DDC XXXIV: The Original Home Of The DISDads!!!

Morning gents, from an unnaturally warm North.
It's weird driving to work in January with wet roads. Just sayin'.

Morning.

Not sure if it is warm here today or not, I haven't ventured out or look at the temperature. We have had some wet roads though.

No big plans today, couple of chores I would like to take care of, watch some football...overall a quiet day.

Morning everyone. Rough night last night trying to sleep, I think a nap is in my future. Florida/UK was a good game last night (sorry Norm). Real defensive struggle that could have gone either way. Have a good one and may your team win today. That is except if your team is the Patriots.

Looking forward to it. :cheer2:

It would be nice.

Glad it has warmed up for you.

No big plans today, couple of chores I would like to take care of, watch some football...overall a quiet day.

Same here. Going to miss at least part of the second game because I'm taking the birthday girl for dinner. The things we do for our children.

Have a good one and may your team win today. That is except if your team is the Patriots.

:lmao:

Glad it has warmed up for you.

It's a nice break.... except we'll start thinking spring... and then it will drop down to -35.

Same here. Going to miss at least part of the second game because I'm taking the birthday girl for dinner. The things we do for our children.

Happy birthday to the Pirate Princess!

Happy Sunday. Worked my 8 hour shift and now some time to enjoy the warm day here. I would watch the NE vs Jacksonville game, but the outcome has been pre-determined. It was an interesting story of the fake hand injury to influence the wise guy point spread.

Texted her about 11 and she was already working in the lab so I expect it wasn't a blow out party.

Glad she had a good time and didn't party like i did in the day. I remember leaving the bar and going straight to work. Made for some long & interesting days.

Same here. All snow and ice have mostly melted on the roads. Still some in the yard and roof. Thankful for no snow forecasted for next week.

Morning everyone. Rough night last night trying to sleep, I think a nap is in my future. Florida/UK was a good game last night (sorry Norm). Real defensive struggle that could have gone either way. Have a good one and may your team win today. That is except if your team is the Patriots.

Yeah, it was good until the end. Lots of complaints up here over Calipari's bad coaching and bad officiating. I think it is just that UK doesn't have the same pro purchased talent that BBN is used to. :lmao:

And in the game of the cats - Cheatas vs Jaguars, New England got 47/85 yards on penalties on one drive, after Jacksonville had a first down called back on a penalty. I may not even watch the fixed Superbowl at this point. This is pathetic.

And in the game of the cats - Cheatas vs Jaguars, New England got 47/85 yards on penalties on one drive, after Jacksonville had a first down called back on a penalty. I may not even watch the fixed Superbowl at this point. This is pathetic.

Those were penalties. Not everything is a fix.

Those were penalties. Not everything is a fix.

I didn't see pass interference. Ball wasn't in the air. The receiver was out of bounds, so couldn't have caught the ball anyway. Maybe illegal contact. 5 yard and First down. Maybe just good defensive play where we let teams play in the playoffs and hold the flags (for everyone except Pats).

I didn't see pass interference. Ball wasn't in the air. The receiver was out of bounds, so couldn't have caught the ball anyway. Maybe illegal contact. 5 yard and First down. Maybe just good defensive play where we let teams play in the playoffs and hold the flags (for everyone except Pats).

Norm you hatred for the Patriots is clouding your vision. There was plenty of contact and it was the contact that forced the receiver out of bounds.

You staying up for the NFC big guy?
Yes mate. Fully expect to wake up on the sofa at about 4AM. Good practise for the SB, I think they start at the same time, about 1130PM our time. Did you go for dinner with the PP mate?

I thought it was an iffy call. Both guys had their hands on each other and the receiver made no attempt to come back to the ball.
I thought that was PI. I don't why the ref blew up on the turnover though, I didn't think that play was dead.

Last edited:
Looks like the Eagles are a half away to be the team that loses to the Patriots in next Superbowl. :lmao:

Norm you hatred for the Patriots is clouding your vision. There was plenty of contact and it was the contact that forced the receiver out of bounds.

Well, not all the Patriots. Just the coach, and then whoever in the organization assisted with the cheating. Tom Brady may be the GOAT, but IMO will always be tarnished by the cheating. And, I'm referring to Spygate and not Deflategate.

Let's take my subjectivity out of it. The NFL averages 12.25 penalties per game. Playoff games average 18.4% less per game. The Pats today had 1 penalty for 10 yards. The Jags had 6 penalties for 98 yards.

I thought it was an iffy call. Both guys had their hands on each other and the receiver made no attempt to come back to the ball.

?

And see, another can have an opinion different than yours. Like I said, I could understand Illegal Contact. What happened to let the players play? What happened to not calling as many penalties in playoffs? Why not give Pats 5 yards and 1st down as opposed to 40+ yards.

I thought that was PI. I don't why the ref blew up on the turnover though, I didn't think that play was dead.

And the Pats got the benefit of the PI call. And the Pats got the benefit of the fumble call.

The PI call but points on the board for Pats. The fumble call took points off the board for the Jags. Which not too surprisingly, was a 14 point difference. The Pats only won by 4, so the didn't cover the spread.

But, you can't review penalties on the field, because there isn't thr Technology available. :sad2:

When one team consistently gets all the calls and benefits, and the coach of that team has been caught intentional cheating and remains the coach, then everything is suspect.

Last edited:
I've heard of coffzzee. Isn't that decaf?

I heard there were some football games played yesterday? I was at work during most of them. Then home and busy and forgot to set the PVR for the Vikings/Eagles game.
All of a sudden, I thought "Oh! Crap! I'm not taping the game!" I turned on the channel.... 31-7... and turned it off. I didn't really see a need to tape it at that point.

Anyway... Happy Monday all.
I'm possibly the only person here who's glad it's Monday. After working 14 days in a row, 2 days off, then 11 days (did have one day off in the middle of that somewhere....).... I'm looking forward to two days off. Which are full of appointments and catching up on house work of course .

I've heard of coffzzee. Isn't that decaf?
Decaf would not work for me this morning.

So, pulled the final trigger on the first DVC summer trip, so we are hitting Kidani (with a little car), then off to Vero, then the Poly for a week. All booked and done.

After a couple of interesting calls from people I've worked with before starting to put the bones on potentially setting up for myself, and consulting. I might have a couple of reasonable fish on the hook, so I'll see how this pans out over the next couple of weeks. A little bit nervous, but it could solve all our logistics problems.

Had fun last night virtually watching the game with Mark and Darcy.

Have a great day chaps.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!