DDC XXXIV: The Original Home Of The DISDads!!!

I'm getting bombarded by scam calls on my cell. Two interesting ones today. On one, the caller ID said it was coming from Russia. Russia? Seriously? The second one left a partial voicemail that seemed to start in mid sentence, "and tomorrow you will get 2 letters in the mailbox. On the upper left hand on the envelope will be your name and code Blah Blah, Blah. I could send it by UPS but that will cost $15.95. Please call me so I can send it by UPS." Ummm. if I am getting it tomorrow by mail, why would I call you to send it by UPS? Hope the bozo that left the voicemail is proud of the profession he chose. Its annoying but sometimes comical. Is this happening to anyone else?

As a hint to everyone, if you are not in my contact list, I don't pick up. If you don't leave a voicemail, you will not hear from me.

I'm getting bombarded by scam calls on my cell. Two interesting ones today. On one, the caller ID said it was coming from Russia. Russia? Seriously? The second one left a partial voicemail that seemed to start in mid sentence, "and tomorrow you will get 2 letters in the mailbox. On the upper left hand on the envelope will be your name and code Blah Blah, Blah. I could send it by UPS but that will cost $15.95. Please call me so I can send it by UPS." Ummm. if I am getting it tomorrow by mail, why would I call you to send it by UPS? Hope the bozo that left the voicemail is proud of the profession he chose. Its annoying but sometimes comical. Is this happening to anyone else?

As a hint to everyone, if you are not in my contact list, I don't pick up. If you don't leave a voicemail, you will not hear from me.

When I have extra time and already had a few, I love answering these calls and messing with them. My fav way to answer is - You are on the air Congratulations! Your our 10th caller. What's your name and where are you calling from ( most of the time they actually say since they think they will win something:ssst: WRONG never going to happen:rotfl2:)I then say if you can name the song of the day you win $10,000 ( this is where the real fun starts:cool1:) no matter if they say a top 40 or a classic , I always will say there name and say ---- this is a (top 40 or Classic rock station opposite of whatever the said) we would never play that here, better luck next time:jumping1:

Monorail crawl. One afternoon a few years ago, I tried it in the afternoon and most resorts only the pool bars were open. Possibilities are endless.

Nah, I think it is better to stay in one bar and drink everything they have to offer. Try the next bar then.

I usually do that, but every now and then i answer in case it's one of my children stranded somewhere. Then, the caller says this number called them times that day. I try to explain it wasn't me and it was spoofing, but they don't understand. I tell them to google it and hang up. Ugh...:furious:

That sounds like a great plan. A DDC steakhouse review trip. It would be a lot of steak in a week, but I'm game. From my memory, this is the order of the best steaks I've had on property over the different years.

Shula's
California Grill
Turf Club
Yachtsman's Steakhouse
Le Cellier
Jiko
Kona Cafe

Some of these were before renovations, some aren't steakhouses, and others no longer have the particular steak dish on their menu. Still, I'm willing to try them again.

I would say both our #1 is the same:thumbsup2 then I would go with
Turf Club
Teppen Edo
Edison
Boatwright
Olivia's

The worst I've had was Bongo's

I am looking to try Capa at The Four Season's

Morning chaps from a Sunny London. Still on Mission Garden. Summer house is now empty, just need to strip out the electrics ready for demo.
Fingers crossed for the Lady K, she's going for a big interview.

I love answering these calls and messing with them.
I had a guy on the phone for the best part of an hour when I was driving to Birmingham from London, I was bored. He was one of those "Have you had an accident" ones. We went through all my details and stress, and then he asked me what the accident was. I told him I had accidentally cut my own head off. He called me not a very nice name, and now I tend not to get blind calls.

It's pretty good. Nice views of all the fireworks.

Turf is good
Narcoosees - mine was meh, DS's was very good
Not to bring it back full circle, but the Steak at Victoria and Alberts was incredible.

Usually, I'd just groan at that one, but today is actually my Thursday..
Happy Friday Rob. Do you want me to call it?

Have a great Tuesday/Friday all

Morning Guys.

Rainfall warning today with has fired up the flood watch. Good times.

sub-buzz-28601-1489632953-2.jpg

I'm getting bombarded by scam calls on my cell. Two interesting ones today. On one, the caller ID said it was coming from Russia. Russia? Seriously?

Maybe they were recruiting trolls.

When I have extra time and already had a few, I love answering these calls and messing with them. My fav way to answer is - You are on the air Congratulations! Your our 10th caller. What's your name and where are you calling from ( most of the time they actually say since they think they will win something:ssst: WRONG never going to happen:rotfl2:)I then say if you can name the song of the day you win $10,000 ( this is where the real fun starts:cool1:) no matter if they say a top 40 or a classic , I always will say there name and say ---- this is a (top 40 or Classic rock station opposite of whatever the said) we would never play that here, better luck next time:jumping1:

I had a guy on the phone for the best part of an hour when I was driving to Birmingham from London, I was bored. He was one of those "Have you had an accident" ones. We went through all my details and stress, and then he asked me what the accident was. I told him I had accidentally cut my own head off. He called me not a very nice name, and now I tend not to get blind calls.

laughing hysterically gif.gif

'Morning all...
Half a day and I'm out'a here.
Taking the Missus on a road trip for the current anniversary.
(Least I could do for her just for tolerating me all this time).

Hello Monday.
Had a busy weekend with youngest DDs dance competition Saturday and Sunday. It's the first of four different competitions she's in over the next 5 weekends.
The sad thing is that there is far too much "dance moms" drama going on - in a nutshell the school has become divided between the "elite" dancers and "the others", my DD being in the others. I could care less about the elite status, my DD is there to have fun and enjoy herself, whether they win a trophy is not the important thing for us. But "the others" group is being shunned more and more and ignored much of the time even by the instructors, who are focused on the elite group that can produce the trophies. Dance should be a place to lift the girls up, not tear them down. We've pretty much decided we're leaving that studio after this year and hope to find something better. The sad this is either way, DD is upset - stay and she's ostracized, leave and she loses some friends in her group. Sad that things have to go this way.
Anyway, Monday morning rant over.
You mean to tell me that kind'a stuff goes on outside the US?
Who'd a thunk?

Sorry to hear that your young'en is having to deal with such nonsense.

You and I can do the DDC lounge drink review. Sure, it will take awhile to drink that many drinks, but I'm willing to try. Tambu is first followed by Mizner's.
That sounds like an excellent study group to be a part of.
Especially is someone other than me is picking up the bar tabs.

Not likely, I s'pect...

Good one. Don't blink or next she will be asking for the keys to the car.
Oh, it can get worse...
Mine is currently asking for more rent and tuition.

Duly noted.
I also ignore numbers I don't recognize.
(and being as I don't have any friends in the first place, that's nearly every number.)

When I have extra time and already had a few, I love answering these calls and messing with them. My fav way to answer is - You are on the air Congratulations! Your our 10th caller. What's your name and where are you calling from ( most of the time they actually say since they think they will win something:ssst: WRONG never going to happen:rotfl2:)I then say if you can name the song of the day you win $10,000 ( this is where the real fun starts:cool1:) no matter if they say a top 40 or a classic , I always will say there name and say ---- this is a (top 40 or Classic rock station opposite of whatever the said) we would never play that here, better luck next time.
Nice!
Next time though, tell 'em that they actually won the 10K and that you need their contact info and bank account to transfer the funds.

I usually do that, but every now and then i answer in case it's one of my children stranded somewhere. Then, the caller says this number called them times that day. I try to explain it wasn't me and it was spoofing, but they don't understand. I tell them to google it and hang up. Ugh...:furious:
I got one of those once who would not stop calling until I actually answered.
Trying to explain Spoofing to someone that's both ignorant and ticked it pretty much pointless.
She told me that she intended to block my number.
I told her that would basically make my day.

Finger crossed...
toes as well.

Happy Friday Rob. Do you want me to call it?
You can call it whenever the mood strikes.
But either way I'll be downing Sazeracs in Nola by tomorrow.

:laughing:

I would say both our #1 is the same:thumbsup2 then I would go with
Turf Club
Teppen Edo
Edison
Boatwright
Olivia's

The worst I've had was Bongo's

I went to Bongo's on our honeymoon in 2000, but i don't remember what i ate, other than plantains.

I forgot about Teppen Edo, it was good. I've been to Oilvia's multiple times, but i either didn't order the steak or it didn't rank high enough for me. Haven't tried the others.

It's difficult to rank the lower on my list. Was the oak grilled filet at Jiko better than what I ordered at Le Cellier? The one at Cali Grill was cooked superb, but it was the sauce that ranked it so high.

Turf is good
Narcoosees - mine was meh, DS's was very good
Not to bring it back full circle, but the Steak at Victoria and Alberts was incredible.

Only had lobster at Narcoosee, but you can take me back there and I'll get the steak the next time.

That sounds like an excellent study group to be a part of.
Especially is someone other than me is picking up the bar tabs.

Not likely,

If i win the lotto, I'll gladly pick up the tab.

Well, you do have the face for radio...

The sad thing is that there is far too much "dance moms" drama going on - in a nutshell the school has become divided between the "elite" dancers and "the others", my DD being in the others. I could care less about the elite status, my DD is there to have fun and enjoy herself, whether they win a trophy is not the important thing for us. But "the others" group is being shunned more and more and ignored much of the time even by the instructors, who are focused on the elite group that can produce the trophies. Dance should be a place to lift the girls up, not tear them down. We've pretty much decided we're leaving that studio after this year and hope to find something better. The sad this is either way, DD is upset - stay and she's ostracized, leave and she loses some friends in her group. Sad that things have to go this way.
Anyway, Monday morning rant over.

Brutal. It sounds just like a bad Little League team. Sorry you're having to deal with that.

Good one. Don't blink or next she will be asking for the keys to the car.

My ears are burning.

I usually have the same policy. Sometimes they get me, though. They're getting better at calling using local area codes, which always makes you wonder if it's the school calling or someone you should answer. Like you said, I figure if they really need to reach me they can leave a voice mail.

I had a guy on the phone for the best part of an hour when I was driving to Birmingham from London, I was bored. He was one of those "Have you had an accident" ones. We went through all my details and stress, and then he asked me what the accident was. I told him I had accidentally cut my own head off.

:rotfl2::rotfl2:

Half a day and I'm out'a here.
Taking the Missus on a road trip for the current anniversary.
(Least I could do for her just for tolerating me all this time).

Congratulations! Have a great time! What's the itinerary?

Congratulations! Have a great time! What's the itinerary?

Half the drive tonight and checking into a spot in the Garden District tomorrow afternoon
Hop on the St Charles Streetcar for the 1.25 tour, Dinner at Mulate's, and bit of poking around the Warehouse district.

Day-2 – off to the Vieux Carré for the day. Carriage ride in the AM, lunch at Muriel's, aboard the Natchez in the afternoon and exploring in the evening (possibly with a stop at Preservation Hall and/or a stroll along Frenchman St.).

Day-3 – Start off in Nola with no exact plan. Will depend on what strikes us, but a likely contender would be the National WWII Museum. Afternoon driving toward Mobile (with a likely stop for some grub and a walk on the gulf shore somewhere along the way.

Day-4 - Mobile and in particular, exploring the Ship there. There are several options for the rest of the day. Heading toward Montgomery late to cut down on the drive back home.

Homeward bound, likely stopping in downtown Montgomery for a spell (and a potential detour through Columbus GA, but that’s not set in stone) .

Happy Tuesday guys. Haven't posted a pic of the shark tagger in a while....

Here she is taking blood from a sandbar shark. This boat doesn't have a platform so they have to do the workup while it is in the water.

Misc. 2.jpg

Sharks' blood coagulates quickly so they have to separate the red blood cells from the plasma right after they take a sample. Here is the centrifuge she uses.

Misc. 3.jpg

Good luck Lady K.

Well, you do have the face for radio...

A lot of us do.

Half the drive tonight and checking into a spot in the Garden District tomorrow afternoon
Hop on the St Charles Streetcar for the 1.25 tour, Dinner at Mulate's, and bit of poking around the Warehouse district.

Day-2 – off to the Vieux Carré for the day. Carriage ride in the AM, lunch at Muriel's, aboard the Natchez in the afternoon and exploring in the evening (possibly with a stop at Preservation Hall and/or a stroll along Frenchman St.).

Day-3 – Start off in Nola with no exact plan. Will depend on what strikes us, but a likely contender would be the National WWII Museum. Afternoon driving toward Mobile (with a likely stop for some grub and a walk on the gulf shore somewhere along the way.

Day-4 - Mobile and in particular, exploring the Ship there. There are several options for the rest of the day. Heading toward Montgomery late to cut down on the drive back home.

Homeward bound, likely stopping in downtown Montgomery for a spell (and a potential detour through Columbus GA, but that’s not set in stone) .

Nice little getaway you have there. Can you send me some beignets from Cafe du Monde? Enjoy the anniversary.

::yes::
I'm the same way. Mine wasn't spam...I finally answered. Stupid recruiter. LEAVE A MESSAGE IF YOU EXPECT A RESPONSE (well a positive one)!!!

The thing that has puzzled me is the 6oz. petite steak or the much more expensive 6oz. Filet Mignon, at a restaurant anywhere :rolleyes1. I'm probably not alone with this but to me, Ordering a 6oz steak is like only having 1 beer, it's not going to fill you and you are going to want more, order the bigger one If you can't eat it all you can always take it with you and finish it later:confused3
:thumbsup2:dancer:

Morning compadres from a warm and sunny London. Safe journey Rob, sounds like you've got quite the trip planned there. Tennis in about an hour and then the gym. Going to the tip with the clear out stuff later. Interesting call from one of my old companies today, they were fishing me for a bit of consultancy work. I've got used to this "no email" kind of life.

order the bigger one If you can't eat it all you can always take it with you and finish it later:confused3
This is a distinctly N American phenomenon, boxing up to take home. Some are put off by too much food on their plate, I know my kids are, and the Lady K.
Happy Tuesday guys. Haven't posted a pic of the shark tagger in a while....
Here she is taking blood from a sandbar shark. This boat doesn't have a platform so they have to do the workup while it is in the water.
Awesome stuff. The only way that picture could be better was if she was wearing the Cubs Championship hat next to her. Just a bit of feedback. ;)

Only had lobster at Narcoosee, but you can take me back there and I'll get the steak the next time.
Don't bother mate, stick with the Lobster. You're worth it.

Have a great Wednesday chaps

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter