DDC XXXIV: The Original Home Of The DISDads!!!

Morning, Gents! Well, we made it to the top of the week and now it's a downhill slide from here. Not much is going on except that my boss continues to confuse and befuddles me. Well, have a good day, gents, and we'll chat later.

TTFN

Morning folks.
What’s this “sleep” I keep hearing about. Wouldn’t have minded trying it last night.

It's something all the cool kids are doing.

No. Dentist yesterday. He found I’d broken part of a molar. So... dentist today to fix it. Then again, who doesn’t love needles in their mouth?

Eeeww. Sorry to hear that.

Good news indeed!

Yes it is. Thanks.
Morning, fellas. Work has been nuts lately so I haven't had much time to stop by and dish out my usual nonsense wisdom. Hope you're all doing well.

Welcome back. Busy work is a good thing. Right?

You hadn’t heard? You were voted out in your absence.

Wait! So I wasn't supposed to welcome him back? Ooops! :rotfl2:

Mice do not have platelets, so when they bite into the steel wool, it cuts their mouths up and they bleed out.
View attachment 534913

Good reason not to like steel wool.

Naaaa...
My requisition request for the drop-cable was denied.

I actually travel home for lunch, so being able to take a bit longer break allows me time to try and check in here. While at the office...

Not so much.

Nice! I had that option once...it was nice.

When I was younger, the notion of not surviving might have been appealing, but I've been working on fighting that tendency more recently.

I think we were all like that when we were younger.

NASA, possibly so...

But this venture is being put forth by a for-profit business concern.
So long as the balance sheet looks good and the investors and making coin, I don't foresee such an institution being overly concerned about something as trivial as a survival rate.

This is true...didn't think about it from that angle.

Hey guys

So, good news bad news day for me.
Bad news. I’ve been told to stand down from work, things have slowed down once again (stupid oil price), so I’ll miss out on at least the next weeks pay or more. I’ll be told when I’m needed back. Hopefully when, not if.
Good news is that I now have the day off for my birthday tomorrow. Not sure what I’ll do. Nothing planned since I was supposed to be working night shift and everybody else in the family is busy with work, school, and dance class. I might try to get out for a hike but the weather has turned cold and wet here somaybenot even that. Could do a Mandalorian marathon since the new season is out Friday.

Happy Birthday! Sorry to hear about work. May it pick back up soon.

Of all the things I learned in grade school, trying to avoid cooties was the last one I expected to use later in life
Shared this with a few folks. Hilarious.

You hadn’t heard? You were voted out in your absence
You guys aren't organized enough to pull that off.
He has a point, but then again enough of us will be at DDCC....

Every year?!?
Yeah. Amazing, right?
:darth: impressive....most impressive.

Cj and the Ghost of Cj
Wish I'd gotten the chance to meet him. :sad:

Good news is that I now have the day off for my birthday tomorrow.
Sorry about the bad news, but happy birthday...hope it's a good one. 🎂

I would trust one of the Dads and probably the rental sites, not sure about the General disboards.
I've rented to @pkondz and Ron (disneycommando...his username won't pull up for me). If you decide (or DW agrees), give me a shout. Also told you you can stay with us to conserve money...30 min from parks, but no FP benefits, BUT the price is amazing.

On a totally different note, heard in the radio this morning the FotLK folks were let go. Best show on property IMHO and very :sad: to hear that.

Welcome to the midweek point.

Beware the camel in the tent - Mawer

Morning all. Nothing new from me. It's been awhile since I've been in the clinical arena, and the paperwork approval process has dramatically increased. So, I may not be working until next year.

When I checked my bank account this AM, the retirement check hadn't posted. After my heart returned to normal beating, I checked the website. The day the check posts changes each month - 28, 29, 26, etc. Well, I guess that explains why our public education system is what it is.

Watched the Dodgers win the World Series, or perhaps Ray's lose the game. The Ray's manager made a terrible decision, pulling their starting pitcher in the 6th after 9Ks and a low pitch count.

That's it from me. You all gave a great day.

I own DVC, after far too many years of not owning. I still rent points when it suits our vacation needs better. That said, does anybody else cruise the rent/trade board, looking for a deal in a "just in case" basis, or is it just me?

I've only rented to Carl, but never rented from anyone. I considered renting and/or being a travel agent but decided against it.

Mice do not have platelets, so when they bite into the steel wool, it cuts their mouths up and they bleed out.
View attachment 534913

Thank you for the education today.

Hey guys

Bad news. I’ve been told to stand down from work, things have slowed down once again (stupid oil price), so I’ll miss out on at least the next weeks pay or more. I’ll be told when I’m needed back. Hopefully when, not if.
Good news is that I now have the day off for my birthday tomorrow. Not sure what I’ll do. Nothing planned since I was supposed to be working night shift and everybody else in the family is busy with work, school, and dance class.

Sorry to hear about the job. Happy birthday though.

Shared this with a few folks. Hilarious.

I've rented to @pkondz and Ron (disneycommando...his username won't pull up for me). If you decide (or DW agrees), give me a shout. Also told you you can stay with us to conserve money...30 min from parks, but no FP benefits, BUT the price is amazing.

Sure, you keep saying that until my camper appears in your front yard.

Good news is that I now have the day off for my birthday tomorrow. Not sure what I’ll do. Nothing planned since I was supposed to be working night shift and everybody else in the family is busy with work, school, and dance class. I might try to get out for a hike but the weather has turned cold and wet here somaybenot even that. Could do a Mandalorian marathon since the new season is out Friday.

Ugh. I'm sorry, Jeff. I hope this round passes quickly. (now I'm making it sound like a kidney stone)

Hope you have a great birthday anyway!

Well, some guy with an enormous schwanzschtücker has been borrowing her thoughts as of late.

My favorite part of watching that movie the first time was laughing at the blind monk scene and then going, "Wait, is that Gene Hackman??"

Welcome back. Busy work is a good thing. Right?

Always better to be busy than bored.

On a totally different note, heard in the radio this morning the FotLK folks were let go. Best show on property IMHO and very :sad: to hear that.

Brutal. Sounds like the Nemo show and Hollywood performers were hit too.

The Ray's manager made a terrible decision, pulling their starting pitcher in the 6th after 9Ks and a low pitch count.

That was the same kind of "follow the numbers" decision that got the last Phillies manager run out of town. Just nonsensical.

Watched the Dodgers win the World Series, or perhaps Ray's lose the game. The Ray's manager made a terrible decision, pulling their starting pitcher in the 6th after 9Ks and a low pitch count.
I’m not a fan of either team, but I watched the game anyway. I was stunned by that decision, especially with the pitcher doing well. I think the Manager did the same thing in the wild card round against the Blue Jays (didn’t help the Jays then, but didn’t make sense either)

I hope this round passes quickly. (now I'm making it sound like a kidney stone)
It has similarities to passing a kidney stone.
I guess you could say the same about this whole year.

What do I do in retirement? I don't wait to 5 because I'm a pirate, and they're more like guidelines anyway.

20201028_110207.jpg

DW offered to hire me as her secretary as the one she has is quitting. I doubt management will go for it, but it is thru a temp service, so who knows.

That was the same kind of "follow the numbers" decision that got the last Phillies manager run out of town. Just nonsensical.

But how do you go against the numbers of 9Ks? Momentum has to count.

I’m not a fan of either team, but I watched the game anyway. I was stunned by that decision, especially with the pitcher doing well. I think the Manager did the same thing in the wild card round against the Blue Jays (didn’t help the Jays then, but didn’t make sense either)

I wasn't a fan of either team. Just bored.

Hay y'all
Already raining here and Zeta will be bringing a bunch more to these parts in the near. May the folks down on the Gulf Coast see the thing pass over quickly.

We put together a passel of Trick-or-Treat bags, but have no idea how many or if any of the local young'en will be out. If we end up with a bunch left over I may need to mail them off to some of y'all.

And a Happy Birthday to Jeff.

I think we were all like that when we were younger.
True; most young'ens are fairly reckless.

I was of a mind of indifference at the time. If something took me down , then that would mean that I didn't have to actually do it myself. Having to decide on pretty much a daily bases whether on not attempting to get through the blackness of that day was worse then the possibility of not having any more days can be exhausting.

Well, even if you have enough to constitute a quorum, do you honestly think that all y'all will be sober enough, long enough to pull off a procedural vote?

When I checked my bank account this AM, the retirement check hadn't posted. After my heart returned to normal beating, I checked the website. The day the check posts changes each month - 28, 29, 26, etc. Well, I guess that explains why our public education system is what it is.
My previous overlords did that same thing with their monthly payroll. It was more of an accounting trick. The deposit day for checks and ACHs was defined as: "The day before the last legal US banking day of the calendar month". Sometimes that would mean the 29th or 30th, but with weekends and/or holidays worked into the process it could at times be as early as the 26th (which meant an even longer stint until the next one).

My favorite part of watching that movie the first time was laughing at the blind monk scene and then going, "Wait, is that Gene Hackman??"
That's a good moment, to be sure.
The one that still elicits an out loud laugh from me is the first time "The Monster" sings (or hollers, if you will):

"Poo--tmmm anngh ma Riiiiizzzz!"

Also a truism.
But I'll take boredom over unemployment.

Brutal. Sounds like the Nemo show and Hollywood performers were hit too.
Now - that...
is a painfully sad thing to hear.

It has similarities to passing a kidney stone.
I guess you could say the same about this whole year.
2020 - Exploring the many facets of the word: Stoned.

It's something all the cool kids are doing.
The well rested cool kids?
Eeeww. Sorry to hear that.
Wasn't too bad. And it's done now.
Rob beat me to it...
Oh, no. Really? :( That's a real shame.
We put together a passel of Trick-or-Treat bags, but have no idea how many or if any of the local young'en will be out.
I hear that.
I asked my neighbour's kid and his two friends what they were doing.
I got three separate answers!
"I'm going out, but only to a few houses."
"I'm not going out and none of my friends are either."
"I'm going out and all my friends are too."

So... I think that's a net loss, but not zero, either.
The one that still elicits an out loud laugh from me is the first time "The Monster" sings (or hollers, if you will):

Yes! :thumbsup2

Afternoon and happy half way mark guys. Head out tomorrow morning to visit with DD and hoping the rain we are getting from Zeta doesn't mess with flight as the path of this storm lines up with our flight path. Tough news yesterday about all the actors at DaWorld yesterday but unfortunately can't say it was a surprise. Stay safe out there guys!

Again, HAppy Birthday Jeff! Mandalorian marathon sounds like a winner
What do I do in retirement? I don't wait to 5 because I'm a pirate, and they're more like guidelines anyway.

View attachment 535102

Nice stick and good beer - you have better taste than one would think for someone who hangs with this bunch

Morning, Gents! Hope all is well. Well...I've got nothing except that we're due to get the rain from Zeta starting today and into tomorrow. Thankfully by the time it gets up here it'll just be rain, and yes, wind, but not tropical wind which I'm thankful for. We had a tropical storm blow through here back in 2007 and dump a tree into the house, and ever since then I get skittish when there's high winds. Well, there you have it. Have a good day, gents, and we'll chat throughout.

TTFN

Morning all. Nothing new from me. It's been awhile since I've been in the clinical arena, and the paperwork approval process has dramatically increased. So, I may not be working until next year.

I hate paperwork. So glad it you and not me.

Well that's annoying.

Yep.

View attachment 535102

Good choice of beer.

DW offered to hire me as her secretary as the one she has is quitting. I doubt management will go for it, but it is thru a temp service, so who knows.

At least you'd know who'd be working for and what they like and dislike.

Hay y'all
Already raining here and Zeta will be bringing a bunch more to these parts in the near. May the folks down on the Gulf Coast see the thing pass over quickly.

May Zeta blow over quickly and without incident. We're due to start getting the rain this afternoon I believe.

We put together a passel of Trick-or-Treat bags, but have no idea how many or if any of the local young'en will be out. If we end up with a bunch left over I may need to mail them off to some of y'all.

This year's Halloween will be interesting to be sure. My DD's school is doing Trunk-or-Treating in the parking lot this Saturday, and they want candy handed out by tongs. I'm sure I have an extra grill tong or two laying around

True; most young'ens are fairly reckless.

I was of a mind of indifference at the time. If something took me down , then that would mean that I didn't have to actually do it myself. Having to decide on pretty much a daily bases whether on not attempting to get through the blackness of that day was worse then the possibility of not having any more days can be exhausting.

I knew some kids back in high school that were pretty reckless. I'm honestly surprised they survived high school. For me, I wasn't as reckless, but there were times I didn't think before leaping.

Well, even if you have enough to constitute a quorum, do you honestly think that all y'all will be sober enough, long enough to pull off a procedural vote?

Maybe no sober enough, but they can sure try it. :drinking1

The well rested cool kids?

I'm not sure about "rested," but...sure.

Wasn't too bad. And it's done now.

Did they offer you a lollypop? :teeth:

Rob beat me to it...

Afternoon and happy half way mark guys. Head out tomorrow morning to visit with DD and hoping the rain we are getting from Zeta doesn't mess with flight as the path of this storm lines up with our flight path. Tough news yesterday about all the actors at DaWorld yesterday but unfortunately can't say it was a surprise. Stay safe out there guys!

Hope your flight isn't delayed, or cancelled.

For Pete's sake.

Did no-one hear me knocking on the basement door?

On the positive side, being locked in the Disdad basement, I should have lost a ton of weight, but I found the stores.

Oh, and on a completely different note, we need more Rum. And Pretzels. And Reece's pieces.

Oh that's what that sound was?! I was wondering where that banging was coming from. I was beginning to wonder where you were, dude. How have things been?

(Adds rum, pretzels and Reece's Pieces to the shopping list)

For Pete's sake.

On the positive side, being locked in the Disdad basement, I should have lost a ton of weight, but I found the stores.

Oh, and on a completely different note, we need more Rum. And Pretzels. And Reece's pieces.

On this side of the pond you just have to turn the door knob the other way, we were just waiting to see how long it would take you to figure it out. A bunch of us have just been watching, drinking and laughing at your attempts to open the door for weeks now.

Last edited:
But how do you go against the numbers of 9Ks? Momentum has to count.

Absolutely. The numbers might say that a pitcher gets hit harder the third time through the lineup. But when you have a pitcher throwing that well...don't overthink it. Just let him do his thing.

If we end up with a bunch left over I may need to mail them off to some of y'all.

Dibs on Reese's, Kit Kats, and Crunch bars.

Oh, sure. That's the show-stopper.

For Pete's sake.

Why is the rum always gone?

For Pete's sake.

:welcome: WELCOME TO THE DISDAD'S CLUB londontime! :welcome:

You have been added to The Official DISDad Members List on Page 1, Posts 8 & 9!:thumbsup2

Your Official Member Number is #818!

To see where else you can find the DISDads on the internet, please check out Post 3 on Page One!

If you would like anything added to Page One about yourself, please send me a PM. FYI, I do not add anything to page one about you without your permission.[/CENTER]

Last edited:
Another cold day made worse by the rain. Is it summer yet?

My previous overlords did that same thing with their monthly payroll. It was more of an accounting trick. The deposit day for checks and ACHs was defined as: "The day before the last legal US banking day of the calendar month". Sometimes that would mean the 29th or 30th, but with weekends and/or holidays worked into the process it could at times be as early as the 26th (which meant an even longer stint until the next one).

Sadly, it's even worse. Maybe that was the reason, but mine actually wrote out the months and days, in paragraph form, and placed on the website. However, since Friday is the 30th, why couldn't we have been paid on Friday? I pictured a large conference room, expensively decorated, with lots of high level managers sitting around, arbitrarily selecting random days to justify their salaries.

Nice stick and good beer - you have better taste than one would think for someone who hangs with this bunch

I still manage to surprise myself.

For Pete's sake.

Was that you? I thought it was the furnace, and it wasn't the right holiday movie to fight with it yet.

This year's Halloween will be interesting to be sure. My DD's school is doing Trunk-or-Treating in the parking lot this Saturday, and they want candy handed out by tongs. I'm sure I have an extra grill tong or two laying around

If they get enough players, we will do a Halloween day fast n furious tennis tournament. I think it was invitational, now, it is begging. Either way, we aren't giving out candy this year. It's not because of COVID, but my dds don't want to open the door and I'm too lazy.

CENTER]:welcome: WELCOME TO THE DISDAD'S CLUB! :welcome:

You have been added to The Official DISDad Members List on Page 1, Posts 8 & 9!:thumbsup2

Your Official Member Number is #818!

To see where else you can find the DISDads on the internet, please check out Post 3 on Page One!

If you would like anything added to Page One about yourself, please send me a PM. FYI, I do not add anything to page one about you without your permission.

Never. Gets. Old.

:lmao::rotfl::lmao:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts