DDC XXXIV: The Original Home Of The DISDads!!!

OK, so I have a question. I caught a little bit of the football games over the weekend (that's the American football played with the hand as opposed to English football played with the foot). Anyway, I watch very little NFL and barely follow it. But I do try to catch some of the Superbowl, just because it has become the spectacle that it is. The problem is that I have no horse in the race. So, who do I root for? I think there's four teams left, so who should it be? I'm going to assume Mark @Captain_Oblivious would tell me the Eagles. Any other suggestions?

:teeth:

I don't think rooting has much to do with anything. It's all about the sports book. 3 unproven teams and QBs against the Legend. Hmmmm.......

For me it's more of rooting AGAINST the patriots. The falcons should have beaten them last year...if only they'd kept running the ball instead of passing. :sad:, but anyone that beats the patriots are GOOD in my book.

I thought it was like Hulk Hogan almost being put to sleep before coming back for the win.

Morning, gents.
Had to go out and shovel a little bit this morning. My neighbor said something to me, but the words froze. I'll have to wait until spring to hear what he said.

:confused3

I had the girls shovel again today. I'm liking this older, independent thing. It's terrific. :lmao:

Well, of course it should be the Eagles. Their last championship was in 1960, so they've never won it all in my lifetime. But they've produced enough pain and suffering for many lifetimes.

That being said, perhaps you wouldn't want to bring that pain and suffering upon yourself.
".

I'm afraid that without Wentz, they don't match up all that well. I don't know how luckier Case Keenum can get though. It's been one heck of a streak this season.

::yes::

No need to apologize...ever since they started this take a knee thing and the NFL won't enforce their OWN RULES regarding it, not really caring a whole lot about the NFL. I always watch the super bowl more for the commercials anyway, so may just not watch at all this year. I didn't see the game, but I heard regarding Julio missing the pass. Really glad for you and not upset on this end.

It wasn't the knee thing. For me, it's Bellicheck and maybe the Patriots organization. He sucked as a pro-coach until Tom Brady. He blatantly cheated at Spygate and was not suspended. And, Spygate was more than just taping signals, according to the report, but the NFL burned the evidence. The Saints coaches were found not guilty of cheating and yet were suspended a whole year. Brady was accused of cheating, but allowed to play in playoffs and a year later finally suspended. When the rules are consistently changed for the benefit of one team or one player, then it is no longer a competition - it's the World Wrestling Federation.

I'm sure most all the players are doing their absolute best. But, I see a play like that last one in the Saints & Vikings game and have to wonder. By the way, the Vikings won and covered the spread with that one play. Overall, it is still entertaining and I'll enjoy the party.

I had the girls shovel again today. I'm liking this older, independent thing. It's terrific. :lmao:

Dang! I have a 17 and 20 year old. You'd think a shovel was a completely foreign concept to them.

Morning my esteemed effendis. Kids at school, Missus at work, off for a run. Booked Early morning magic for the March trip yesterday, that should throw up some good photos. Only Narcoosees for the ADR, as we are only there 4 days. EMM comes with breakfast so we cancelled Ohana and shifted the money towards that, the rest we are just gonna wing it. That'll force us to try stuff we haven't before. Or end up on Trader Sams terrace with Sushi......

He blatantly cheated at Spygate
Definitely this. It's interesting, when I was at the London Games this year, they always do a "32" photo, i.e get someone from the crowd wearing every franchise jersey up on stage. There's generally reluctant clapping (apart from some good natured Bears/Packers stuff) but the Patriots guy got absolutely hammered, with people chanting "cheats" at the stage.

Have a good hump day fellas, in future world you are almost over the first half of the week.

It wasn't the knee thing. For me, it's Bellicheck and maybe the Patriots organization. He sucked as a pro-coach until Tom Brady. He blatantly cheated at Spygate and was not suspended. And, Spygate was more than just taping signals, according to the report, but the NFL burned the evidence. The Saints coaches were found not guilty of cheating and yet were suspended a whole year. Brady was accused of cheating, but allowed to play in playoffs and a year later finally suspended. When the rules are consistently changed for the benefit of one team or one player, then it is no longer a competition - it's the World Wrestling Federation.
It is the knee thing for me. As a veteran and having been to other countries, it's pretty fundamental for me...
If playing in and earning a salary in whatever country, then you should respect the flag and the country. For that matter, just visiting the country, it's good (IMHO) to be respectful of the host nation and culture.

The national anthem and flag is about our country as a whole and not who may or may not be president or whether you're happy with certain policies. If you have a problem with the nation, flag, anthem...LEAVE!
Doesn't matter if it's Canada, Brazil, Korea, Germany or even Great Britain :wave: Dan :lmao:

Last edited:
Snow again today. Ugh!! Our trip to da world can't come soon enough. 30 days til we leave!

Last edited:
Dang! I have a 17 and 20 year old. You'd think a shovel was a completely foreign concept to them.

Teach. Manipulate. Bribe. Guilt. Just do whatever it takes to get them shoveling.

Morning my esteemed effendis. Kids at school, Missus at work, off for a run. Booked Early morning magic for the March trip yesterday, that should throw up some good photos. Only Narcoosees for the ADR, as we are only there 4 days. EMM comes with breakfast so we cancelled Ohana and shifted the money towards that, the rest we are just gonna wing it. That'll force us to try stuff we haven't before. Or end up on Trader Sams terrace with Sushi......

Esteemed effendis? There's a need for translation. Or, are you using your big word book again? :lmao:

It is the knee thing for me. As a veteran and having been to other countries, it's pretty fundamental for me...
If playing in and earning a salary in whatever country, then you should respect the flag and the country. For that matter, just visiting the country, it's good (IMHO) to be respectful of the host nation and culture.

The national anthem and flag is about our country as a whole and not who may or may not be president or whether you're happy with certain policies. If you have a problem with the nation, flag, anthem...LEAVE!
Doesn't matter if it's Canada, Brazil, Korea, Germany or even Great Britain :wave: Dan :lmao:

I get what you are saying about the flag and agree with you. I was responding to your post about what "started" it. I watched as much NFL as possible and did all the fantasy stuff. Once I realized there was the cheating, and the extent of the cheating, that started my decline. Then all the rule changes amd replay speeches added to it. The lack of respect for the flag just finished it. Now, I work on Sundays, don't watch Monday or Thursday games, and just keep it on as background noise when it is convenient. :sad:

If they really wanted to protest, they could have stood for the anthem wearing a shirt directing viewers to that movement - stance, website, etc. The NFL would have fined them for being out of uniform, but it would be clearly written as to what they were protesting, and still show respect for the flag. Then, they could say at a press conference that they were matching that same fine with a donation to their cause. It's one thing to take a stand on issues, provide a solution, and donate money to help. It's another thing to just stir up controversy to watch it burn.

I get what you are saying about the flag and agree with you. I was responding to your post about what "started" it. I watched as much NFL as possible and did all the fantasy stuff. Once I realized there was the cheating, and the extent of the cheating, that started my decline. Then all the rule changes amd replay speeches added to it. The lack of respect for the flag just finished it. Now, I work on Sundays, don't watch Monday or Thursday games, and just keep it on as background noise when it is convenient. :sad:

If they really wanted to protest, they could have stood for the anthem wearing a shirt directing viewers to that movement - stance, website, etc. The NFL would have fined them for being out of uniform, but it would be clearly written as to what they were protesting, and still show respect for the flag. Then, they could say at a press conference that they were matching that same fine with a donation to their cause. It's one thing to take a stand on issues, provide a solution, and donate money to help. It's another thing to just stir up controversy to watch it burn.
We're on the same page. It was the knee that finished it for me as well. The cheating, the double-standards depending on who it is was the start. The knee is the proverbial straw.

Esteemed effendis? There's a need for translation. Or, are you using your big word book again? :lmao:
Word of the day toilet paper. Never fails.
Boooooooooooo
Its probably best you weren't around for my Brexit ranting then.......:rotfl:some of the things I said were distinctly unpatriotic. And the leaving thing may still be on the cards. Which will kill me.
It's another thing to just stir up controversy to watch it burn.
I think that's a bit harsh on Kapernick, but I'm not gonna poke a stick at it. It's interesting to watch as a Poli major and an outsider.

I'm afraid that without Wentz, they don't match up all that well. I don't know how luckier Case Keenum can get though. It's been one heck of a streak this season.

Yeah, I don't have a lot of hope for getting past the Vikings. But it's certainly not impossible. Losing Wentz really hurt, though. I think they'd be the favorites with him.

Someone has to support Jim L so I will say it. Go Pats!

Boo. Nobody has to support them!

Can't stand the Eagles, never liked the Vikings, Jaguars...who are they. By default I'm left with the Patriots.
I've never been a big Eagles fan (sorry Mark), but personally, I'd choose ANYONE (even the Jersey Jets) over the patriots. Different strokes for different folks.

Top O the Mornin Dads! Snow day / work from home day yesterday. Made the treck in today which was ok but about 30 minutes longer as I used the interstates rather than the hills and twist and turns of the backroads. I got down my street, sliding all the way but will likely have to park on the street over tonight as getting back UP my street will be a challenge for sure. Hit zero here overnight and below zero windchill's for today and singel digit temps again tonight - Al Gore is an idiot, global warming my ................... this is the south and it's zero with a 3" snowfall yesterday.
Morning my esteemed effendis. Kids at school, Missus at work, off for a run. Booked Early morning magic for the March trip yesterday, that should throw up some good photos. Only Narcoosees for the ADR, as we are only there 4 days. EMM comes with breakfast so we cancelled Ohana and shifted the money towards that, the rest we are just gonna wing it. That'll force us to try stuff we haven't before. Or end up on Trader Sams terrace with Sushi.......
Now if you are gonna use words that make us look them up, said words of wisdom should at least be close to describing our little band of men?
upload_2018-1-17_11-7-44.png
Nice ADRs and like the plan of not booking too much. Though we have several on our upcoming trips, I did scale back a good bit.
Snow again today. Ugh!! Our trip to da world can't come soon enough. 30 days til we leave!
25 days for our departure......... Can't wait and sorry we miss each other.
Can't stand the Eagles, never liked the Vikings, Jaguars...who are they. By default I'm left with the Patriots.
Gotta go with Darcy on this one so I will join the minority. Not a fan at all of the Eagles and a co-worker is a big Philly fan that I prefer to see unhappy about the Eagles results, Vikings are rivals of the Bears and though I am a fan of good defensive football (does that still exist in the NFL) and the Jags were my FF D, SIL is a Pats fan so I'll go for them.

Now if you are gonna use words that make us look them up, said words of wisdom should at least be close to describing our little band of men?
Men of high social standing and education? I can't think of anything more applicable.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter