DDC XXXIV: The Original Home Of The DISDads!!!

beautiful Fall morning here, too

:thumbsup2

Sounds like a good plan to me, good luck.

It took me long enough to come up with it. Actually, I'm kind of glad I waited, I got what I wanted.

Morning all. 7 more days of sauce production to go. In the meantime, finally some good news. The job will hold my start date to December 2. Apparently, I'm good enough to wait for. Now, just have to see about the retirement/ money thing. Tennis this AM. Have a good day.

They should let you take a case of sauce home with you when you leave. And good news on the job offer waiting for you, that's awesome!

There is something to be said about having a stable, secure job that you enjoy enough to continue working in. I'm not looking for any more challenges at this point. Hopefully, you can get the job as a permanent, and then you have the medical coding thing if you want to make that transition.

And since I made my decision, I feel like a weight has been lifted off my shoulders. It's not what I want with my life, but it's a job I like and it pays the bills. I even like the people I work with, so there's a bonus.

Seems like a sensible plan all around.

:thumbsup2

Okay Hannibal.

I Love It When A Plan Comes Together GIFs - Get the best GIF on GIPHY

hi! so, I started posting on Disboards in 2007. In 2009, I had a trip to All Star Movies, and I remember posting "Winding Down" asking if there was a poolside bar at All Star Movies. (answer: yes)

After that, I found DisDads Thread #3. The Cheese Ball Yak attack - Where FreezinRafiki (Barry) was talking about his road trip where his son ate, then vomited up, a bucket of cheese balls from Sam's club.

There was talk of the extraction team, and an overall sense of Disney, and being a dad.

The FB group is like most FB groups. Memes, jokes, and the occasional question. So, I agree that I miss the "golden age" of Disboards.

Disdads.com is still a thing. There's a weekly podcast and everything.

I was away from my computer at the time. SO, I missed a lot of those goings on. Suddenly, there was a Facebook group, where guys were outside in the snow, with shorts and t-shirts in lawn chairs.

Then, traffic died down here.

And I'm so drama-adverse, that I was under the impression all was well, when in fact, some were harboring grudges over presumed monopolization of logos and dollars, and as was mentioned, it was (apparently) ugly.

NOW - all that said -

I was gifted a 3 night Bay Lake Tower stay this upcoming January!!! It's going to be a kid-free trip, so just the missus and I with a Theme Park view room.

I'm excited about that.

A quick hello to say goodbye, for the weekend. Leaving tomorrow morning to visit with my buddies and do some hiking if the weather holds nice. I may have stopped at the liquor store today to get some post hike refreshments. Well, if the weather turns bad, we’ll have something else to keep us occupied.
I’ll be sure to post some pictures of my wanderings when I get back.
Have a good weekend gents.

A quick hello to say goodbye, for the weekend. Leaving tomorrow morning to visit with my buddies and do some hiking if the weather holds nice. I may have stopped at the liquor store today to get some post hike refreshments. Well, if the weather turns bad, we’ll have something else to keep us occupied.

Have a great time!

Morning, Gents! Well, we finally made it to Friday! Hope everyone had a good week. I had the best day yesterday, and I think it was because I decided to stop looking for work and just be happy with what I have. So, that mean a good day. Now, if I could only say I was happy at the state for allowing me and my family to get on Mass Health, which they denied us because I make too much money. Figures. "Ok," I told my wife, "I'll take the VA route and you and E, our DD, can get on without me. That'll knock down the earnings." Done! I'm not really mad at them, a little annoyed because I make too much money (I guess that's a good thing), but not mad. So she'll try that today and see how that goes. Outside that, we'll all fine. I'm going to try and head out this weekend for some picture taking, you know, giving myself a break from studying. After having our new Fridge for a few months, we're finally going to get the water hooked up to it so it'll make ice and dispense water. YAY! A friend of ours, who's a plumber, is doing the work. He's been holding off because for various reasons, but we're finally getting water hooked up to it! Weeeee! Well, gents, have good day.

Have a good time, Jeff!

Have a great time, Jeff! Looking forward to the photos.

After having our new Fridge for a few months, we're finally going to get the water hooked up to it so it'll make ice and dispense water.

If that's not an exciting weekend, I don't know what to tell you.

Morning all. Same old thing here with another week to escape the sauce. :lmao:

Finally received my letter dated October 9. As they determined this is a "participating employer", then I will be forced to take their employer health insurance or keep retirement insurance and refund them for the employer contribution difference. And who said politicians and bureaucrats are here to help? So, as I don't want to put all my eggs in one basket, I've made some additional applications and have an online interview scheduled for Monday.

Sadly, I can't get DW to plan with me for the future. I'm ready to work for whatever option - beach condo, 2nd country home, etc or just live with her in a camper somewhere warm. She finally admitted that she won't make a decision until our dds are settled. And, since youngest is in HS, that could be 2 or 4 more years. She even through in the grandparent card, which adds even more time. Previously, I worked to get to this point - retirement. Now, I'm working without a reason. It's a lot more difficult.

I love it when a plan comes together.

The A-team. Great show.

And since I made my decision, I feel like a weight has been lifted off my shoulders. It's not what I want with my life, but it's a job I like and it pays the bills. I even like the people I work with, so there's a bonus.

I get that completely, and am hoping to get there myself again.

hi! so, I started posting on Disboards in 2007. In 2009, I had a trip to All Star Movies, and I remember posting "Winding Down" asking if there was a poolside bar at All Star Movies. (answer: yes)

After that, I found DisDads Thread #3. The Cheese Ball Yak attack - Where FreezinRafiki (Barry) was talking about his road trip where his son ate, then vomited up, a bucket of cheese balls from Sam's club.

There was talk of the extraction team, and an overall sense of Disney, and being a dad.

The FB group is like most FB groups. Memes, jokes, and the occasional question. So, I agree that I miss the "golden age" of Disboards.

Disdads.com is still a thing. There's a weekly podcast and everything.

I was away from my computer at the time. SO, I missed a lot of those goings on. Suddenly, there was a Facebook group, where guys were outside in the snow, with shorts and t-shirts in lawn chairs.

Then, traffic died down here.

And I'm so drama-adverse, that I was under the impression all was well, when in fact, some were harboring grudges over presumed monopolization of logos and dollars, and as was mentioned, it was (apparently) ugly.

NOW - all that said -

I was gifted a 3 night Bay Lake Tower stay this upcoming January!!! It's going to be a kid-free trip, so just the missus and I with a Theme Park view room.

I'm excited about that.

BLT is my favorite resort. That's a terrific gift. Enjoy

Enjoy the hiking and have a good weekend.

I will be forced to take their employer health insurance or keep retirement insurance and refund them for the employer contribution difference.
You could negotiate with the employer for a.higher salary and no medical. Then there is no employer contribution to reimburse!
That's what a couple folks I know who retired from the military do. Since they have medical, they waive that with employer in lieu of higher salary.

I just chatted with a cast member from WDW about how upgrading park tickets worked historically.

So, I mention I'm a crazy Disney fan, and her response was "We're all mad here."

Like, That's flat out owning your job. It was great!

But - bottom line, historically, if you asked, you could move the cost of the memory maker pre-order onto the purchase of the annual pass, if you upgraded. BUT - you had to remember to ask to do that.

With no guarantees that AP upgrades will be available in January, I've elected to NOT pre-order MM, and then, pay the $199 instead of $179, if we decide to get it. I'd rather pay the extra $30 at the time of, vs trying to save the $30, but losing $170 that cannot be moved over.

It's unprecedented. I get that. But with trips starting Jan 11, of 2021, a trip in March, September, and Jan of 2022 (8-10), this is the year an Annual Pass could actually make sense for me!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter