DDC XXXIV: The Original Home Of The DISDads!!!

Yep, our calendars say 3rd July, Meh, 5th July. So make merry on High Treason day. Shame on you all (apart from Darcy and Jeff, obviously) and glory to our most Benevolent Majesty, Elizabeth.

:rotfl2::rotfl2:

Just came back from the consult with the orthopedic surgeon and he has declared DS fit to play. Turns out the fracture was a Type A fracture which he described as similar to a sprain but better. Another x-ray should everything healed so he can start back with some light workouts at tonight's practice.

Great news! Glad to hear he's getting back on the court.

Hmm. It's the first time that I ran across this thread. On January 19 of this year, I officially joined with my first born son. Most of the other criteria, I already met.

Glad to be a part of the club.

Welcome aboard!

I don’t know…
It seems to me that the more dishonorable one is, the more lavishly they are rewarded.
Far too many examples back up this observation.

That settles it. We all need to become pirates.

It's always good to hear another prospective. If you say Obama or Trump in USA, it's likely 50% of the people are ready for revolution.

You said the word! Stop saying the word!

Morning All,

Happy to report that DS made it through his first practice without a problem. He even felt well enough to participate in some of the drills even though he said he was pretty slow. Made sure to use an ice bath on the foot last night to keep his recovery going on the right direction.

Have a great hump day all!

Top O the Mornin Dads! Bit rough getting into Orlando last night due to storms. Had to divert to Tampa for refueling and then flew through the soup to finally get in. Staying at airport Hyatt and heading to Port Canaveral about 9:30. Have a good couple of weeks and will try to check in on the other site.

Enjoy the cruise!

Yearly. On a 500cc car.
Yep…
That’s pricey for what’s basically a go-cart.
What I pay a year is equivalent to about 2100 GBP, but…
That’s covering four vehicles.

(granted, three of the four are 13, 18 & 19 years old respective, but still…)

Or, treason never prospers, because if its successful, no-one can call it treason.
Treason-Schmeason, I’m just talking about being dishonorable to all people at all times.
Supreme selfishness seems to be the most highly rewarded personality trait known to humanity.

The Pirate Princess has an interesting day tomorrow. She will be Captain of the boat on shark tagging trip. Not only that but they will be manually tracking a shark they tag. That means following where the shark goes in whatever direction it decides to go. Check the news tomorrow, she could end up in Cuba.
Very much earning her moniker, that one is.

Invading Cuba with a research vessel and a school of sharks may well be a more successful strategy then the last invasion that took place down that way.

If you figure it out, let me know. Would love that plan.
Apparently it’s Option-B.
I’m currently beginning preparations for the transition.

Happy Tuesday. Stopped by both offices today and accomplished what was needed. Oldest is at a church leadership program for the week and it has been really peaceful.
Peaceful is good…
I could settle for peaceful.

Same here. I thought about Option C so people would pay me money to put my clothes back on. I'm afraid they would pay for the hitman instead.
So you combine Option-C with Option-B and get paid on both ends of the deal.
It’d be similar to being a Double-Agent.

Top O the Mornin Dads! Bit rough getting into Orlando last night due to storms. Had to divert to Tampa for refueling and then flew through the soup to finally get in. Staying at airport Hyatt and heading to Port Canaveral about 9:30. Have a good couple of weeks and will try to check in on the other site.
“Bon Voy-ya-gie”
(to quote one of my heroes)

Welcome back, I think?
Given a choice…
I’d rather be stowing away with y’all right about now.

That settles it. We all need to become pirates.
…a dishonest man you can always trust to be dishonest. Honestly.
It's the honest ones you want to watch out for…
because you can never predict when they're going to do something…
incredibly…
stupid.

How can I stop saying it if you don’t tell me what it is!

Happy to report that DS made it through his first practice without a problem. He even felt well enough to participate in some of the drills even though he said he was pretty slow. Made sure to use an ice bath on the foot last night to keep his recovery going on the right direction.
Good to hear and it also looks like the right measures of patience are being taken.
May he progress quickly and be back to form in the near.

Happy Wednesday. Spent 1/2 day at work. Now to spend it with teenage girls for youngest's birthday. I may go back to work instead. :lmao:

ni

Morning All,

!

Glad to hear recovery is going well. Maybe I need to put my knee in the ice bath. I've done those before, and they do work.

incredibly…
stupid.

And it's logical thinking right there that explains why all the rum is always gone.

No taxation without representation, you Tory.
Watch it, colonial upstart. Don't make me start repressing you again.
Good news. Hopefully it will only take a few sessions for him to get back in the swing. Ice baths always help.
Treason-Schmeason, I’m just talking about being dishonorable to all people at all times.
Supreme selfishness seems to be the most highly rewarded personality trait known to humanity.
True Dat

Evening chaps from a drizzly London. 20 days until Disney. Have a great afternoon all.

Just had a freak out moment. Turned on the news and the top story was a boat on fire in the bay. OH CARP! It was a catamaran so not her boat. Must be honest, heart skipped a beat for a second.

Just had a freak out moment. Turned on the news and the top story was a boat on fire in the bay. OH CARP! It was a catamaran so not her boat. Must be honest, heart skipped a beat for a second.
Good vibes buddy from over here. Glad she's OK. I guess the panic never goes away then, huh?

