DDC XXXIV: The Original Home Of The DISDads!!!

Afternoon and Happy Friday Eve!
So, my hot Stacy must dos at AK.

The Kilomanjari Safari ride is not only my favorite at AK, but I think it's the best at all of WDW. Obviously, it depends on when you ride it, as morning and evening have yielded more animal activity. But, we ride it at least twice each trip, and have my favorite is the rhinos running alongside the truck. We are planning on doing the Wild Africa Trek this trip.

The next must do is Expedition Everest. I was able to ride it when the Yeti actually worked inside the ride, so it bears a bit of nostalgia and quality ride. Plus, it's is Stacy's top 5 list, and I like watching her .... talking about the ride.

FOTLK is my favorite live show at WDW. DW and I wandered in there on our Disneymoon, so it had a bit extra magic. 3 of us have been in the show. I warmed up the elephant section, and both my girls did the walk around parade. It is an absolute must do, worthy of a FP at AK.

Flights of Passage is next. I'm not a huge fan of the seats/ flyers / whatever they are, but it is a really amazing attraction and unique as well. Plus, it took forever for the ride to be developed after the movie, so not quite all that contemporary.

Yak n Yeti restaurant is a must do every trip. And, if you sign up for the Landry card, then you don't have to do ADRs and can get it. Terrific food, and even more special when you sit upstairs.

(1) Kilimanjaro Safari
(2) Expedition Everest
(3) FOTLK
(4) Flights of Passage
(5) Yak n Yeti Restaurant

Honorable mentions include the Dinosaur ride, Nemo Show, and Mahajara jungle trek. The Tree of Life is just amazing to watch. It doesn't bring the same as Cinderella's Castle, but it is just so much fun to find the animals in there.
I'm with ya - AK is pretty much the #2 park for us as of today. But with the additions at HS & EPCOT things will change in the future I'm sure.
Happy Anniversary! And as someone already said, happy thoughts on your dad.
Wish I could do two like marks. It would be happy for anniversary :yay: Congrats! and :sad2: for dad.
Happy (belated) anniversary to budamacdvcr.
Thank you gents
So DD19 had her first final exam at university for this semester. She’s been sequestered in the basement studying the past week. She’s been something like a mole person hiding from the zombie apocalypse, only coming upstairs to microwave a pizza pocket or frozen pasta. Her marks have been good all semester so I’m sure she’ll do fine. She just puts a lot of pressure on herself.
Best of luck to her! My kids have adopted through the college the "B's and an occasional C still get degrees". Both were / are Dean's list students but after the first year of stress they put things in a bit of perspective.

I'm in the complete opposite situation right now. I work from home, and feel a little strangled being around the place all the time. I've started going out to work in Coffee Shops and stuff like that

I started getting like that when I was unemployed earlier this year. There'd be times when I told the wife that I was running errands just to get out of the house. During the summer I'd volunteer to take my daughter to swim lessons. We'd get there by 9:30 am, her lesson started at 10am, and we'd stay until 2pm. I'd have books and study materials with me. Of course, the evil monster would make and appearance and chase my daughter and her friends around. Grrr

Never say never. One day you might be out shootin at some food and up through the ground comes bubblin crude.

That's the only way I'll win itm. Spent $20 on lottery tickets this year and no winnings.

Consider your previously unheard of invite to good ol' fashioned Pie, Mash n Liquor in the East End of London with yours truly hereby revoked, you shameless heathen.
(I only like Pie from 3 places in the world, and I hate fruit in pies.)

Just having some fun 007. I was thinking about the Moonlite BBQ pecan pie with chocolate fudge icing on top. So much sugar that it is served with a side of insulin.

Let me ask you Dad's of multiple kids a question. How did you know you were ready for a second? My Wife and I are talking about it, and I don't really feel a strong opinion either way

I was an only child. It was never not in the cards that I would have at least two children. I guess the easy answer is that when DW said so? :lmao: Actually, she and her brother were 7 years apart, and she compared it to be close to an only child. Our oldest was born in January 2002. Our youngest was born in June 2004. We thought two years apart in age would be best, but I guess the magic didn't work for a few extra months.

I always wanted more children, but she had pre-eclampsia with the first child, and after the 2nd, we both knew there would be no more. Thanksfully, we have two healthy children.

Yeah, she straps it on and away she goes. :rotfl2: Actually, I've seen people do that with small harps, but my DW's is the full sized one. Side note:, One of the harps she owns used to be owned by the principal harpist for all the Rodger and Hammerstein shows. The travel crate we have for the harp has all the stickers from the shows she's played in...the harp, not the wife.

Good thing you clarified it's a harp.she straps on and away she goes. :lmao: :scared1:

As for our downtown walkthru, the lawyers didn't even bother to turn on their outside lights to make it easier to see. Yours sounds really fun.

Afternoon and Happy Friday Eve!

I'm with ya - AK is pretty much the #2 park for us as of today. But with the additions at HS & EPCOT things will change in the future I'm sure.

Best of luck to her! My kids have adopted through the college the "B's and an occasional C still get degrees". Both were / are Dean's list students but after the first year of stress they put things in a bit of perspective.

That's the good thing about Disney. The lists can change.

My oldest developed that Cs get degrees early in middle school. My oldest is set on all As and out early college program, where you can get your associate degree at the same time as the last two years of HS.

Also, on my oldest dd that I complained about, she has really turned it around. I took away her car October 1, and she admitted she thought we would cave and give it back to her. Now, she's still lazy and doesn't want to help out at the house. But, at least her bad attitude and mouthiness has disappeared.

Last edited:
I'll start a new topic and go with the top 5 restaurants at WDW. Now, you can decide with whatever criteria - cost, quality, character, magical moment, etc. Now, since I'm so fat and eat a lot, I sampled most all of them. My goal was to eat at every restaurant until Disney Springs was made over.

Since we stay at Boardwalk, I'll start with my favorites there and Beach Club. ESPN Club is a must do for sports and a pitcher of draft beer. Yachtsman's steakhouse is great for steaks, but not as good as Shula's, even if he did coach the Dolphins. Beaches n Cream is a usual go to because of just how quaint it is, and for the thought of eating the Kitchen Sink and pooping the rest of the night. :lmao: Garden Grove has the best crab leg buffet. Flying Fish was mega disappointing, but we are going to try it again this trip - maybe.

On the monorail resorts, Narcossee has lobster. Lobster is one of my favoritea, which you can also get at Garden Grove, just not buffet. California Grill has to be my favorite restaurant among the three monorail resorts. We have been to 1900 Park Fare so often for the characters (stepsisters in PM & Hatter & Alice in AM), but it's not that good. Captain Cooks has a dole whip machine, so it definitely gets a mention. Kona used to be a regular go to, but we had some less than average meals there. We have never been to Victoria & Albert's, but I'm afraid after the worst meal experience ever at Citricos.

Turf Club at SSR and Olivia's at OKW are worth dining there, although, maybe not an extra trip. Jiko at AKV was my favorote there, while DW enjoyed Sanaa the best. Artist Pointe pretty at Wilderness Lodge, but the food at Trail's End buffet at Fort Wilderness was better.

Ever since Disney Springs removed Fulton's Crab House, the whole area is dead to me. I try to avoid going there. DW and I had the most amazing meal and experience there on our Disneymoon. I had Australian rock lobster tail and DW had Alaskan King Crab Claws, and we had a 4 layer ice cream dessert cake. And the best service ever, even though we went there directly stinking from the parks, and sat near the entrance to the kitchen. :lmao: DW does like the Boathouse restaurant.

Theme park dining? Well, skip MK. Cinderella's Royal Table is cool with the castle and the princesses, but the food is dreadful. The only place there that is a regular is the QS over in Liberty Square that serves fish. I can't think of its name. At DHS, the Brown Derby is the best restaurant in the theme park, and better than all the ones at Epcot. We don't go as often because it's formal (signature), and since we stink from the parks,.we skip it. With APs? AK is easy with Yak n Yeti, easily my favorite restaurant there. Epcot is more difficult. Via Napoli is my favorite there. Le.Cellier has great steaks. Well done Canada. Coral Reef has great Seafood. Nine Dragons even had good Chinese food.

So, my hot Stacy's must do restaurant
(1) Fulton's Crab House
(2) Shula's Steakhouse
(3) California Grill
(4) Yachtsman's Steakhouse
(5) Brown Derby
(6) Yak n Yeti
(7) Via Napoli
(8) Garden Grove
(9) ESPN Club
(10) Beaches n Cream

I'm sure this list will have to change on Keto. :scared1:

Last edited:
Let me ask you Dad's of multiple kids a question. How did you know you were ready for a second? My Wife and I are talking about it, and I don't really feel a strong opinion either way

Well, our first child (daughter) was so easy and laid-back and lots of fun, so we figured they would all be like that. So we got suckered into a second kid, who was a Demon Baby from H-E-Double Hockey Sticks. Then we thought we'd better not do that to ourselves again. Which was a fine idea, except our security measures failed a couple of times and we had a couple whoopsies along the way and ended up with 4 kids.

TL;DR version: Man plans, God laughs.

I'm in the complete opposite situation right now. I work from home, and feel a little strangled being around the place all the time. I've started going out to work in Coffee Shops and stuff like that
I get that. Sometimes you need to get away.
Oh, man... that was a tough one. We talked more about giving the first one a sibling more than us wanting one. Plus, there was a certain ticking sound going on in DWs ears...
In the end we decided on a 2nd and we were... shocked.
Everything you figure you know about parenting because you've had one? Forget it. You know nothing. Kids are radically different. Not trying to dissuade you. The differences were sometimes perturbing, sometimes fun, sometimes hilarious, sometimes educational. But it's all good.
Yeah, she straps it on and away she goes.
I bet your pardon????

(1) Fulton's Crab House
(2) Shula's Steakhouse
(3) California Grill
(5) Brown Derby
(6) Yak n Yeti
(7) Via Napoli
(8) Garden Grove
(9) ESPN Club
(10) Beaches n Cream
Well, I haven't tried all of those... specifically #s 1, 2, 4, 8, and 9. So our lists will be different, but our tastes might not be?

1. Victoria & Albert
2. Takumi Tei (and it was almost #1... very close call)
3. 50s Prime Time - just have too much fun there.
4. Tiffins
5. Cali Grill

Tired, so I might be forgetting something...

Good thing you clarified it's a harp.she straps on and away she goes. :lmao: :scared1:

As for our downtown walkthru, the lawyers didn't even bother to turn on their outside lights to make it easier to see. Yours sounds really fun.

As to your first statement::rotfl2: :rotfl2: Didn't even think of that. hahahaha That's so funny.

Village strolls around here are pretty big, so pretty much everyone gets into them.

I'll start a new topic and go with the top 5 restaurants at WDW. Now, you can decide with whatever criteria - cost, quality, character, magical moment, etc. Now, since I'm so fat and eat a lot, I sampled most all of them. My goal was to eat at every restaurant until Disney Springs was made over.

Since we stay at Boardwalk, I'll start with my favorites there and Beach Club. ESPN Club is a must do for sports and a pitcher of draft beer. Yachtsman's steakhouse is great for steaks, but not as good as Shula's, even if he did coach the Dolphins. Beaches n Cream is a usual go to because of just how quaint it is, and for the thought of eating the Kitchen Sink and pooping the rest of the night. :lmao: Garden Grove has the best crab leg buffet. Flying Fish was mega disappointing, but we are going to try it again this trip - maybe.

On the monorail resorts, Narcossee has lobster. Lobster is one of my favoritea, which you can also get at Garden Grove, just not buffet. California Grill has to be my favorite restaurant among the three monorail resorts. We have been to 1900 Park Fare so often for the characters (stepsisters in PM & Hatter & Alice in AM), but it's not that good. Captain Cooks has a dole whip machine, so it definitely gets a mention. Kona used to be a regular go to, but we had some less than average meals there. We have never been to Victoria & Albert's, but I'm afraid after the worst meal experience ever at Citricos.

Turf Club at SSR and Olivia's at OKW are worth dining there, although, maybe not an extra trip. Jiko at AKV was my favorote there, while DW enjoyed Sanaa the best. Artist Pointe pretty at Wilderness Lodge, but the food at Trail's End buffet at Fort Wilderness was better.

Ever since Disney Springs removed Fulton's Crab House, the whole area is dead to me. I try to avoid going there. DW and I had the most amazing meal and experience there on our Disneymoon. I had Australian rock lobster tail and DW had Alaskan King Crab Claws, and we had a 4 layer ice cream dessert cake. And the best service ever, even though we went there directly stinking from the parks, and sat near the entrance to the kitchen. :lmao: DW does like the Boathouse restaurant.

Theme park dining? Well, skip MK. Cinderella's Royal Table is cool with the castle and the princesses, but the food is dreadful. The only place there that is a regular is the QS over in Liberty Square that serves fish. I can't think of its name. At DHS, the Brown Derby is the best restaurant in the theme park, and better than all the ones at Epcot. We don't go as often because it's formal (signature), and since we stink from the parks,.we skip it. With APs? AK is easy with Yak n Yeti, easily my favorite restaurant there. Epcot is more difficult. Via Napoli is my favorite there. Le.Cellier has great steaks. Well done Canada. Coral Reef has great Seafood. Nine Dragons even had good Chinese food.

So, my hot Stacy's must do restaurant
(1) Fulton's Crab House
(2) Shula's Steakhouse
(3) California Grill
(5) Brown Derby
(6) Yak n Yeti
(7) Via Napoli
(8) Garden Grove
(9) ESPN Club
(10) Beaches n Cream

I'm sure this list will have to change on Keto. :scared1:

I can't play any of these games because I haven't been down in so long. :guilty: I'll think of something to contribute at some point. Oh, wait! There's a restaurant I ate at that was pretty good, but I can't remember the name. It was on the second floor in, what I maybe falsely remembering, Liberty Square. That was pretty good. I had taken that trip solo, so I have no one to ask to help me remember.

I bet your pardon????

:rotfl2:

Morning, gents.

Got a few errands to run but then eldest DD and I are heading over to my mom's so she can show us how she makes her "Buche do Noel" (Yule Log).
She's getting up in years and I don't want to lose this recipe/technique.

So you are going to have a log?

I'll start a new topic and go with the top 5 restaurants at WDW. Now, you can decide with whatever criteria - cost, quality, character, magical moment, etc. Now, since I'm so fat and eat a lot, I sampled most all of them
Haven't done quite as many as you have (and very few signatures) but I'll certainly play along.
THis lit is mostly based on how much we enjoyed the meal in total. Atmosphere and "The Experiance" plays a part, but it's mostly just how much we enjoyed the food.

California Grill
La Hacienda de San Angel
Sanaa
The Wave
Raglan Road
Rose and Crown
Garden Grill
’50s Prime Time Cafe
Kona Cafe
Trail’s End

Yeah...
That's more then 5, but these are the ones at the top of the list as to whether I'd really like to go back (and some time soon for that matter). I'll explain the whys if anyone asks specifically, but these are the ones that work for us.

Another interesting list might be those dinning options that you're "supposed" to rank highly for one reason of another, but that just didn't strike your fancy. I've got several of those (and one or two might earn me a bit of grief from some of y'all, even)

Jumping in on the favorite restaurants list, with the caveat that there are many I haven't tried.

1. 50's Prime Time Cafe
2. Yachtsman Steakhouse
3. Boma
4. 'Ohana
5. Turf Club
6. Homecomin'

Le Cellier was #1 until they changed it to a Signature Dining Froo-Froo place. Kona Cafe was up there too until they took the pineapple-teriyaki strip steak off the menu.

Got a few errands to run but then eldest DD and I are heading over to my mom's so she can show us how she makes her "Buche do Noel" (Yule Log).

That might have been the easiest set-up in history.

Actually... Buche de Noel literally translates as Christmas Log, but... we much prefer to refer to it as "The Christmas B*tch".
Another interesting list might be those dinning options that you're "supposed" to rank highly for one reason of another, but that just didn't strike your fancy. I've got several of those (and one or two might earn me a bit of grief from some of y'all, even)
Hmmm... now that could be interesting... I have a couple... hmmm...

1. Harambe Market. Never again.
2. Rainforest Café. Not sure if this really counts as a Disney restaurant since it's a chain, but... just dull uninspired food.
3. Plaza restaurant. Had the meatloaf. Plain and boring.
4. Raglan Road. I liked the show, but was underwhelmed with the food.
5. BOG. This one pains me. I will crawl over broken glass for their French onion soup... but everything else I've had there in the last couple years has been either soggy or swimming in grease.
6. Casey's Corner. Lousy hot dogs... but the corn dog nuggets are good!

Oh, man... that was a tough one. We talked more about giving the first one a sibling more than us wanting one. Plus, there was a certain ticking sound going on in DWs ears...
In the end we decided on a 2nd and we were... shocked.
Everything you figure you know about parenting because you've had one? Forget it. You know nothing. Kids are radically different. Not trying to dissuade you. The differences were sometimes perturbing, sometimes fun, sometimes hilarious, sometimes educational. But it's all good.
Thanks, that's pretty much what I hear from other people too. We also want to have a sibling for our kid more than we necessarily want a second, my DW was an only child and doesn't want that for our son

Well, our first child (daughter) was so easy and laid-back and lots of fun, so we figured they would all be like that. So we got suckered into a second kid, who was a Demon Baby from H-E-Double Hockey Sticks. Then we thought we'd better not do that to ourselves again. Which was a fine idea, except our security measures failed a couple of times and we had a couple whoopsies along the way and ended up with 4 kids.

TL;DR version: Man plans, God laughs.
Well I take it you survived! Good to know in a way. That's what I kinda dread, that the second kid will be way harder than the first

Afternoon gentlemen! Dan - need to call this bad boy. Have a great weekend guys!

I'll join in on the restaurant list, may be more than 5 as there are sooooo many we have eaten at but some not in a bit .........
Boathouse
50's Prime Time
Tutto Italia Ristorante - great servers and we can make a nice dinner on juts the appetizers
Kona
Morimoto Asia
Boma
Edison
Yak & Yeti

Targeting Narcosse's for our June short stay before DCL

Well, I haven't tried all of those... specifically #s 1, 2, 4, 8, and 9. So our lists will be different, but our tastes might not be?

1. Victoria & Albert
2. Takumi Tei (and it was almost #1... very close call)
3. 50s Prime Time - just have too much fun there.
4. Tiffins
5. Cali Grill

Tired, so I might be forgetting something...

We haven't been to Victoria and Albert's yet. my plan was for our 20 year anniversary, but DW nixed that trip. Maybe for out 25.

"I don't have a log." Clark Griswold

Haven't done quite as many as you have (and very few signatures) but I'll certainly play along.
THis lit is mostly based on how much we enjoyed the meal in total. Atmosphere and "The Experiance" plays a part, but it's mostly just how much we enjoyed the food.

California Grill
La Hacienda de San Angel
Sanaa
The Wave
Raglan Road
Rose and Crown
Garden Grill
’50s Prime Time Cafe
Kona Cafe
Trail’s End

Yeah...
That's more then 5, but these are the ones at the top of the list as to whether I'd really like to go back (and some time soon for that matter). I'll explain the whys if anyone asks specifically, but these are the ones that work for us.

Top 5 restaurant flops. Yeah, I can do that list

Jumping in on the favorite restaurants list, with the caveat that there are many I haven't tried.

1. 50's Prime Time Cafe
2. Yachtsman Steakhouse
3. Boma
4. 'Ohana
5. Turf Club
6. Homecomin'

Le Cellier was #1 until they changed it to a Signature Dining Froo-Froo place. Kona Cafe was up there too until they took the pineapple-teriyaki strip steak off the menu.

That might have been the easiest set-up in history.

I liked that steak at Kona too. Hopefully, it was just a seasonal thing and they will bring it back.

Actually... Buche de Noel literally translates as Christmas Log, but... we much prefer to refer to it as "The Christmas B*tch".

Hmmm... now that could be interesting... I have a couple... hmmm...

1. Harambe Market. Never again.
2. Rainforest Café. Not sure if this really counts as a Disney restaurant since it's a chain, but... just dull uninspired food.
3. Plaza restaurant. Had the meatloaf. Plain and boring.
4. Raglan Road. I liked the show, but was underwhelmed with the food.
5. BOG. This one pains me. I will crawl over broken glass for their French onion soup... but everything else I've had there in the last couple years has been either soggy or swimming in grease.
6. Casey's Corner. Lousy hot dogs... but the corn dog nuggets are good!

BoG wasn't that bad for me, but I was under impressed.

Afternoon gentlemen! Dan - need to call this bad boy. Have a great weekend guys!

I'll join in on the restaurant list, may be more than 5 as there are sooooo many we have eaten at but some not in a bit .........
Boathouse
50's Prime Time
Tutto Italia Ristorante - great servers and we can make a nice dinner on juts the appetizers
Kona
Morimoto Asia
Boma
Edison
Yak & Yeti

Targeting Narcosse's for our June short stay before DCL

Narcoossee is good. We've never done 50s prime time because the menu doesn't impress me. I heard the antics are good.

Afternoon, Dads! Busy day in the warehouse shipping stuff all over the world. Just finished getting ready a big pallet of glass, what we call a certain type of float that collects data up to 6000 meters below the surface of the ocean, to be shipped to Singapore. Been to Singapore, nice place. Don't take any gum in though, it'll be confiscated....they literally outlawed gum. With the day almost done I'm looking forward to the weekend. I have a weekend of birthday parties that I have to take my daughter to, that's if she's feeling up to it...stayed home from school because she's sick. Tomorrow night my VFW post is marching in the Christmas parade in the next town. We do it every year and are always at the front of the parade, so when we end I can get out before traffic gets bad. :teeth:

Morning, gents.

Bet it's going to be a big log. :teeth:

Afternoon Gents! Working out of a Starbucks this afternoon. It's helping take the frustration out of working from home if I come out a couple times a week. The weather up in Pittsburgh is bleak and cloudy as always -_- I can't wait until the day we move down to Florida

Top Dreadful Restaurant flops

(1) Citricos - sitting right next to Victoria & Albert's, it promises to be good. Over pretentious and carpy food. Oldest dd ordered braised short ribs off adult menu, and it came with one rib. No one liked their food. We ate the dessert and left.

(2) Shutters - TS at Carribean Beach Resort couldn't cook a steak. Awful.

(3) Cinderella's Royale Table (dinner) - food was so dreadful, we took pictures with princesses and then went and ate somewhere else

(4) Flying Fish - seafood served stinking or plates stinking. Either way, not a good sign. The pistachio creme brulee was soup. Terrible.

Afternoon, Dads! Busy day in the warehouse shipping stuff all over the world. Just finished getting ready a big pallet of glass, what we call a certain type of float that collects data up to 6000 meters below the surface of the ocean, to be shipped to Singapore. Been to Singapore, nice place. Don't take any gum in though, it'll be confiscated....they literally outlawed gum. With the day almost done I'm looking forward to the weekend. I have a weekend of birthday parties that I have to take my daughter to, that's if she's feeling up to it...stayed home from school because she's sick. Tomorrow night my VFW post is marching in the Christmas parade in the next town. We do it every year and are always at the front of the parade, so when we end I can get out before traffic gets bad. :teeth:

Bet it's going to be a big log. :teeth:

Isn't Singapore the country where they do public canings for criminals? Yeah, gum is the least worry.

Afternoon Gents! Working out of a Starbucks this afternoon. It's helping take the frustration out of working from home if I come out a couple times a week. The weather up in Pittsburgh is bleak and cloudy as always -_- I can't wait until the day we move down to Florida

When you get there,.just remember to find me a place in Florida, and a job, and a home. Sounds like a great plan.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter