DDC XXXIV: The Original Home Of The DISDads!!!

Just got done viewing the eclipse. Got a few pictures. I would share them here, but I'm sure you can find better ones online if you're interested.
We didn't have total eclipse here in Atlanta area, but about 98%.
Hope none of y'all burned your retinas. :tongue:

Welcome back

Thanks!

Just got done viewing the eclipse. Got a few pictures. I would share them here, but I'm sure you can find better ones online if you're interested.

I have a friend who was down in SC to see the total eclipse. He told me it was the most amazing thing he'd ever seen, beating both the Grand Canyon and Na Pali Coast. I'm a little skeptical of that claim.

Evening Guys,

Spending the next couple of days in the Portland, Maine area. Just spent a couple of hours walking around the waterfront and downtown area. Luckily we found a nice store that sold beer, wine and spirits. Picked up some nice local brews for me and DW went with some Schofferhofer.

The Monday morning apocalypse has arrived. And, the crazy impacted my oldest, who is complaining that she couldn't breathe at HS this morning. They had a youth group last night at the church and she was playing with balloons, and of course, she has a latex allergy. She took Benadryl last night, so I can't imagine a 12 hour delayed allergic reaction. Now, the school is requiring a note from the Doctor before she can return. And, the doctor refuses to see her in case it is life threatening, so she has to go to the ER. :furious: I'm guessing the end story on this is a test or homework assignment she wanted to get out of. Or, perhaps allergic reactions do occur 12 hours later when an eclipse is involved. :headache: And, I'm an hour away on campus so DW gets to deal with all this craziness. Is it Tuesday yet?

A vacation after watching sports for the past two weeks, especially women's beach volleyball? Darcy figured it out with a real good career choice. Way to go!!! I'm still available for that highly paid, telecommuting, do nothing assistant position. :lmao:

Glad to hear your DD is better. I do have an opening for a part-time position in our print shop if you were interested. You could just add it to your daily commute.

Well I'm taking my first official vacation day since starting my new job in June. Partly because I had a dentist appointment this morning and I just didn't want to bother going back in to work. Taking DW and youngest DD to a nature park for the afternoon. Hoping to see moose, caribou, and of course the elusive beaver - that's hard to find these days :-)

Thought the Saint John's female to male ratio was 6 to 1. ;)

Well enjoy that, buddy. I'm sure you need a break from stretching your neck watching the women's volleyball.

For the record my assignments took me nowhere near beach volleyball, I only got to see the pictures I shared with you all on Facebook. My time was spent with basketball and wrestling.

Hey guys, I'm back from vacation. Hope you didn't trash the place too much in my absence. Had a great time meeting up with @cj9200 and @GoofyIsAsGoofyDoes along the way!

Welcome back.

Had a lovely day off. Saw the moose and caribou and as expected, no beaver :laughing:

I didn't notice any darkening at the time the eclipse was supposed to happen. People who had the proper gear said the sun looked a bit like pacman.

Apocalypse is over. Survived the traffic. It wasn't as bad as projected, but bad enough that campus visit could be delayed. I got caught up in eclipse hysteria. I hope I can still see in the morning.

Hey guys, I'm back from vacation. Hope you didn't trash the place too much in my absence. Had a great time meeting up with @cj9200 and @GoofyIsAsGoofyDoes along the way!

Saw that on FB. You have visited most all the states in USA. Are you planning on making a 2nd trip thru with the ones the youngest missed?

I may have. I'll keep you posted.

Glad to hear your DD is better. I do have an opening for a part-time position in our print shop if you were interested. You could just add it to your daily commute.

Thanks. My offer was for telecommuting.

Looks like we'll have to postpone the eclipse. How does 2024 sound?
Sounds like a plan. I will be in the path of totality for that one.

She needs to be prepared for the best 3 minutes of her life
Twice? She's a lucky girl....
Nah, cuddle time afterwards

Its funny, beavers over here only appear on birthdays and anniversaries.
Luck dog. It rare to even see one then around here.

Thanks!

I have a friend who was down in SC to see the total eclipse. He told me it was the most amazing thing he'd ever seen, beating both the Grand Canyon and Na Pali Coast. I'm a little skeptical of that claim.
I've seen one before. I've never seen Na Pali coast, but I do not think it would beat the grand canyon. Pictures/videos of the eclipse can be better than in person because with the right filter, what can be captured on film is better than what you can see with glasses on. Pictures and videos CANNOT do the grand canyon justice.

Normal is going to a daily, life sucking job with no chance for advancement or fulfillment, distracting yourself with food, alcohol, and activities, while trying to save up enough money to go on vacation. Wow, that's majorly depressing.
Yeah…
That checks out.

Done with ER. She's fine. Dr said it could have been a leftover allergic reaction, or potentially the beginning of a virus. But, she didn't need epinephrine or anything like that. She's also a super hypochondriac. Now, the battle will be with the school. The school nurse says that she needs an epi-pen prescription to keep at school. The doctor said she didn't. She's never had a reaction bad enough to latex to need a epi-pen. She showers and takes a Benadryl and she is fine. We did the epi-pen prescription in the beginning, but we just had to keep going to dr and renew the prescription after they expired.
Forcing y’all to head to the ER was just completely wrong-headed.
Glad it wasn’t a serious problem, but sorry for all the unnecessary turmoil, drama and needless frustration.

And... sure! Let's call it a day. Everyone can leave work now.
Never came in, so this is the first time I actually get to comply with one of our end of day calls.

Hope none of y'all burned your retinas.
Retinas intact…
Life experience encountered…
All’s good.

have a friend who was down in SC to see the total eclipse. He told me it was the most amazing thing he'd ever seen, beating both the Grand Canyon and Na Pali Coast. I'm a little skeptical of that claim.
That is quite the clam.
Now, I’ve not yet encountered either of those two sites (sad to say) so I won’t attempt to compare them. What I can say about witnessing totality during an eclipse though, it that it is best described as an emotional experience. When the Corona appears around the black disk that was once the sun and you can pull off the glasses and just take in the completely unnatural yet beautiful site with the unaided eye, the physical result can be somewhat overwhelming. Maybe it’s something along those lines that your friend was actually on about.

I’ll tell you one thing…
If I can, I’ll see the next one as well.

Never had a KFC in my life. Which is a bit weird.
Actually it’s almost certainly for the best.
Beside if you’re going to make the mistake of buying fast-food fried chicken…
at least get it from Bo’s

For the record my assignments took me nowhere near beach volleyball, I only got to see the pictures I shared with you all on Facebook. My time was spent with basketball and wrestling.
Apologies. Must have been me thinking about my next job.
Actually it’s almost certainly for the best.
Beside if you’re going to make the mistake of buying fast-food fried chicken…
at least get it from Bo’s
Duly noted. Cheers mate.

On the month countdown now until the end of my tenure and the start of domesticity.....
Have a good day chaps

Looks like everyone had a good time with the eclipse. It was only 93% covereage here. I went outside and looked at it for a couple of seconds but then went back inside and started working again.

On the news during the eclipse they had a reporter who said the following:

"Hi I'm standing here in the field and we've got lots of families gathered to watch the eclipse. Nearby there is another field where lots of people are trying to make families"

I really wondered, what's the logistics behind that, was everyone just out in the open? were they in tents? Did they take a poll of each couple to make sure that they were both actually trying to conceive?

Looks like everyone had a good time with the eclipse. It was only 93% covereage here. I went outside and looked at it for a couple of seconds but then went back inside and started working again.

On the news during the eclipse they had a reporter who said the following:

"Hi I'm standing here in the field and we've got lots of families gathered to watch the eclipse. Nearby there is another field where lots of people are trying to make families"

I really wondered, what's the logistics behind that, was everyone just out in the open? were they in tents? Did they take a poll of each couple to make sure that they were both actually trying to conceive?
Not sure if I should put a scared or lmao emoji for that.
Scary that there is an event where "lots of people..." and that they'd be reporting on that, but yet hilarious at the same time.

Happy Tuesday. Classes are back and the students are back. Speaking of back, the clothing trend this year must be really short shorts, as i can see a lot of back. Apocalypse-eclipse mania seems to have dissipated. On the home front, oldest dd has a new suitor for homecoming. I'm scheduling when to meet him. Should i clean the shotgun with the West Ham budgie smugglers while he's there? :lmao:
Nah, cuddle time afterward
Whoever invented that?
That Was Totally Wicked!!!!
Did you see the eclipse or the end of the Incredibles movie?
I've seen one before. I've never seen Na Pali coast, but I do not think it would beat the grand canyon. Pictures/videos of the eclipse can be better than in person because with the right filter, what can be captured on film is better than what you can see with glasses on. Pictures and videos CANNOT do the grand canyon justice.
Never made it to the grand canyon. Now with my kids, can't imagine driving. Maybe when they are gone...
Forcing y’all to head to the ER was just completely wrong-headed.
Glad it wasn’t a serious problem, but sorry for all the unnecessary turmoil, drama and needless frustration.
s
Thanks. And, i agree with your statement about the eclipse. It was cool to see. I liked seeing parts of the moon in front on the Sun as well while using the glasses. I didn't really care too much for it in the beginning, but I'm sure that had more to do with traveling for work.
:
I would have taken that it was implied. That was the only thing i ever liked about camping. Once the dds came along, DW and I didn't go camping anymore. :lmao:
I went camping in college with friends, and it was usually about drinking beer. And, if there had been enough girls around .... Again, implied. :lmao:

Reporting in from a very hot Myrtle Beach. Eclipse was kind of a bust, clouds moved in just before it reached peak. We saw the beginning and end though. Sky got spooky but not quite black. Kind of cool and we had a good time laughing and telling stories. Leave tomorrow for the long drive back. Normally I could easily busted it with just stopping for breaks but this time I am going to stay overnight somewhere. Will catch up when I get back.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!