Good vibes buddy from over here. Glad she's OK. I guess the panic never goes away then, huh?

My experience is unreasonable fears are always there no matter how old your child is. Got a text from her and feet are firmly on land and there were no holes in the boat.

incredibly…
stupid.

...Like that.

How can I stop saying it if you don’t tell me what it is!

Ah! You said it again! Wait, now I said it!

Go get me my shrubbery.

Glad she's ok. Hope the people actually on the boat were ok, too!

Happy Thursday. Watched the new Wonder Woman movie yesterday as a part of dd's birthday. It was a really great movie, the best of the DC bunch for sure.

Maybe Wonder Woman can start repressing me. She was quite gorgeous in the movie. If not, I guess you're a good as second choice as any. :lmao:

I guess I'll make it there with you soon enough. Oldest dd has been at church group thing this this week (overnight) and it has been really peaceful. I guess that is just the teenage angst. I'm sure my anxiety will rise when she is outside the protective shield of that type of group setting.

Ekki-Ekki-Ekki-Pitang-Zoom-Boing

And it's logical thinking right there that explains why all the rum is always gone.
So it’s logic that’s to blame?

Great!
This means that the US may well never suffer from a rum shortage again.

Mg1gHF7.gif

Yep…
Anytime that anything happens that’s even remotely related to one’s young’ns, you immediately get an adrenalin infusion. It’s just not something that you can really ever turn off.

Got a text from her and feet are firmly on land and there were no holes in the boat.
And Cuba wasn’t invaded.

No holes equals a successful first day as Captain.
May there be many more to come.

Ah! You said it again! Wait, now I said it!
Oh, stop it!

Happy Thursday. Watched the new Wonder Woman movie yesterday as a part of dd's birthday. It was a really great movie, the best of the DC bunch for sure.
I keep hearing that assessment…
Might be time to break down and actually pay to see DC based film.

Who's on first?
I don't know.
Third base!
Be careful out there …
Tomorrow has been known to bean a batter or two.

Lets go have a beer to celebrate.
I do believe that nearly every sentence uttered could be universally improved by simply following it up with this invitation. Let’s go have a beer to celebrate.

Good news. Hopefully it will only take a few sessions for him to get back in the swing. Ice baths always help.

Not sure how the athletes do use the full body ice baths do it. Not sure if I could do myself but they are a proven therapy tool.

My experience is unreasonable fears are always there no matter how old your child is. Got a text from her and feet are firmly on land and there were no holes in the boat.

Good to hear. Did she say anything about needing a bigger boat? ;)

All she needs is an eyepatch, sabor and a parrot on her shoulder.

We'll pick her up later today on the Fantasy

Keep an eye out today, she is back driving the boat.

Happy to report that DS made it through his first practice without a problem.

Continued good news.

Invading Cuba with a research vessel and a school of sharks may well be a more successful strategy then the last invasion that took place down that way.

Shhh, it's a secret. Cool idea, wonder if the CIA has a plan like that.

Happy Wednesday. Spent 1/2 day at work. Now to spend it with teenage girls for youngest's birthday. I may go back to work instead. :lmao:

Or to the bourbon bar.

Glad she's ok. Hope the people actually on the boat were ok, too!

I guess I'll make it there with you soon enough. Oldest dd has been at church group thing this this week (overnight) and it has been really peaceful. I guess that is just the teenage angst. I'm sure my anxiety will rise when she is outside the protective shield of that type of group setting.

I call that a successful day. Lets go have a beer to celebrate.

And Cuba wasn’t invaded.

May there be many more to come.

Boat, crew and captain all made it back fine. The only problem is they didn't tag anything that was worth following on an acoustical tag. They just drove around the other boat hoping to get something.

Go get me my shrubbery.

Cannot understand why I do not have a copy of that movie. One of my all time favorites. Would love to watch it this weekend.

Who's on first?
I don't know.
Third base!

Another great comedy routine.

Not sure how the athletes do use the full body ice baths do it. Not sure if I could do myself but they are a proven therapy tool.

The kid did it once when she was doing the Dopey races. Painful while you are doing it but she did say it helped.

Maybe Wonder Woman can start repressing me. She was quite gorgeous in the movie. If not, I guess you're a good as second choice as any. :lmao:
Flattery will get you everywhere
Unless your the captain of the golf team, obvs.
I do believe that nearly every sentence uttered could be universally improved by simply following it up with this invitation. Let’s go have a beer to celebrate
I think we should have a beer to celebrate this notion.
All she needs is an eyepatch, sabor and a parrot on her shoulder.
All together now, "Yo Ho, Yo Ho...."
Cannot understand why I do not have a copy of that movie. One of my all time favorites. Would love to watch it this weekend.
Obviously apart from the incisive commentary and the razor sharp wit, one of the great things about this thread is even the mere vagueness of Monty Python can fill up a page in responses. It's still a weird thing as a Brit that almost universally in the States there is a bedrock of fandom for Python, as it is so British. Salut, boys.
Might be time to break down and actually pay to see DC based film
You never paid for Batman?
It was a really great movie, the best of the DC bunch for sure.
Better than Batman?

Have a great evening chaps. In future Disdad time its so very nearly Friday.

Last edited:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter