DDC XXXIV: The Original Home Of The DISDads!!!

Not much to report from Day 2 of furlough #2.
Had our first dusting of snow overnight. Thankfully it melted away by mid-morning.
I did get out for a quick walk this morning and I have to say I really do enjoy the crisp air.
Until it comes time for shovelling. Then I’m over it.

We put together a passel of Trick-or-Treat bags, but have no idea how many or if any of the local young'en will be out. If we end up with a bunch left over I may need to mail them off to some of y'all.
As far as I can tell, it seems like things will be fairly normal around here for Halloween. My youngest is going out trick or treating. I’ll hand out treats. I’ll probably wear gloves and a mask just because. Might make it part of my annual Darth Vader costume. But our cases have been pretty low and the only ones we’ve had are travel related. So fairly low risk in the community.

Did no-one hear me knocking on the basement door?
I thought it was a raccoon.
Either way the pretzels and Reese’s pieces would be gone.

Always nice to have you stop by Dan.

Another cold day made worse by the rain. Is it summer yet?
I suppose a cold day with rain is better than a cold day with snow. But I do miss summer too.
I’m surprised how quick the weather turned up here. Just last week we had mild weather and I sat on my deck in a T-shirt. This morning I wore gloves and a wool hat on my walk.

Morning, folks.
Didn't get called in early today, so just a regular ol' 8 hour day.

We heard you, so we pushed the chesterfield up against it.
Oh, and on a completely different note, we need more Rum. And Pretzels. And Reece's pieces.
We moved those to the pantry, so the riffraff in the basement wouldn't eat it all.
Did they offer you a lollypop? :teeth:
No! :headache:
On this side of the pond you just have to turn the door knob the other way
:lmao:
5CA3EE6F-F523-4107-843C-9537C249F443.jpeg
Saw that....
One more day to the Mandalorian!
Done that twice already. And yes.... I'm over it.

For Pete's sake.

Dave Edmunds heard you, but he said you couldn't come in.
Who are we to argue the point.

May Zeta blow over quickly and without incident. We're due to start getting the rain this afternoon I believe.
It's been a rather blustery day but the rain was only moderate. The bulk of the storm ended up about 20 miles to the northwest. Hopefully, y'all didn't encounter too many problems.

Dibs on Reese's, Kit Kats, and Crunch bars.
Ok, let me jot that down...
Mark get all the Mary-Janes, Rolos and Candy Corn

Got it.

Why is the rum always gone?
Apparently, because we keep locking Dan in the basement.

I’ll hand out treats. I’ll probably wear gloves and a mask just because. Might make it part of my annual Darth Vader costume.
Now there's a viable method for mixing protocols with a bit of fun.
Now I just need to acquire a Vader costume.

Or maybe a Mandolorian one.
This is the way.

Whoa...
For you those are about as rare as hen's teeth.
With an omen of that caliber, I do hope you went out a bought a lottery ticket.

Morning, Gents! Hope all is well. Not much to report today. Have a good day, and we'll chat later.

TTFN

Another cold day made worse by the rain. Is it summer yet?

I like winter, not as much as spring and summer, but I do like it. This year, however, I feel is going to be different. I already feel the need for summer and we haven't even had out first snow yet. So I'm right there with ya.

Sadly, it's even worse. Maybe that was the reason, but mine actually wrote out the months and days, in paragraph form, and placed on the website. However, since Friday is the 30th, why couldn't we have been paid on Friday? I pictured a large conference room, expensively decorated, with lots of high level managers sitting around, arbitrarily selecting random days to justify their salaries.

I imagine a bunch of big fat guys sitting around a large conference room table smoking cigars and drinking liquor and laughing as they make decision about the lives of the little people.

If they get enough players, we will do a Halloween day fast n furious tennis tournament. I think it was invitational, now, it is begging. Either way, we aren't giving out candy this year. It's not because of COVID, but my dds don't want to open the door and I'm too lazy.

So it's now the Begging Invitational, or the Invitational Begging tournament? I hope you guys get enough people to show up to have some kind of tournament. I like handing out candy and seeing all the little ones in their costumes. The little ones are so cute when they say "Trick-or-Treat!" then they hold up their bags and look at you hoping to get something good.

Not much to report from Day 2 of furlough #2.
Had our first dusting of snow overnight. Thankfully it melted away by mid-morning.
I did get out for a quick walk this morning and I have to say I really do enjoy the crisp air.

Sorry for the furlough, hope it doesn't last long. Getting out and walking is good. I didn't do that when I was let go from my jobs, well, I did in the beginning back in 2019. Actually, it was winter so I didn't go out and walk, but I did jump into cleaning and organizing....that didn't last long when I discovered my big comfy chair was calling my name...along with the TV remote. 😜

I suppose a cold day with rain is better than a cold day with snow. But I do miss summer too.
I’m surprised how quick the weather turned up here. Just last week we had mild weather and I sat on my deck in a T-shirt. This morning I wore gloves and a wool hat on my walk.

Its been mild here, too. Today's supposed to be colder, but I wonder when it's really going to hit.

Morning, folks.

:thumbsup2

We heard you, so we pushed the chesterfield up against it.

:rotfl2:

Saw that....

I am SO looking forward to the next season of the Mandalorian!

It's been a rather blustery day but the rain was only moderate. The bulk of the storm ended up about 20 miles to the northwest. Hopefully, y'all didn't encounter too many problems.

It got blustery last night, thankfully tree dropping wind blustery, but blustery nonetheless. It's supposed to continue raining through mid-morning I believe...but we'll see.

Happy Friday!!

Had the winter tires put on all three vehicles last night and this morning we have our first morning of below freezing temps. At least it's not snow so I can handle that.

Another day of a virtual conference today, wondering if this is the new normal.

Have a good one all.

I like the variety of having all 4 seasons. But if winter ended a month or two sooner, I'd be ok with that.

As far as I can tell, it seems like things will be fairly normal around here for Halloween. My youngest is going out trick or treating. I’ll hand out treats. I’ll probably wear gloves and a mask just because. Might make it part of my annual Darth Vader costume. But our cases have been pretty low and the only ones we’ve had are travel related. So fairly low risk in the community.

I think we're having normal trick-or-treating in our neighborhood. We'll probably have everyone wearing masks and make sure everyone washes their hands before diving into the candy bowl, but otherwise I don't think it'll be a big deal.

I suppose a cold day with rain is better than a cold day with snow.

Snow is a rare enough event here that I feel completely the opposite. If it's cold, give me snow. Cold rain just makes me miserable.

:woohoo:party::jumping1:

Done that twice already. And yes.... I'm over it.

Wow....it hasn't even hit the freezing point here. Yet.

Mark get all the Mary-Janes, Rolos and Candy Corn

Got it.

Candy corn....

pzgIp0QWzANucTOeN16M0bJp2S-MOswc6PUBc6wITV_GX8iYkEaITlleoD2Mpy8jMz1xddPxZfM7RKaRKu8yfmbwAKujHhpOJMrtWhlAsvQ2UZUogiq5MCLKOFRhHqlrGBmNVV73kcckB_AB8wdFX8fTOoB8Jg1KerP-NtdP2_ImUbrvGmk8Jw6nLV5gkcEmkdKXQbPi77_S3xOemFaj8WzcMgDDr5ecuSErn99x46BaEehhj3Y4O5gNDRdo3TOKtn_8is7-ByfJ5fNHrTbfGapRO1xPaXIyHVwIJ0Pzx58ZmhwrJkyhMLtjV4yUO9tE5nJrlZdtxQlQvQctcy9kyr1gqOy_qcnMwuMHy0z7zv9qjJi6ybhXYFObMjlzand0ysv_bbEdcCsTGkczXOvx6575gvRfzoXO-wdyrgLlqgW01Ee0sxrijGttgFIfuUuu9IvyA_FKEy6sewDLfXHiBhY-Z_alTn9SWitFMc6q-vGDyL8bfYs6S0bUkTSkaMSnq5YKMCxtsd5WZcBBKwUo1KuEUy6j5RJLeAXiDLPYzZeSG5M9qHz89dCD8WG-cpdvYUJLrOamXUXZuAn4CdEYKkxTsv9T6IM2zM71uTsWRlRq3118Z8Ud77BwsKxCXJhSHhTir3_9s_JSM07wzOSxQovnE0crMyVfOJnEMM6e6W06JAiLFEawHVSfqB5D=w66-h34-no

Another day of a virtual conference today, wondering if this is the new normal.

Don't say such things!

I like the variety of having all 4 seasons. But if winter ended a month or two sooner, I'd be ok with that.

So do I, I love my 4 seasons, but if I had to pick a favorite season it'd have to be Spring. It use to be Fall, but Spring has since won out as my favorite season.

I think we're having normal trick-or-treating in our neighborhood. We'll probably have everyone wearing masks and make sure everyone washes their hands before diving into the candy bowl, but otherwise I don't think it'll be a big deal.

I'm planning a regular trick-or-treating in my neighborhood as a just-in-case measure. One never knows who will show up asking for treats.

Snow is a rare enough event here that I feel completely the opposite. If it's cold, give me snow. Cold rain just makes me miserable.

I grew up in New Mexico, and while we'd get snow in the winter, it was usually 2-3 times a winter and that would be it. As a result, I love, Love, LOVE a good snow storm. That being said, I've been out here in Massachusetts 22 years now, have gotten to the point where I'd like a few small snowstorms, or 1 big one, then I'm ready for Spring.

Happy Friday. Supposed to start my new job on Monday, but I still haven't received a permission letter from the retirement board. Maybe it will arrive today or tomorrow, unlikely. So, I'll ask them Monday how they want to proceed. I'm fine working off the books for a month if they are. There really isn't a training orientation, just Licensure Board paperwork approvals. I guess I will just review histories and consult until everything is approved. It's no weekends and 20 PTO days a year, plus holidays. That sounds a whole lot better than 19/2.

I think I would take a cold day in snow over a cold day in rain. We don't get the ocean blow over effect here, so it just seems like it rained all day. At least the snow is pretty to look at, especially when the sun is out.

Now I just need to acquire a Vader costume.

This is the way.

Never been a fan of the mask/ outfit costumes. But, the mandalorian would be cool, especially if you get all the weapons that go with it.

So it's now the Begging Invitational, or the Invitational Begging tournament? I hope you guys get enough people to show up to have some kind of tournament.

It looks like it. They have filled it up now, so we are good to play.
It's something fun to do, well, fun for me.

I'd take summer all year round. If I can convince DW to get a 2nd place, the furthest we are likely to get in the Destin area, so we still get all 4 seasons.

Morning folks.
Hope you're all set for Halloween tomorrow, whatever that means to you this year.
I am quite confident that I will have a lot of leftover chocolate bars.

I'm okay with that.

I am SO looking forward to the next season of the Mandalorian!
::yes::
But I'm not sure if I'll get to it tonight. Definitely not tomorrow. Maybe Sunday? Maybe?
Had the winter tires put on all three vehicles last night
I first read that as you put on three winter tires. On one vehicle. That would make things interesting.
I think I'd prefer snow to rain, even though you don't have to shovel rain.
Wow....it hasn't even hit the freezing point here. Yet.
It hasn't gotten above the freezing point for a week here. But it is supposed to climb up around 50-55F in a few days. (10-13C)
So do I, I love my 4 seasons, but if I had to pick a favorite season it'd have to be Spring. It use to be Fall, but Spring has since won out as my favorite season.
I don't have a fave.
More like. "Huh. So it's this now."
I'm planning a regular trick-or-treating in my neighborhood as a just-in-case measure. One never knows who will show up asking for treats.
Yup. Why I'm stocked up. But pretty sure numbers will be down anyways.
As a result, I love, Love, LOVE a good snow storm.
I do too! Just... not the shoveling that comes after.
Never been a fan of the mask/ outfit costumes. But, the mandalorian would be cool, especially if you get all the weapons that go with it.

Happy Friday. Supposed to start my new job on Monday, but I still haven't received a permission letter from the retirement board. Maybe it will arrive today or tomorrow, unlikely. So, I'll ask them Monday how they want to proceed. I'm fine working off the books for a month if they are. There really isn't a training orientation, just Licensure Board paperwork approvals. I guess I will just review histories and consult until everything is approved. It's no weekends and 20 PTO days a year, plus holidays. That sounds a whole lot better than 19/2.

Hope you get the permission soon, my friend.

It looks like it. They have filled it up now, so we are good to play.
It's something fun to do, well, fun for me.

:thumbsup2 Fun, yes, but you also get exercise along the way.

I'd take summer all year round. If I can convince DW to get a 2nd place, the furthest we are likely to get in the Destin area, so we still get all 4 seasons.

I couldn't do summer all year round, even though I do like it. I like variety.

Morning folks.
Hope you're all set for Halloween tomorrow, whatever that means to you this year.

I'm okay with that.

I'll swing by the store and pick up some extra candy tonight just in case. I know we're doing the Trunk-or-Treat at my DD's school tomorrow morning, so we'll use the candy then for sure.

::yes::
But I'm not sure if I'll get to it tonight. Definitely not tomorrow. Maybe Sunday? Maybe?

My DW doesn't want my DMiL to cook, so we'll be over there for dinner tonight as my wife will be cooking. So I'll catch it tomorrow morning.

I don't have a fave.
More like. "Huh. So it's this now."

I like variety, so I really like the different seasons....except for dead of winter when there's no snow on the ground and everything is dead.

Yup. Why I'm stocked up. But pretty sure numbers will be down anyways.

I do too! Just... not the shoveling that comes after.

There was one year when we had back to back blizzards for 3 weeks straight. We were running out of places to put the snow. The snow had gotten so high I had to have a neighbor with a bobcat push the snow away from the driveway just so I could put more snow there. The plus side to that was we had a built in sledding for my DD

My DW doesn't want my DMiL to cook, so we'll be over there for dinner tonight as my wife will be cooking. So I'll catch it tomorrow morning.
DW not a fan?
I like variety, so I really like the different seasons....except for dead of winter when there's no snow on the ground and everything is dead.
No snow???
There was one year when we had back to back blizzards for 3 weeks straight
Holy crap! Nope!
We were running out of places to put the snow.
Had that a few times. Couple years ago. I couldn’t throw the snow any night or farther.
The plus side to that was we had a built in sledding for my DD

Happy Halloween gents. It should be an interesting one. Forecast is for temps a couple degrees below freezing around here. It will be the coldest Halloween I can remember in years. I’m glad I’m past the point of having to walk around with the kids. DD13 is going out with her friends but they are far too cool to have dad tag along. I think they’ll be far too cold too. I’ll be happy enough being indoors handing out an occasional bag of chips.

This is the way.
am SO looking forward to the next season of the Mandalorian!
I watched the new episode yesterday. I won’t spoil but wow! Really good. Especially the character reveal at the end.

Had the winter tires put on all three vehicles last night and this morning we have our first morning of below freezing temps.
Ugh. You’ve reminded me I need to get that done.
I used to do it myself until a few years ago when I decided I’m too old for that *stuff*. I’d be sore for a couple days after. I’ll gladly pay someone to do manual labour now.

Cold rain does make me miserable. But shoveling snow makes me even more miserable. And we rarely get light snowfalls in these parts.

I'm okay with that.
That’s one of the benefits of Halloween. Always make sure to buy too much so you have leftovers.
I might also sift through DDs candy bag to pick out stuff she doesn’t like (anything with nuts). Peanut butter cups are like gold.

There was one year when we had back to back blizzards for 3 weeks straight. We were running out of places to put the snow.
I can relate to this all too well. Nearly every year by the time we get to February I’m trying to figure out where to put the darn stuff.

Ugh. You’ve reminded me I need to get that done.
I used to do it myself until a few years ago when I decided I’m too old for that *stuff*. I’d be sore for a couple days after. I’ll gladly pay someone to do manual labour now.

We don't have winter rims so I can't do it myself. If I ever get around to buying some I'll probably do the changeover myself.

Happy Halloween, Gents! Bit chilly this morning, but nothing a couple of extra layers can't handle. I'll be at my DD's school doing Trunk-or-Treat starting around 10 am, and I've even decided to dress up for it. This year I'm going in the best costume ever: The Awesome Dad! (as the words echo for effect) That's right, I'm going as The Awesome Dad! Can't get any better than that. :teeth: As yesterday came to a close, I've come to the realization that because my boss ha me working on this project where I electronically move floor stock to a location in the system to an actual location, I'm in jeopardy of not getting my cycle counting done before inventory in 2 weeks. So I'm going to have to put in some serious overtime to accomplish this. I'm already going in a 1/2 hour early, now I'm going to have to make it a full hour early, and even stay late. I just have too much to do in the next 2 weeks. I've even got next weekend booked off at the wonderful all inclusive resort known as work. Yep, I'll be working the next 2 weeks straight, maybe 3. Just too much to get done. This cycle counting is taking longer than expected. Oh well, great for my paycheck, right? Have a great day, Gents.

I was going to add a before picture for my No Shave November, but when I try and orientate the picture so it's not on the side it won't load, so ya'll have to wait to see the before and after.

DW not a fan?

Not really. She'll watch it, but it's not her cup of tea. She's more of a Star Trek fan, which I am as well, but even then if it's between that and Law & Order, she'll choose Law & Order every time.

No snow???

There have been times when it's snowed very little, like last year, or even when the bulk of the snow melts but leaves the dirty stuff piled on the side of the road

Holy crap! Nope!

That was a tough year. We were snowed in at the house for 4 days because we couldn't get out. Finally the town came through the neighborhood with a front-end loader and a dump truck to dig us out. I think the last snow pile in Boston finally melted away in July of that year. I'm afraid we're due for another bad winter.

Had that a few times. Couple years ago. I couldn’t throw the snow any night or farther.

Sucks when that happens, but that's mother nature.

Happy Halloween gents. It should be an interesting one. Forecast is for temps a couple degrees below freezing around here. It will be the coldest Halloween I can remember in years. I’m glad I’m past the point of having to walk around with the kids. DD13 is going out with her friends but they are far too cool to have dad tag along. I think they’ll be far too cold too. I’ll be happy enough being indoors handing out an occasional bag of chips.

That's pretty cold. It's supposed to be in the high 30's/low 40's here, but we don't do the entire neighborhood, just a few houses along our street, so it wouldn't be too bad.

I watched the new episode yesterday. I won’t spoil but wow! Really good. Especially the character reveal at the end.

Watched it this morning. WOW! LOVED it!

I can relate to this all too well. Nearly every year by the time we get to February I’m trying to figure out where to put the darn stuff.

We don't have that every year, but when it happens it gets tough shoveling all that snow.

Morning all. Still no Halloween candy here, unless DW decides to pick some up while we are playing tennis. Looks like it will be a clear, but cold one tonight here, which is another reason I'm glad to be warm indoors.

There was one year when we had back to back blizzards for 3 weeks straight. We were running out of places to put the snow. The snow had gotten so high I had to have a neighbor with a bobcat push the snow away from the driveway just so I could put more snow there. The plus side to that was we had a built in sledding for my DD

I've never been skiing, but do enjoy sledding. I would try it if I had the chance. I'm happy to stay with water skiing in the ocean when it's warm.

Peanut butter cups are like gold.

::yes:: Potentially the new currency following the zombie apocalypse.

Forecast is for temps a couple degrees below freezing around here. It will be the coldest Halloween I can remember in years. I’m glad I’m past the point of having to walk around with the kids. DD13 is going out with her friends but they are far too cool to have dad tag along. I think they’ll be far too cold too. I’ll be happy enough being indoors handing out an occasional bag of chips.
I miss going out either as a kid or with the kids. I loved walking around seeing what the other houses were doing. But... -1 to -3C tonight. So... I'm not missing it that much...
I might also sift through DDs candy bag to pick out stuff she doesn’t like (anything with nuts). Peanut butter cups are like gold.
:laughing:
This year I'm going in the best costume ever: The Awesome Dad!
ooooohhhhh...
I just have too much to do in the next 2 weeks.
Somehow I'm thinking you could've held out for a raise before going back. ;)
I was going to add a before picture for my No Shave November, but when I try and orientate the picture so it's not on the side it won't load, so ya'll have to wait to see the before and after.
Take it in portrait mode and it'll orient correctly.
There have been times when it's snowed very little, like last year, or even when the bulk of the snow melts but leaves the dirty stuff piled on the side of the road
Huh. It's never not snowed here. A few years ago, we had a late (for us) snow and it was still snowless in mid December. People were freaking out that it might be a "brown" Christmas. It wasn't.
We were snowed in at the house for 4 days because we couldn't get out. Finally the town came through the neighborhood with a front-end loader and a dump truck to dig us out. I think the last snow pile in Boston finally melted away in July of that year.
Whoa! Holy crap.

Morning, Gents! Did everyone have a good Halloween? My DD made out pretty good at her school's Trunk-or-Treat. Mom took her out for trick-or-treating, thinking it was only going to be a few houses before heading over to the in-laws, but it wound up being a good chunk of the neighborhood. As for kids at our house, it wound up being only 1 kid in an army outfit. He looked adorable and I loaded him up. I just kept giving him candy because he was the only one to come by. That kid's going to be on a sugar high for weeks.

Ok, since today is November 1st, and I said I'd do No shave November, here's my before picture....with a little stubble.

FINALLLY!!!! It uploaded properly!

Morning all. Still no Halloween candy here, unless DW decides to pick some up while we are playing tennis. Looks like it will be a clear, but cold one tonight here, which is another reason I'm glad to be warm indoors.

I picked up a few extra bags for DD's trunk-or-treat at school and am I glad I did. This was the first time the school did it and it was a huge, HUGE success. We still have lots of candy left, but it's stuff I'll take to work in my lunches.

I've never been skiing, but do enjoy sledding. I would try it if I had the chance. I'm happy to stay with water skiing in the ocean when it's warm.

I use to ski back when I was a kid, but was never really good at it. Just as I'd get good at it the season would end and I'd be back to square one the next seasons. I've done some sledding as well and that's fun. There's a big hill near the house a lot of families go to that's fun to do. Hoping to get some sledding time in this year.

::yes:: Potentially the new currency following the zombie apocalypse.

If peanut butter cups became the new currency, there'd be no way I'd be able to not eat my money.

I miss going out either as a kid or with the kids. I loved walking around seeing what the other houses were doing. But... -1 to -3C tonight. So... I'm not missing it that much...

I read a story where this one family did such a good job decorating their house for Halloween, the neighbors called 911 because they thought the house was on fire. Now I'd say that's decorating.

ooooohhhhh...

My costume was a big hit....with me, but that's what counts, right?

Somehow I'm thinking you could've held out for a raise before going back. ;)

I'm thinking, but if they decide to bring me on full-time, I'm going to negotiate a good hourly rate.

Take it in portrait mode and it'll orient correctly.

That worked, thanks.

Huh. It's never not snowed here. A few years ago, we had a late (for us) snow and it was still snowless in mid December. People were freaking out that it might be a "brown" Christmas. It wasn't.

There are years when it would snow, just not enough to stick or last long, so everything was just brown and dead. I do, however, feel we're due for a bad winter.

Whoa! Holy crap.

Mhmm I was tired of being inside. I walked to the store just to get out of the house.

Morning folks. What CCT said. How was your Halloween?
Did everyone have a good Halloween?
Was very different. We went from 140 kids to exactly 1/10 of that. 14.
Covid spike in the city plus snow, cold and 50mph winds (nope, not kidding/exaggerating) had an impact.
Mom took her out for trick-or-treating, thinking it was only going to be a few houses before heading over to the in-laws, but it wound up being a good chunk of the neighborhood
Good!
As for kids at our house, it wound up being only 1 kid in an army outfit. He looked adorable and I loaded him up. I just kept giving him candy because he was the only one to come by. That kid's going to be on a sugar high for weeks.
Heh. Next year he’ll expect the same.
FINALLLY!!!! It uploaded properly!
Toldja. ;)
I read a story where this one family did such a good job decorating their house for Halloween, the neighbors called 911 because they thought the house was on fire. Now I'd say that's decorating.
That’s pretty cool. Gonna have to see if I can find that on the net.
I'm thinking, but if they decide to bring me on full-time, I'm going to negotiate a good hourly rate.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter