. We did an online grocery order and ended up with them after asking for 4 liters of milk. Good thing we still had a 4 liter jug we could pour the milk into.

Morning, folks
The plus about where I work is that I've lost weight, not sure how much because I haven't stepped on a scale in quite some time, but my clothes are fitting better.
Nice perk. Do you pay extra for that?
Messing morning here today. We are just below the line of freezing rain and snow. Ice pellets and rain on the way in this morning for me, suppose to warm up and get a bunch of rain later today. Should make for a nice 2 hour drive to Moncton later this afternoon.
Ugh. Sounds not so great. Drive safe.
Still have them here but they aren't as popular as they use to be. We did an online grocery order and ended up with them after asking for 4 liters of milk. Good thing we still had a 4 liter jug we could pour the milk into.
I would’ve been shocked. It’s been... decades since I’ve seen one

Update on my job situation.
They agreed to my request for higher salary and I've gotten an updated offer letter. I have given notice to my current job and will be starting the new job the 2nd of December. Needless to say, my thanksgiving will be a bit more thankful. It will be less money than I'm currently making now, but I'm still very happy since I'll be doing my actual job (or what I thought this job would be).

They agreed to my request for higher salary and I've gotten an updated offer letter. I have given notice to my current job and will be starting the new job the 2nd of December. Needless to say, my thanksgiving will be a bit more thankful. It will be less money than I'm currently making now, but I'm still very happy since I'll be doing my actual job (or what I thought this job would be).

Congrats Doc!

I hate driving into work during stuff like that. Drive safe, my friend.

Nice perk. Do you pay extra for that?

:rotfl2: Thankfully, no.

Congrats!

Top O the Mornin Dads! Just looking to get through this week and then only a 2 day work week next week. Not much else goin on around here other than gearing up for the holidays. Be safe out there gents.
Congrats Doc! Happy for you.

Glad to hear it! Congratulations! This was the non-Disney position, right?

Congrats Doc!
Congrats!
Congrats Doc! Happy for you.
Glad to hear it! Congratulations! This was the non-Disney position, right?
Thanks guys!

Yes, Mark, the non-Disney position.

Disney would have been more money, but contract vs. full time. This is full time with benefits. 15 days PTO, which is better than most (norm is 10 days), 100% 401k match to 4% and some others. Also, the commute is better than what Disney would have been. Ironically, the Disney location I would have been at is closer to Universal than Disney and that would be a rough commute. So, all factored into the equation, this is a better option.

Congratulations!!!

Hey guys, I was out of it for a few days and I missed a riveting discussion on milk bags!
I don't really get to play with them any more, being married and all.
Oh wait...a different kind of milk bag?453569

My team's going to the Grey Cup! (Canadian Football championship game)
I was watching it and was happy for you.
I think the cross bar deserves an honourable mention for the win though.
Given my track record at picking losing teams, I wonder if I should cheer for Hamilton on Sunday?

Great news Doc, congrats!

They agreed to my request for higher salary and I've gotten an updated offer letter. I have given notice to my current job and will be starting the new job the 2nd of December.
Hey! Great news! Congrats!
Disney would have been more money, but contract vs. full time. This is full time with benefits. 15 days PTO, which is better than most (norm is 10 days), 100% 401k match to 4% and some others. Also, the commute is better than what Disney would have been. Ironically, the Disney location I would have been at is closer to Universal than Disney and that would be a rough commute. So, all factored into the equation, this is a better option.
Not bad!
So have you shut the door on the KSC job, then? Or will you do that part time if offered?
I was watching it and was happy for you.
I think the cross bar deserves an honourable mention for the win though.
Thanks. And... yes, maybe. We'll never know if that pass would've been caught, dropped, knocked away, fumbled, or OPI...

I'm okay with not knowing.
Given my track record at picking losing teams, I wonder if I should cheer for Hamilton on Sunday?
By all means!
(But in your heart, I know you'll be cheering on the Bombers.)

Rainy Tuesday here. That's all I got. The cold weather and darkness is making me depressed. A cure would be a trip to WDW, if anyone's buying.

Mornin', Dads! Another beautiful day here on Cape Cod...ok, its raining outside, but still. Been super busy here at work, which is good, but extremely busy. The plus about where I work is that I've lost weight, not sure how much because I haven't stepped on a scale in quite some time, but my clothes are fitting better.

Added benefit of the job.

That is some good news. Glad to hear they came thru for you.

Hey guys, I was out of it for a few days and I missed a riveting discussion on milk bags!
I don't really get to play with them any more, being married and all.
Oh wait...a different kind of milk bag?View attachment 453569

:goodvibes:goodvibes
::yes::::yes::

I was trying to take the high road on boob jokes. Thanks for reminding me why I still stop by here.

For that, our prize is a pair of Jasmines. Or, is the 2nd picture the booby prize.

Jasmine2002.jpg

Day 5 Banquet Hall Aug 30[6].jpg

Thanks guys!

You should have held out for the non-working, telecommuting, out of state assistant. I'm qualified for that.

Last edited:
Not bad!
So have you shut the door on the KSC job, then? Or will you do that part time if offered?
I have not heard back regarding the KSC job. If they were to offer me the job and a similar salary, it would be a tough decision at that point.

Rainy Tuesday here. That's all I got. The cold weather and darkness is making me depressed. A cure would be a trip to WDW, if anyone's buying.
If you show up at my house, I'll be happy to treat you to a trip over to WDW. Now, if you don't have tickets, I reckon I can drop you off at DTD. :lmao:

That is some good news. Glad to hear they came thru for you.
Me too.

For that, our prize is a pair of Jasmines. Or, is the 2nd picture the booby prize.
I actually like the first one better. Although she might be the booby prize, she looks older and reminds me of a mom of one of the teens at church, so kinda ruins it for me.

You should have held out for the non-working, telecommuting, out of state assistant. I'm qualified for that.
I tried, but they said since they were already hiring me, they couldn't have two useless employees for the price of one.

Congrats Doc, great to hear.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter