DDC XXXIV: The Original Home Of The DISDads!!!

Morning Guys,

Still watching the Olympics, USA vs Slovenia in Men's Hockey right now. Did watch some of the men's curling but man is that game slow after watching the mixed doubles.

DS is having his first valentines date tonight, taking his girlfriend out to an Italian place. I guess he's growing up.

Hope you all have a good one.

Last edited:
Couldn’t be more pleased that our hometown girl won gold in mixed doubles curling today. Woot!

Very cool!

No, but funny you should mention it. I local team won men's curling gold at the 2006 Torino Olympics. My city took a whole subdivision and named a street for each player. I actually live on one of those streets. :p

Sounds like a deserving tribute.

Interviews both went well. Another interview tomorrow. The second interview today went very well if the comment at the end was any indication (this isn't my first rodeo, so I'm pretty sure this bodes well)...

They said they wanted to move quickly on the position and I should be hearing from them soon.

If it hadn't gone well, the hiring manager wouldn't say that.

Glad to hear it! Hope you get some good news soon.

While true, and I hope you're right and you get the job.... any of them.... I also am familiar with "Wow! You're perfect for the job! You can pretty much expect to be hired." followed by.... nothing.

Yeah...I've gotten a lot of "You were an excellent interview. 10 out of 10."

"So why didn't I get the job?"

(crickets)

And you messed them up with those roundabouts.

Hey, we invented the Internet, Television and the Jet Engine. They couldn't all be winners ;).

I don't think I'll ever understand how people can have so much difficulty with roundabouts. They're not that hard!

Happy V day.

All I can say is...... good luck.

Can't wait for our fine evening at the Waffle House! :woohoo:

Interviews both went well. Another interview tomorrow. The second interview today went very well if the comment at the end was any indication (this isn't my first rodeo, so I'm pretty sure this bodes well)...

They said they wanted to move quickly on the position and I should be hearing from them soon.

If it hadn't gone well, the hiring manager wouldn't say that.
Best of luck to you.
I actually did job interviews this week, but as the interviewer. I used the "we'll be in touch" line at the end for all them. Not sure what the best way is to end them off - I haven't conducted enough to know.

Happy Fat Tuesday Mardi Gras. Drank a lot of tequila. Man, that stuff is terrific.
No tequila last night, just had pancakes for supper. Any other places have that tradition? Do you hide coins in the pancakes? My girls have always had fun with that.

Were they locals or did you know them before they were infamous?
I am far from a first name basis with him, but the team skip had a daughter in the same dance class as mine, so I've made small talk with him a few times while picking the kids up. I wish I knew him well enough to ask to see his gold medal. I've never seen one " in person" and it would just be cool.

Have a great Weds chaps, and if you got the gift right, it could be a good hump day.
Is it a bad thing that DW and I really don't make a big deal out of it anymore? I did wish her happy valentines day this morning, but we have no intention of getting gifts for each other. and it's homemade pizza for supper on a weeknight. Might attempt to go out for dinner on the weekend, but that's about it.

Still watching the Olympics, USA vs Slovakia in Men's Hockey right now. Did watch some of the men's curling but man is that game slow after watching the mixed doubles.
Ditto! For my first time watching mixed doubles, I enjoyed it. I'll still watch the men's & women's games when I can though. This time zone is killing me. Can't stream in the office (I tried and it's blocked, of course) but I check scores non the CBC app so I already know the outcomes by the time they replay everything in the evenings.

DS is having his first valentines date tonight, taking his girlfriend out to an Italian place. I guess he's growing up.
Yeah, that happens.

DD cancelled on her boyfriend because she has a physics test tomorrow :laughing:
I guess I should be happy she cares more about school than him. But they are going out for dinner Thursday night.

While true, and I hope you're right and you get the job.... any of them.... I also am familiar with "Wow! You're perfect for the job! You can pretty much expect to be hired." followed by.... nothing.

(crickets)
I spoke with the recruiter after the interview and they also said after my phone interview, the hiring manager said he liked and wanted me. This interview was with his boss (VP), so it was simply convincing him I was the right person and a good fit. Obviously nothing is concrete until I get the written offer(or actually start), but it sounds (and feels) good.

Hey wait a minute! You're not in Georgia. In Georgia, you can't make an exit off of the Interstate until there's a waffle house there. True story! ;)

Last edited:
I enjoyed watching that pair
Said every man in history.

So you can send fake messages from her account now? ;)
:rotfl:
Is it a bad thing that DW and I really don't make a big deal out of it anymore?
We never really did. First time I thought she was doing the fake out, but when I bought her a present she said "i already told you not to do Valentines Day", so we've dialled it down to practically zero.
Any other places have that tradition?
:wave:
Do you hide coins in the pancakes?
Nope. That's Xmas pudding for us.

(crickets)

Yup.

I don't think I'll ever understand how people can have so much difficulty with roundabouts. They're not that hard!

Faster too. They replaced a few four way stops with roundabouts and the lineups of cars just disappeared.

Noice.

I spoke with the recruiter after the interview and they also said after my phone interview, the hiring manager said he liked and wanted me. This interview was with his boss (VP), so it was simply convincing him I was the right person and a good fit. Obviously nothing is concrete until I get the written offer, but it sounds (and feels) good.

Well, that sure sounds promising. Hope it works out!

Said every man in history.

:lmao:

Happy Ash Wednesday and Valentine's Day. Makes for an odd pairing. The Red Lobsters will be crowded tonight. :lmao:

DW and I celebrated valentine's day on Monday, and then i brought home roses yesterday for her. I'm playing tennis tonight.

Which makes you potentially 9 months away from being a grandparent. That just got real. :scared1::eek::scared1:

Waffle House is terrific, yet two closed here in my town. No interstate roads to bring in the travelers.

No tequila last night, just had pancakes for supper. Any other places have that tradition? Do you hide coins in the pancakes? My girls have always had fun with that.

DD cancelled on her boyfriend because she has a physics test tomorrow :laughing:
I guess I should be happy she cares more about school than him.

DW brought home a "king bread", which i hadn't heard of for Mardi Gras. Like King cake, after they bake it, they stick a baby Jesus inside and ice the top so you don't know where it is. Whoever eats the part and chips a tooth gets a gift. :lmao:

Glad to hear dd is taking school seriously, just hope it's not too serious. DW wants my girls to do the college credit/ associates degree while they are in HS. I guess it saves $ in the long run, but i don't know if it gives them enough time to be kids.

They put a new two-lane roundabout here a couple of years ago and people are still losing their minds.

Two lanes.... yeah I can see how that might be a tad intimidating to the uninitiated.

Holy moly I meet the criteria for this club in many many ways lol

:welcome: to the club. And welcome to the DIS, too since you're fairly new to that as well. :)

Happy Valentine's Day guys. Hope you all did well and no one is in the doghouse.

Yesterday I booked a 1 BR at the Boardwalk for Marathon Weekend. Trying to get something for October for F&W.

Roundabouts are OK except when you are driving on the left side of the road. I can't wrap my mind around which way to turn into etc.

I spoke with the recruiter after the interview and they also said after my phone interview, the hiring manager said he liked and wanted me. This interview was with his boss (VP), so it was simply convincing him I was the right person and a good fit. Obviously nothing is concrete until I get the written offer(or actually start), but it sounds (and feels) good.

Good luck, hope you get it.

DW brought home a "king bread", which i hadn't heard of for Mardi Gras. Like King cake, after they bake it, they stick a baby Jesus inside and ice the top so you don't know where it is. Whoever eats the part and chips a tooth gets a gift. :lmao:

Love King Cake. Great tradition. Not familiar with the coins in pancakes though.

Welcome and jump right in.

:welcome: WELCOME TO THE DISDAD'S CLUB gameboyjay! :welcome:

You have been added to The Official DISDad Members List on Page 1, Posts 8 & 9!:thumbsup2

Your Official Member Number is #841!

To see where else you can find the DISDads on the internet, please check out Post 3 on Page One!

If you would like anything added to Page One about yourself, please send me a PM. FYI, I do not add anything to page one about you without your permission.​

Trying to get something for October for F&W.
We'd love to go during F&W, and cross over with Halloween. I think at least 2 years before the curly haired ninja is able to do Orlando and back in a week. The kids only get a week for that holiday.
I can't wrap my mind around which way to turn into etc
I know what you're saying. I still do a double take on the ones in France around DLP, although I've done them repeatedly.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter