DDC XXXIV: The Original Home Of The DISDads!!!

Long long ago, when I was much younger, I worked two full time jobs and went through 1 - 1 1/2 bottles of wine a night to knock myself out so I could do it again. One of the reasons I rarely drink anymore.
:scared:
Not sure I could do nights anymore...Around 9pm, I feel like I'm going to turn into a pumpkin if I don't get to bed.
Sleep? What is this sleep you allude to?

Your 2020 Woodward Memorial Tournament Mixed B Doubles Champions. That makes it two consecutive years.

Resized_20200802_111621.jpeg

Not sure if I ever posted the "Memorial" story, but it was named for a young man in his 20s who died from a brain aneurysm. He would have been my age, although, I grew up in a different town and didn't know home. He was on his college tennis team. Following his death, his dad coordinated with local sponsors to do this annual tournament, with proceeds going to the Goodfellows charity. His college roommate, friend, & team tennis player still returns each year (now with his wife and kids) and plays in all the divisions (singles, doubles, mixed), which is 12 matches in 3 days to win. I play tennis with his dad on occasion as a sub in their group, so I play in the tournament as well, and now have my daughter playing in it.

Last edited:

You're 2020 Woodward Memorial Tournament Mixed B Doubles Champions. That makes it two consecutive years.

View attachment 515395

Not sure if I ever posted the "Memorial" story, but it was named for a young man in his 20s who died from a brain aneurysm. He would have been my age, although, I grew up in a different town and didn't know home. He was on his college tennis team. Following his death, his dad coordinated with local sponsors to do this annual tournament, with proceeds going to the Goodfellows charity. His college roommate, friend, & team tennis player still returns each year (now with his wife and kids) and plays in all the divisions (singles, doubles, mixed), which is 12 matches in 3 days to win. I play tennis with his dad on occasion as a sub in their group, so I play in the tournament as well, and now have my daughter playing in it.
Hancock Good Job GIFs | Tenor

Is your daughter your oldest?

Morning guys from a slightly hungover London. I have a large mixing bowl full of pulled pork if anyone fancies coming over for pulled pork hash tonight. Maybe the Chief can utilise his new 7 seater.
My mum came over last night for some dinner at 4 and left at 10, and she is a pacey drinker. I honestly can't see myself turning in the idea that is gonna revolutionise the little brick world today.

You're 2020 Woodward Memorial Tournament Mixed B Doubles Champions. That makes it two consecutive years.
Well done mate and a nice story, turning good out of a tragedy.

I did. Far too much jocularity around here.
It's a fair cop, guv'nor. I'll watch how I represent myself from now on.
Doing pork too. Pork chops. Not nearly as exciting.
I do love a well grilled pork chop. It's the only time I eat mashed potato.

Anyone needs me, I'll be pretending to be productive over here.
Have a lovely Monday guys, and

Morning, Gents! Had a good weekend and now I'm off to start week 2. The attorney I'll be working for, and boss, I guess, was out last week on vacation, so I get to officially meet and work with her for the first time today, so looking forward to that. Otherwise not much to report. Well, have a good day and we'll chat on the other side.

TTFN

Hey guys, not much new to report from me.
I've been getting settled back into working night shift the last few days.
Having a terrible time trying to sleep during the day so far. The first couple days are usually tough for me to adjust, so it's nothing new.

You're a good man for working nights. It'd be tough for me as I'm not much of a night person, but I could do it if I had to.

It is tough on the body.
And I probably don't do it a particularly good way. I only try to take a nap the afternoon before I do a night shift, but I'm not a very good napper. I tend to just suffer through the first shift and hope I can get my sleep pattern sorted out after a couple days.
The only good thing with my long stretch of shift work is that I get used to it and can sleep fairly well for 10 days or so.
I think I would find it harder to switch from days to night and back every few days, but I know a lot of people like @pkondz who do it, so I guess it just depends what you're used to.

I've not had to switch from days to nights, so I'm not sure how I'd handle it, but having long stretches of night shifts is good because you can get use to a rhythm.

Well, I was out of it for a couple days, but I come back to find Dan is rubbing butt and aiming for the small exhaust port.
So glad you guys never change.

:rotfl2:

Happy Saturday evening. Made it thru 3 tennis matches since Friday and we are in the mixed doubles finals tomorrow. Since it's been raining, all the matches have been indoor which has certainly helped. Checked out the other side of the bracket, and tomorrow's match will be a challenge with whoever wins.

:thumbsup2 Good luck.

Glad to hear work is going well. And, someone being there 25 years is a good sign.

It is a good sign, and they really are nice people. I get to meet my new boss today, so looking forward to that.

Morning.

Love it when it's Sunday but Monday is a holiday!!

Have a good one all!

What holiday is it?

Just a reminder/heads up.
For those interested, SpaceX capsule scheduled for splash down in Gulf of Mexico at 14:48EDT (13:48CDT/11:48PDT/18:48UTC)
You can watch it here:
NASA TV

We watched that as it was happening, and I thought everyone on that boat should have been wearing ape costumes as they opened the hatch. 😆

Morning guys from a slightly hungover London. I have a large mixing bowl full of pulled pork if anyone fancies coming over for pulled pork hash tonight. Maybe the Chief can utilise his new 7 seater.
My mum came over last night for some dinner at 4 and left at 10, and she is a pacey drinker. I honestly can't see myself turning in the idea that is gonna revolutionise the little brick world today.

Sounds like you had a good time, and good food. Would love some left over pulled pork, but don't think I could make it in time.

View attachment 515533

Hope you can pull off pretending. :thumbsup2

Last edited:
Morning boys.
Another early morning, but at least I'm getting paid extra today for it since it's a holiday.

I have a large mixing bowl full of pulled pork if anyone fancies coming over for pulled pork hash tonight.
Send over the Lego Lear.
I honestly can't see myself turning in the idea that is gonna revolutionise the little brick world today.
I read that when the Lego store opened in DTD, people were lined up for blocks.
As long as it's not well done. But I find cooking a perfect chop a bit of a challenge. Too little and you die, too much and it's tough.
The attorney I'll be working for, and boss, I guess, was out last week on vacation, so I get to officially meet and work with her for the first time today,
Hopefully she'll turn out to be a good boss to work for.
We watched that as it was happening, and I thought everyone on that boat should have been wearing ape costumes as they opened the hatch. 😆
I'd heard that one. And yeah, would've been good.
I had to laugh when the woman commentator said "Maybe next time we shouldn't announce the landing site ahead of time." (re: all the pleasure boats in the vicinity.)

Hope you can pull off pretending. :thumbsup2
Help me out Jeff, this one has schoolboy humour written all over it
@Terra Nova guy
As long as it's not well done. But I find cooking a perfect chop a bit of a challenge. Too little and you die, too much and it's tough.
have you ever reverse seared them? this is the way I do pork chops, as you get the char and the tenderness.
:thumbsup2
Send over the Lego Lear.
Which one? The gaffer has a hangar full of em. The Duplo one is the most fun.

I honestly can't see myself turning in the idea that is gonna revolutionise the little brick world today.
Don't sell yourself short...you could market disney princess sets and include your Friday calling it quotes with the sets. Dads everywhere would be lining up.

Loved that show.

I watched and it was a touch un-exciting. It was cool from the history aspect, but a whole lot of nothing between significant points.

That would have been funny.

Nice!

I'd heard that one. And yeah, would've been good.
I had to laugh when the woman commentator said "Maybe next time we shouldn't announce the landing site ahead of time." (re: all the pleasure boats in the vicinity.)
I think it was cool...the folks will have something to tell their kids and grandkids. The one commentator said something about them getting too close...when I saw it, they were as far away as the official boats waiting for the recovery ship to come in.

Morning Guys,

Happy New Brunswick Day!

Go ahead and take the day off, tell them I made you an honourary New Brunswicker and you feel in this crazy world we are living in right now, you feel we all need to do our part in celebrating this great province.

Overcast morning hear and I missed my early morning run window. Hope it doesn't get too humid so I can get it in later today.

Have a good one all.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter