DDC XXXIV: The Original Home Of The DISDads!!!

Impressed with all the running going on. Either DISdads or DDs. I hate running.

Kidding aside, I will (would) play soccer or football or whatever... sports involving running. But... just running? Nope.

I'm with you. I keep trying running, because I'm a fat slob and need to get in better shape, and I always end up giving up because I hate it. Much better if you can score points.

When you plan the Wrigley trip, let me know. As you know, I'm a life-long Cubbies fan, so we could do a combo DISmeet and Cubs game.

I tried to get tickets to a game at Wrigley when I was in Chicago a few years ago. The ticket prices were :scared1:. So we did a stadium tour instead.

Got a bit of a scare afterwards. DW's father hit an icy patch on the road, rolled his truck. Thankfully he was OK, was the only one in the vehicle, and amazingly walked away from it, but the truck is likely a write off. So DW was a bit upset of course, put a damper on any more birthday celebration.
Winter driving sucks, even around here when we are supposedly more used to those conditions. Anyway, it could have been much worse, so I'm just thankful it turned out the way it did.

Glad he's ok. Icy road are no joke!

Alas, the last day here. A few of us got together last night in party room 2.0 to watch the game. Nothing funnier than watching Adam (die hard Bama fan) watch this game. Lots of laughs and a good time was had by all. We are off to AK in a bit to ride the Pandora flight thing. Not sure the ribs will like it but I want to see it. Tonight we may hit the MK or try to get to the Contemporary to go to the Top of the World lounge.

Glad you guys had a good time. I went to bed when it was 20-7 Georgia. Guess I missed a bit of the game.

As a tribal soccer supporter with a huge "glory hunting" chip on my shoulder, I'm a bit funny about supporting teams just because they are good. I won't bore the guys as I've banged on about it at length before. But GO CUBS!

Morning all from London. Got to have a go at my side drain today, just waiting for the rods to turn up. Oh the Glamour. If I can get it done, that's about 250 in call out saved.
I understand. I've been a Cubbies fan most of my life. Many, many years where they weren't good.

Glad you guys had a good time. I went to bed when it was 20-7 Georgia. Guess I missed a bit of the game.

Yeah, it was a good game (other than Alabama winning). It went into overtime and the dawgs got a field goal and then Alabama got a TD.

Last edited:
Got a bit of a scare afterwards. DW's father hit an icy patch on the road, rolled his truck. Thankfully he was OK, was the only one in the vehicle, and amazingly walked away from it, but the truck is likely a write off. So DW was a bit upset of course, put a damper on any more birthday celebration.
Winter driving sucks, even around here when we are supposedly more used to those conditions. Anyway, it could have been much worse, so I'm just thankful it turned out the way it did.
Glad he is o.k. and sorry about the damper on DW birthday. Icy roads are the worst which is why when that stuff hits around here with all the hills and steep inclines I just stay home and shake my head at the the hundreds that end up having accidents.
Alas, the last day here. A few of us got together last night in party room 2.0 to watch the game. Nothing funnier than watching Adam (die hard Bama fan) watch this game. Lots of laughs and a good time was had by all. We are off to AK in a bit to ride the Pandora flight thing. Not sure the ribs will like it but I want to see it. Tonight we may hit the MK or try to get to the Contemporary to go to the Top of the World lounge.
Good to hear you found a place to watch the game and had fun to boot. Watching that game with a fan of either of those teams would have been interesting.

!

I imagine that was scary and a down note on her birthday. Glad to hear he was ok.

So you're like the Devil on the shoulder in National Lampoon's Animal House. Good to know. Especially if we go drinking. Or end up in a frat house.

I think we are all down to help you drink excessively. And, not just you, but anyone. :lmao:

Tonight we may hit the MK or try to get to the Contemporary to go to the Top of the World lounge.

TOTWL. That would have been a great place to watch the game, watch fireworks, and back to the game. If service were only better up there ... :sad2:

Welcome back mate. We were just keeping the place ticking over till you got back.
Imagine that, a Redneck from Texas leaving a Brit to take care of things while he was away. Will wonders never cease.

Hey Cliff. Haven't done either of those, but not for lack of trying. How are things there with you? You have freezing temps as well?

Had about a couple of weeks of winter, actually got real snow for the first time since the 80's; built a snowman and everything. Usually we get an icy mush and just call it snow, but this was fluffy and everything.
First time in a long time that the temp stayed down in the 20's for several days in a row, our real winter generally comes in late February so we will see what is to come.

Got a bit of a scare afterwards. DW's father hit an icy patch on the road, rolled his truck.
Glad he is ok

I went to bed when it was 20-7 Georgia. Guess I missed a bit of the game.
I watched it for 3 hours today. And then the PVR didn't record the sodding overtime. I thought Georgia were on the wrong side of a couple of calls though. I thought the disallowed pick in the end zone was harsh.
Imagine that, a Redneck from Texas leaving a Brit to take care of things while he was away. Will wonders never cease.
What can I say Cliff, the cream always rises to the top mate.
TOTWL. That would have been a great place to watch the game, watch fireworks, and back to the game. If service were only better up there ... :sad2:
It'll be our first time up there in April. Looking forward to it.
I tried to get tickets to a game at Wrigley when I was in Chicago a few years ago. The ticket prices were :scared1:. So we did a stadium tour instead.
When I went it was about $50-odd each for a seat. It was a day game though. And that was about 15 years ago.

Had about a couple of weeks of winter, actually got real snow for the first time since the 80's; built a snowman and everything. Usually we get an icy mush and just call it snow, but this was fluffy and everything.
First time in a long time that the temp stayed down in the 20's for several days in a row, our real winter generally comes in late February so we will see what is to come.

Kind of like hell freezing over :lmao:

We are forecasted for a foot of snow this weekend. The city is almost out of bread and milk.

It'll be our first time up there in April. Looking forward to it.

Wish i had known that. We could have went up there last July. My DVC status could have got you up there.

Morning boys from Sunny and cold London. 4 mile run this morning after an eye exam. Was trying to clean my drains out from 0730. Got the rods down and plunging away when I heard the water push on the other side of our fence. In the UK we share the final drain channel connection. Turns out next door have known about it for a week, and a dyno rod type is coming down tomorrow. They didn't tell us because they didn't want to "worry us".:sad2: So got my workout in my upper arms this morning as well.

Wish i had known that. We could have went up there last July. My DVC status could have got you up there.
I didn't really think about it TBH mate. I always knew about it but just in the background, know what I mean? We went over when the day after we signed to see what it was all about, I just hadn't done any research on it and went at about 3PM on on of our pool days, so obviously it was closed. No biggie, but we are looking forward to the little extras like the lounge. Again Mike Tighe offered to take us to the lounge above Figment, but it just didn't fit our schedule.

Lilo's playhouse is shutting down though, thats gonna put a dent in a couple of our plans for August. We love spending time together, but that one night off to go and have a nice meal with the missus was really special that we both enjoyed, and the kids adored the playhouse. Hey ho, I'm sure the mouse's accountants will find another avenue for me to go down.....

Have a great hump day chaps. In future world, we are officially in the back half of the week. Come on in. The water's lovely.

Thanks all for the birthday wishes for DW. Ended up taking the family out for supper.

Somehow I missed this post and I was trying to figure out why everyone was saying glad he's okay. Now I see...and agree...glad he's okay. I can understand how it put a damper on things, but be thankful...could have been much worse and happy it wasn't.

Morning boys from Sunny and cold London. 4 mile run this morning after an eye exam. Was trying to clean my drains out from 0730. Got the rods down and plunging away when I heard the water push on the other side of our fence. In the UK we share the final drain channel connection. Turns out next door have known about it for a week, and a dyno rod type is coming down tomorrow. They didn't tell us because they didn't want to "worry us".:sad2: So got my workout in my upper arms this morning as well.
Sorry to be ignorant, but do you mean drain for the roof or drain in the house? Initially I thought the former, but then it sounds like the latter. So, the drain was backing up and the neighbors have known for a week? By rods, I'm guessing you mean some type of flexible rod that will clear clogs?

Yes mate. The drain goes to the sewer under the sidewalk, in your language. The rods are indeed flexible rods with a corkscrew attachment to clear any clog or a plunging tool to force air through the pipe and hopefully dislodge the clog . We didn't notice as we have 2 inlets into the sewer, and the main one is clear, which 3 of our toilets are connected into, and the showers etc. The one we share with our neighbours is from our utility room where all the washing machine, dryer etc are and one toilet, which is probably why we didn't notice as much as I was using the washing machine once a day, it was really slowly draining through the system and not overflowing. But yep, they've known for a week. Its OK, no biggie, I'm sure they meant well.

We are forecasted for a foot of snow this weekend. The city is almost out of bread and milk.

What about the rum?

Yes mate. The drain goes to the sewer under the sidewalk, in your language. The rods are indeed flexible rods with a corkscrew attachment to clear any clog or a plunging tool to force air through the pipe and hopefully dislodge the clog . We didn't notice as we have 2 inlets into the sewer, and the main one is clear, which 3 of our toilets are connected into, and the showers etc. The one we share with our neighbours is from our utility room where all the washing machine, dryer etc are and one toilet, which is probably why we didn't notice as much as I was using the washing machine once a day, it was really slowly draining through the system and not overflowing. But yep, they've known for a week. Its OK, no biggie, I'm sure they meant well.

So by snaking out your drain you actually cleared a clog on their side?

So by snaking out your drain you actually cleared a clog on their side?
No mate unfortunately. Its in their discharge pipe. I'm happy to do our side, as that's my kids waste, but next doors seemed like a bridge too far. I could just hear the water I was pushing down from my smaller pipe bubbling through their blockage. That's what made me go next door and warn them, as they have just had their entire house refurbished. I thought the last thing they need is raw sewage over their nice new carpet.

Morning gents.
After a brief respite from the cold (A nice warm 27F now) it's supposed to go back to
a much more normal -18F by tomorrow.
Just enough so all the melt will freeze solid. Can't wait for the morning skate... er, commute tomorrow!

Thanks for the explanation. I knew what you meant... but wasn't aware of the details. "Shared with the neighbours? And they didn't notice?"

Whadja Have?
Italian. One of those places where they have unlimited salad/soup/bread for the starter and I always end up eating way too much of it. Shovelling down a plate of fettuccine carbonara at that point was just pure gluttony. Plus the birthday cake once we got home. :sad2:

I hate icy roads and we have lots of them right now. That is my big worry about DS driving by himself.
It's hard to know how to handle teenagers driving in the winter. On one hand, you really don't want them out in it for obvious reasons. But then, they also need to learn how to drive in snow and ice because they are going to have to do it at some point.

A foot of snow if significant, I imagine even more so in your neck of the woods. Hope you all manage OK.

Happy Wednesday. Youngest dd went to school and came home sick with her stomach hurting. Hopefully, it doesn't run through the house.

Lilo's playhouse is shutting down though, thats gonna put a dent in a couple of our plans for August. We love spending time together, but that one night off to go and have a nice meal with the missus was really special that we both enjoyed, and the kids adored the playhouse. Hey ho, I'm sure the mouse's accountants will find another avenue for me to go down.....

I think there is another one at Beach Club and one at Grand Floridean, but i don't remember. That is a popular feature on cruise line as well, so it may just be a refurb.

Sorry to be ignorant, but do you mean drain for the roof or drain in the house? Initially I thought the former, but then it sounds like the latter. So, the drain was backing up and the neighbors have known for a week? By rods, I'm guessing you mean some type of flexible rod that will clear clogs?

One day, 007 will learn how to translate English into American. :lmao:

What about the rum?

?

Bourbon. I'm well prepared.

Italian. One of those places where they have unlimited salad/soup/bread for the starter and I always end up eating way too much of it. Shovelling down a plate of fettuccine carbonara at that point was just pure gluttony. Plus the birthday cake once we got home. :sad2:

A foot of snow if significant, I imagine even more so in your neck of the woods. Hope you all manage OK.

There is always room for cake. ::yes::

Who knows about the snow. We have had the rare big snowfalls over the years, but one inch shuts us down.

It's hard to know how to handle teenagers driving in the winter. On one hand, you really don't want them out in it for obvious reasons. But then, they also need to learn how to drive in snow and ice because they are going to have to do it at some point.

This. So much, this.

Happy Wednesday. Youngest dd went to school and came home sick with her stomach hurting. Hopefully, it doesn't run through the house.

Ugh. Good luck!

Top O the Mornin Dads! Yesterday was a royal PITA with ADRs for July trip. Website / MDE APP was glitchy, some showed no availability at all, at 120 days out, some still have not opened, etc. And before any think user error some went through without a glitch and I had to call to get some stuff done and was confirmed that they were having "system problems". We like some
Kind of like hell freezing over :lmao:

We are forecast for 1" - 3" of snow and we are out of bread and milk. Just make sure the bourbon is stocked.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!