DDC XXXIV: The Original Home Of The DISDads!!!

Discussion in 'DIS Dads' started by Cinderella's Fella, Dec 10, 2014.

1. AirGoofy

AirGoofy DIS Dad#341

Happy Sunday. DW had to go out of town for work tomorrow, so I've got to manage getting both girls to school tomorrow solo. So, I'm drinking tequila tonight.

Married me. Liked you. YUP, terrible judge of character. :lmao:

Adding me to any list may earn you some sympathy, but not much else. However, your seduction skills are superb. ::yes::

:lmao::rotfl::lmao:

TGIF has produced some decent meals and some bad ones. I did like their Jack Daniels steak sauce? But, we drifted away from the larger chain restaurants in search of draft beer with flavor, and not water bud light.

2. Disney Commando

Disney Commando <font color=red>DDC<br><font color=purple>Disney F

I got to tell you Norm, one of these days we will be at WDW the same time, I think if we did a 2 family steakhouse review of somewhere around or at WDW that would be a Awesome moment for the DisDads and a fun time:thumbsup2

Cinderella's Fella likes this.
  3. Avatar

Advertisement

4. Disney Commando

Disney Commando <font color=red>DDC<br><font color=purple>Disney F

I will be at WDW 5/27 - 5/30 & 8/3- 8/10 if any other DisDads are going to be there at that time let me know, maybe we can meet up:confused3:cool1::goodvibes

5. AirGoofy

AirGoofy DIS Dad#341

That sounds like a great plan. A DDC steakhouse review trip. It would be a lot of steak in a week, but I'm game. From my memory, this is the order of the best steaks I've had on property over the different years.

Shula's
    California Grill
    Turf Club
    Yachtsman's Steakhouse
    Le Cellier
    Jiko
    Kona Cafe

Some of these were before renovations, some aren't steakhouses, and others no longer have the particular steak dish on their menu. Still, I'm willing to try them again.

6. declansdad

declansdad DIS Dad #639 New Brunswick, Canada

Morning All,

Welcome to Monday!

7. RodBelding

RodBelding DIS Dad #589

Happy monday from a cold and rainy Boston guys. Feel for those running the marathon in this today...

She's 10, so she thought it was really neat to be walking on the side of the ride and then out the back. Plus they gave us a free fastpass for any ride, so that was cool.

8. londontime

londontime DisDad #818. London. Allo Mairee Pawpins.

Morning Chaps from a Sunny London. Started the Garden Summer project, and the gym (Darcy the spritzer was divine, they must have a new Chardonnay in)

Miss you by a week in August.
    I can do TGI's, last time I had one over here I had some moody chicken wings and I lost a stone in a week. I could do with some of that right now, after 2 weeks in the low country. It's nigh on impossible to avoid bread over there.
    More of a binge watching box sets guy. I don't really watch live TV, apart from News and Sport.
    It's the accent. You are all powerless in the face of it.

Have a great Monday all......

9. GoofyIsAsGoofyDoes

GoofyIsAsGoofyDoes If it’s still here tomorrow… I may ignore it again

'Morning all...
    Monthly closing and reporting completed; means that I might just have time to drop by over here more often.
    (My apologies for tossing out such a vile threat this early in the week)

Nothing beats proper preparation.

Usually, I'd just groan at that one, but today is actually my Thursday...
    Survive this one and half a day tomorrow and I'm off on a road trip with my lovely to celebrate our anniversary.
    Time for a break from reality.

I've only ever been walked off of one attraction down at The World. That was Spaceship Earth.
    Very steep stairway, but interesting to see a small bit of the workings

Two very different ways to go about loosing fourteen pounds...
    And honestly...
    I ain't sure which is worse.

Fact!!!
    It's a serious downfall for us South'rn folk that are even attempting to watch the calorie intake.
    But how many of us are truly watching?

10. cj9200

cj9200 DIS Dad #412

Morning guys. They are not going to complete the unexpected expense job till Sunday. I get a check by then so I don't have to hunt for change in the couches to pay them. So, a better start for the week unlike how last week ended.

I was thinking the same thing.

There was a time when I would be all in for that.

Watching it now. Horrible conditions. They just showed a radar of the Boston area and it looks like the rain is going to continue throughout the race.

She is that old? Seems like yesterday she was 4-5 when we met up for the pre-DDC meet. I bet she told the story to any friend that would listen.

Back at you

11. Terra Nova guy

Terra Nova guy DIS Dad #811 Newfoundland, Canada

Hello Monday.
    Had a busy weekend with youngest DDs dance competition Saturday and Sunday. It's the first of four different competitions she's in over the next 5 weekends.
    The sad thing is that there is far too much "dance moms" drama going on - in a nutshell the school has become divided between the "elite" dancers and "the others", my DD being in the others. I could care less about the elite status, my DD is there to have fun and enjoy herself, whether they win a trophy is not the important thing for us. But "the others" group is being shunned more and more and ignored much of the time even by the instructors, who are focused on the elite group that can produce the trophies. Dance should be a place to lift the girls up, not tear them down. We've pretty much decided we're leaving that studio after this year and hope to find something better. The sad this is either way, DD is upset - stay and she's ostracized, leave and she loses some friends in her group. Sad that things have to go this way.
    Anyway, Monday morning rant over.

12. declansdad

declansdad DIS Dad #639 New Brunswick, Canada

Sad to hear that crap, unfortunately I have heard stuff like that way too often.

Terra Nova guy likes this.
  13. Cinderella's Fella

Cinderella's Fella DIS Dad #215 Maryland, The Land Of Merry!

Maybe we need to sent the team in...
    [​IMG]

14. londontime

Sorry for the young'un mate, that's just totally unnecessary.

15. londontime

Nah, Jeff could take all of those with one hand tied behind his back. Well, maybe except Terry Crews.

16. londontime

Or I could do both and lose 28.....
    Although I would have to give the gym equipment a small wipe down post workout.

17. AirGoofy

AirGoofy DIS Dad#341

You and I can do the DDC lounge drink review. Sure, it will take awhile to drink that many drinks, but I'm willing to try. Tambu is first followed by Mizner's.

Sorry to hear about the dance drama. We went through that for a couple of years, and I'm my girls moved on. Last night, my oldest sang solo at church. She's not going to be a professional singer, but I'm proud of her for singing by herself with the other musicians. She sounded good.

18. RodBelding

RodBelding DIS Dad #589

I would love to backstage on Spaceship Earth. Sounds cool

Feels like she's aging at double-speed. I swear I'm only 5 years older than when she was born... ;)

Next thing I know she'll be wrestling sharks and carrying a shiv around for no good reason.

19. Cinderella's Fella

Cinderella's Fella DIS Dad #215 Maryland, The Land Of Merry!

:lmao:

20. cj9200

cj9200 DIS Dad #412

Same with sports teams and all other groups for kids. Too bad some parents have to ruin it for everyone. They think their child is the next prima ballerina, Mickey Mantle, Tom Brady...

Monorail crawl. One afternoon a few years ago, I tried it in the afternoon and most resorts only the pool bars were open. Possibilities are endless.

Good for her.

Good one. Don't blink or next she will be asking for the keys to the car.

21. cj9200

cj9200 DIS Dad #412

Best minor league park in America. And at least we are not Cincinnati.