DDC XXXIV: The Original Home Of The DISDads!!!

I've been a bit off since the 70's. :hyper:

I don't know if I have ever been on. Actually enjoying not working but I am getting a bit bored. May start looking for something interesting to do on a part time basis in March.

Looking forward to the Opening Ceremony tonight. USA, USA, USA! Other favorite teams are of course the mother country, Italy along with the UK and our northern neighbors. The Canadian kid in Men's Moguls killed it yesterday. To the steroid pumping Russians, I say Nyet.

19bqza.jpg

Happy Friday. Gotta work tomorrow and Sunday. Hoping for a day off Monday.

Alright fellas, that's it. I'm calling it. Work week over. Everyone out. Last one left in Katsura Grill (its the closest I can get to South Korea) for Olympics Beer Session gets to take Lyndsey Vonn home. And, let me tell ya, she has a lovely set of globes. And she goes down faster than everyone.

And you've moves off deflowering Disney princesses and onto deflowering Olympic athletes. Bravo.

Regionals begin tonight for DS, first game at 6 with the loser being

Swim regionals here. Oldest dd is still recovering from the flu after recovering from a sinus infection. Said she was having problem breathing. Sadly, she didn't qualify for individual 500 free or 100 fly. But, she qualified for relay event tomorrow, so still a chance at state.

I've been a bit off since the 70's. :hyper:

I concur. ::yes::

I don't know if I have ever been on. Actually enjoying not working but I am getting a bit bored. May start looking for something interesting to do on a part time basis in March.

Looking forward to the Opening Ceremony tonight. USA, USA, USA! Other favorite teams are of course the mother country, Italy along with the UK and our northern neighbors. The Canadian kid in Men's Moguls killed it yesterday. To the steroid pumping Russians, I say Nyet.

Spoiler....I watched the Opening Ceremonies this morning and they light the Olympic flame at the end.

Russians should not have been allowed in at all.

Swim regionals here. Oldest dd is still recovering from the flu after recovering from a sinus infection. Said she was having problem breathing. Sadly, she didn't qualify for individual 500 free or 100 fly. But, she qualified for relay event tomorrow, so still a chance at state.

Hope she does well tomorrow.

DS and his buddies won by 20 tonight. They were up by 30 and the coach let the guys that don't get much time play most of the 4th quarter. Two games tomorrow are for seeding and to see where you have to play next weekend.

Morning boys from a chilly London. Off to the in laws this weekend, Lady K's dad had some intense surgery this week, thankfully it looks like he's gonna be OK, so over there for a bit of support.

And you've moves off deflowering Disney princesses and onto deflowering Olympic athletes. Bravo.
Yeah, there's plenty of love to go round mate. Good luck to the young un.

They were up by 30 and the coach let the guys that don't get much time play most of the 4th quarter.
There were still 5 guys on the other team, right? Congrats to Dec.

A very early good morning guys. Watching short track speed skating, its like watching a demolition derby on ice.

Feel bad for her being sick. Hopefully she can recover and do well in the relay.

Spoiler....I watched the Opening Ceremonies this morning and they light the Olympic flame at the end.

There were a couple of times when they were carrying the torch that I thought it went out. Agree, the Russians should be suspended, it was an orchestrated effort to cheat.

DS and his buddies won by 20 tonight. They were up by 30 and the coach let the guys that don't get much time play most of the 4th quarter. Two games tomorrow are for seeding and to see where you have to play next weekend.

That is a beatdown. Congrats to Declan and good luck to him next week.

Morning boys from a chilly London. Off to the in laws this weekend, Lady K's dad had some intense surgery this week, thankfully it looks like he's gonna be OK, so over there for a bit of support.

Sorry to hear about your FIL, glad he is bouncing back.

So hungover a bit from the outing last night?

Up early for work. Enough said. Mixed feelings though as I am missing dd Regionals swim.

You've ruined the whole olympics for me now. :lmao:

Hope she does well tomorrow.

Thanks. Good luck to your DS.

. Good luck to the young un.

Thanks. Prayers for FIL.

Feel bad for her being sick. Hopefully she can recover and do well in the relay.

There were a couple of times when they were carrying the torch that I thought it went out. Agree, the Russians should be suspended, it was an orchestrated effort to cheat

Thanks. Seems like most of the team is sick though, so I don't think she will make it.

On the tennis side, russian Maria Sharapova started taking her "life saving" heart medication at age 16 or maybe earlier and has been on it her whole pro career. It is also a banned PED. But, she took the generic so it was ok, until they banned the generic as well as a PED. Wait, do most people with life threatening conditions play pro sports for a decade? That's my position on all cheaters - they don't need to be anywhere around the sport - rather it's an Olympic program, pro tennis player, or NFL coach.

So hungover a bit from the outing last night?
I may have had a few ales, officer.....it was good to catch up all the old crew, most of them I’ve known from school. I think we are going to try and do a reunion for the bigger group in the summer.

Last edited:

Not in the directors cut I watched. Agreed on the rooskies.
There is something amazing about the Olympics. When it was here in 2012 there was a massive buzz in London Like nothing I’ve ever seen. People were even looking at each other on the tube. Incredible.

Top O the Mornin Dads! Head to DaWorld tomorrow but can’t catch a break, pumping the cold meds since yesterday and more of the same today to keep the creeping crude that came on yesterday under control. Have a good weekend.
Sorry about her getting sick just in time for the big event, best of luck to her today and sorry you have to miss it. Other side of being a Dad, providing for them, can sometimes get in the way. Hopefully she advances and you get another shot at watching her.
Completely agree
Congrats to Declan and the team, statement game right there.
Good to hear he should be all good. Positive thoughts and some pixie dust sent over for full recovery.

Afternoon Guys,

DS had a tough one this morning. They didn't shoot well and had a few too many turn overs in a 83-78 loss to the 2nd ranked team in the Province (they are 4th). They play again in a couple of hours in the 3/4 seeding game. Win and they will likely have to go through the #1 ranked team next weekend to make it to the provincial final, lose and the road would be a little easier but the loss would suck.

Afternoon Guys,

DS had a tough one this morning. They didn't shoot well and had a few too many turn overs in a 83-78 loss to the 2nd ranked team in the Province (they are 4th). They play again in a couple of hours in the 3/4 seeding game. Win and they will likely have to go through the #1 ranked team next weekend to make it to the provincial final, lose and the road would be a little easier but the loss would suck.
Sorry to hear that...tough loss. Hopefully it was just a lull after the blowout and they'll come back more hungry.

Top O the Mornin Dads! Head to DaWorld tomorrow but can’t catch a break, pumping the cold meds since yesterday and more of the same today to keep the creeping crude that came on yesterday under control. Have a good weekend.
Sorry to hear that...I've been fighting it since Monday, so here's praying you get better faster than I have and before da world.

Hopefully, if you got something similar to me...it hasn't made me FEEL too bad, just the nagging runny nose and coughing.

Sorry about her getting sick just in time for the big event, best of luck to her today and sorry you have to miss it. Other side of being a Dad, providing for them, can sometimes get in the way. Hopefully she advances and you get another shot at watching her

The work i can handle. Watching swim meets are just brutal, even when they are for championships.

Sorry to hear that...tough loss. Hopefully it was just a lull after the blowout and they'll come back more hungry.

No worries, clinched the 3rd seed with an 88-51 win. The top 3 teams in the Province are in this regional so it is a tough one to get through.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter