DDC XXXIV: The Original Home Of The DISDads!!!

Half the drive tonight and checking into a spot in the Garden District tomorrow afternoon
Hop on the St Charles Streetcar for the 1.25 tour, Dinner at Mulate's, and bit of poking around the Warehouse district.

Day-2 – off to the Vieux Carré for the day. Carriage ride in the AM, lunch at Muriel's, aboard the Natchez in the afternoon and exploring in the evening (possibly with a stop at Preservation Hall and/or a stroll along Frenchman St.).

Day-3 – Start off in Nola with no exact plan. Will depend on what strikes us, but a likely contender would be the National WWII Museum. Afternoon driving toward Mobile (with a likely stop for some grub and a walk on the gulf shore somewhere along the way.

Day-4 - Mobile and in particular, exploring the Ship there. There are several options for the rest of the day. Heading toward Montgomery late to cut down on the drive back home.

Homeward bound, likely stopping in downtown Montgomery for a spell (and a potential detour through Columbus GA, but that’s not set in stone) .

Sounds like a good time. Have fun storming the French Quarter!

Here she is taking blood from a sandbar shark.

You have to admit, it's hard to come up with a more bad@$$ sentence than that.

I've got used to this "no email" kind of life.

Is this heaven?

sub-buzz-26691-1489628117-8.png

Is this heaven?
I don't think you realise when you are at work the undercurrent of base stress you have that is generally perpetuated by emails, or I certainly didn't.
This is the first trip in about 8 years I have been on when I haven't had a major project landing or starting as I got back. It was amazing, as even when you switch off, you are never really switched off totally, even at WDW with all its immersion.
Nice tweak action there.

Happy Tuesday guys. Haven't posted a pic of the shark tagger in a while....

Here she is taking blood from a sandbar shark. This boat doesn't have a platform so they have to do the workup while it is in the water.

Another great picture.

The thing that has puzzled me is the 6oz. petite steak or the much more expensive 6oz. Filet Mignon, at a restaurant anywhere :rolleyes1. I'm probably not alone with this but to me, Ordering a 6oz steak is like only having 1 beer, it's not going to fill you and you are going to want more, order the bigger one If you can't eat it all you can always take it with you and finish it later:confused3

A 6 oz filet at WDW isn't bad, as I know I'm going to just eat at the next snack place that looks good.

The thing that has puzzled me is the 6oz. petite steak or the much more expensive 6oz. Filet Mignon, at a restaurant anywhere :rolleyes1. I'm probably not alone with this but to me, Ordering a 6oz steak is like only having 1 beer, it's not going to fill you and you are going to want more, order the bigger one If you can't eat it all you can always take it with you and finish it later:confused3
:thumbsup2:dancer:

tenor.gif

Sitting outside enjoying the sun, reading a book and this big a$$ raccoon strolls right by me. Yesterday it was a small opossum. What the? Yes, I have a lot of trees around but this is suburban Miami, not the everglades.

I'm the same way. Mine wasn't spam...I finally answered. Stupid recruiter. LEAVE A MESSAGE IF YOU EXPECT A RESPONSE (well a positive one)!!!

Exactly.

The only way I like petite steaks is at Food and wine when I am eating a bunch of stuff. Give me a ribeye or NY strip anytime.

Awesome stuff. The only way that picture could be better was if she was wearing the Cubs Championship hat next to her. Just a bit of feedback. ;)

Ummmm, No.

You have to admit, it's hard to come up with a more bad@$$ sentence than that.

I never thought of it that way but I guess you are right.

Another great picture.

Thanks.

Ow. Went for a drop shot at tennis today and have pulled my calf. I'm now hobbling around like an nonagenarian.

Sign you are getting old.

Tried some Tim Horton coffee from the grocery store. Had difficulty with that whole mL conversion. It's good, but not as good as dunkin donuts.

You're really watching Disney movies a lot closer than I do. But yeah, I guess some of those princesses are hot in a young over 18 sort of way? :furious::scared1:

Ow. Went for a drop shot at tennis today and have pulled my calf. I'm now hobbling around like an nonagenarian.

I told you. Don't run.

Maybe you should leave tennis to the Pros, like Norm. ;)

See, Randall paid attention.

Or take his advice and not run.

Wait, you paid attention but did the opposite. That's like coaching my daughter. :sad2:

Sitting outside enjoying the sun, reading a book and this big a$$ raccoon strolls right by me. Yesterday it was a small opossum. What the? Yes, I have a lot of trees around but this is suburban Miami, not the

Wish I could be there with you. I have those things here, minus warm weather, oceans, sand, topless beaches, etc. :sad2:

Sitting outside enjoying the sun, reading a book and this big a$$ raccoon strolls right by me. Yesterday it was a small opossum. What the? Yes, I have a lot of trees around but this is suburban Miami, not the everglades.

I would be quite concerned about seeing either of them during daylight, most of time they only come out in the day if they have rabies:scared::eek::scared1:. I would call the Health Dept, if you see them again during the day:thumbsup2

I would be quite concerned about seeing either of them during daylight, most of time they only come out in the day if they have rabies:scared::eek::scared1:. I would call the Health Dept, if you see them again during the day:thumbsup2

The opossum was up a tree trying to hide and I've seem them up there before. The raccoon had me a little worried so I called Animal Control and they are supposed to lay some traps tomorrow.

The opossum was up a tree trying to hide and I've seem them up there before. The raccoon had me a little worried so I called Animal Control and they are supposed to lay some traps tomorrow.

Hopefully it's nothing, but you are better safe then sorry since it could create a real mess quickly:scared1:

Morning Guys, just another cloudy day up here but we are on the good side of 0!

Holy crap! Did you call someone? I mean a small opossum that turns into a big a$$ raccoon overnight must we worth something.

Tried some Tim Horton coffee from the grocery store. Had difficulty with that whole mL conversion. It's good, but not as good as dunkin donuts.

Not a big Tim Horton's coffee fan but if you actually get it at the coffee shop it is better than Dunkin's.

Afternoon boys from an 83f and Sunny London. Having a "design meeting" with the Lady Katharine, amazingly what I drew for the garden she has no recollection of and doesn't want it to look like that. It's just like being back at work.

Happy Thursday chaps, enjoy your day.

Afternoon boys from an 83f and Sunny London. Having a "design meeting" with the Lady Katharine, amazingly what I drew for the garden she has no recollection of and doesn't want it to look like that. It's just like being back at work.

Happy Thursday chaps, enjoy your day.
1f71b9102053a5b94c844505a3c0c58f602703ada2b3dc7aa7c47b5672aecabf.jpg

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter