DDC XXXIV: The Original Home Of The DISDads!!!

Hoping to hear the comeback of the year story tomorrow.

Did Darcy post something? :lmao:

We won our first match, and waiting for 2nd. By my scouting, we lost to the #1 team last night. However, I don't think there are enough games we can win to catch up.

I love the fact you can buy basically an amended M-16, but Kinder eggs are dangerous...

::yes:: :lmao:

Well this is the worst stall on brisket I’ve ever had. 5hrs and only a 10f shift. This brisket has been on for 12.5 hrs and is still 30f off pulling temp. Nightmare. Anyone for pizza?

Needs more beer.

I love the fact you can buy basically an amended M-16, but Kinder eggs are dangerous...
The thing that makes me upset about it is it's the idiotic parents giving them to their kids and not supervising (or at least giving them some semblance of caution) their kids and then the kid puts something in their mouth and chokes and it's the MANUFACTURER'S fault????? I never choked on anything when I was a kid because my parents didn't give me the small parts until I was old enough to realize it shouldn't go in my mouth. Parenting 101 vs. let's sue someone else for our stupidity.

Get off my lawn!

Rain delay. Back tomorrow.

The thing that makes me upset about it is it's the idiotic parents giving them to their kids and not supervising (or at least giving them some semblance of caution) their kids and then the kid puts something in their mouth and chokes and it's the MANUFACTURER'S fault????? I never choked on anything when I was a kid because my parents didn't give me the small parts until I was old enough to realize it shouldn't go in my mouth. Parenting 101 vs. let's sue someone else for our stupidity.

Get off my lawn!

11 years ago or so, in a galaxy not so far away, Cinderella's Royal Table gave out a battery operated "wishing star" with a button battery. It was bigger than a bottle top, but not much larger. They brought around wands, stars with flashing lights, and the little princesses waved their wands over the stars. We brought them home as a souvenir. My oldest dd managed to unscrew the wishing star and swallow the button battery. We called poison control and took her to the ER for a X-ray, where we could see the battery in the stomach. It came out the exit port naturally. I did email (or call?) Disney to let them know of the design flaw that a 4 year old could unscrew and swallow their battery. Cinderella's Royal Table now gives out plastic wishing stars the size of hot wheels.

I never did think about suing them since it was at my house. Some people just try for the quick win lawsuit.

Get off my lawn!

You are not missing anything with Kindereggs, worst tasting chocolate ever!

Well the tournament is done for Declan and his team, lost both today but much different than expected. Lost the first game in OT. They may have won if they didn't lose their starting point guard in the third quarter with a sprained ankle. Lost the second game 82-50 but they actually didn't play that bad, just didn't have the horses to run with them for four quarters. The good thing is that we don't have to leave town tomorrow for more games!!

Another tournament next weekend in Montreal and a couple days of vacation.

Morning chaps from and 84f and humid London.
Not much on today, I'm in the garden having a cheeky espresso with the strains of "How great thou art" coming from the Church across the road. Doing a bit of touring plan on Rome. Leftover brisket and coleslaw for dinner. It was awfully good, but we ended up eating at about 9 rather than at 6, I just made the Ribs an appetiser, so not too shabby.

worst tasting chocolate ever!
Hersheys kisses are my least favourite. The curly haired Ninja loves a kinder egg.

Montreal and a couple days of vacation.
Love Montreal. Great place. Enjoy your break.

We called poison control and took her to the ER for a X-ray, where we could see the battery in the stomach. It came out the exit port naturally.
You could have sent it back in its new packaging, that would have made them take notice.

Well the tournament is done for Declan and his team,
Sorry to hear that, but win on the day of rest.

Parenting 101 vs. let's sue someone else for our stupidity.
Litigation is the Holy grail of people who cannot be arsed to get up and make their money. It's why we can't have nice things.
Some people absolutely deserve to be compensated for malpractice or putting people at risk, but a lot of it is nonsense.

Have a great Sunday, and be you a Rascal, a Scoundrel, a Villain or Knave, drink up me 'earties.

Yo Ho.

Rain delay. Back tomorrow.

11 years ago or so, in a galaxy not so far away, Cinderella's Royal Table gave out a battery operated "wishing star" with a button battery. It was bigger than a bottle top, but not much larger. They brought around wands, stars with flashing lights, and the little princesses waved their wands over the stars. We brought them home as a souvenir. My oldest dd managed to unscrew the wishing star and swallow the button battery. We called poison control and took her to the ER for a X-ray, where we could see the battery in the stomach. It came out the exit port naturally. I did email (or call?) Disney to let them know of the design flaw that a 4 year old could unscrew and swallow their battery. Cinderella's Royal Table now gives out plastic wishing stars the size of hot wheels.

I never did think about suing them since it was at my house. Some people just try for the quick win lawsuit.
Sorry, I guess I used too broad of a brush...
I'm not saying it can't happen, but rather the folks that want to sue or point the finger at someone else.

You are not missing anything with Kindereggs, worst tasting chocolate ever!
I disagree. I really like white chocolate and the combination of white and regular chocolate in Kindereggs, to me at least, is amazing.

Not much on today, I'm in the garden having a cheeky espresso with the strains of "How great thou art" coming from the Church across the road. Doing a bit of touring plan on Rome. Leftover brisket and coleslaw for dinner. It was awfully good, but we ended up eating at about 9 rather than at 6, I just made the Ribs an appetiser, so not too shabby.
Expresso and how great thou art don't go together. ;) As a non-coffee drinker, IMHO, it would be more like how much it sucks! Leftover brisket...yum!

Hersheys kisses are my least favourite. The curly haired Ninja loves a kinder egg.
There are two variants of hersheys kisses in the states I like...the hugs (remember I like white chocolate) and the cherry cordial ones.

Been to Montreal once and don't remember much other than a lot of nice cathedrals.

You could have sent it back in its new packaging, that would have made them take notice.
Initial response....ewwww
Follow-on response...yep, I think they definitely would have taken notice. :rotfl2:

Litigation is the Holy grail of people who cannot be arsed to get up and make their money. It's why we can't have nice things.
Some people absolutely deserve to be compensated for malpractice or putting people at risk, but a lot of it is nonsense.
Agreed. I guess that was really the point I was trying to make. Too many people who can't be troubled with being responsible for themselves or their children and want to sue someone else for issues that arise. Yes, sometimes as parents, we can't foresee everything or protect against it and accidents happen. It's when a parent wants to blame someone else or extort money, I have the issue.

Have a great Sunday guys. Heading to church and debating whether I want to let the young'un drive or whether I'd like to get there without being panicked. ;)

Morning All.

Quiet, cloudy morning here. Just having some coffee and watching a pretty boring F1 German Grand Prix. Not a lot planned today except for a soccer game this evening.

Have a good one!

Been to Montreal once and don't remember much other than a lot of nice cathedrals.

We won't see much of Montreal in this one, mostly just the inside of a gym. We are taking a could of days to drive home through the US. Headed for Montpelier for a night, a trip through the White Mountains and a shopping stop in North Conway and then on to Maine before heading back to NB.

Happy Sunday. We won our rain delayed match from last night 40-10, a dominating performance. Now, we are on another rain delay. If we win the next match by the same score, we are still 16 games out of winning the flight. So, we lose 21 outdoor courts and get to sit around and wait until they let us play on the 6 indoor courts. We could be here all day. :furious:

Well the tournament is done for Declan and his team, lost both today but much different than expected. Lost the first game in OT. They may have won if they didn't lose their starting point guard in the third quarter with a sprained ankle. Lost the second game 82-50 but they actually didn't play that bad, just didn't have the horses to run with them for four quarters. The good thing is that we don't have to leave town tomorrow for more.

So, no great comeback for Declan's team either? Safe travels home.

Sorry, I guess I used too broad of a brush...
I'm not saying it can't happen, but rather the folks that want to sue or point

. ;)

No offense here as I agreed with you. I didn't think a 3 or 4 year old would have been able to unscrew the battery on the back. Looks like Disney and I both didn't think so. No one wants to take responsibility for anything anymore - people or businesses. Sometimes, accidents are accidents. Sometimes, safety shortcuts are made intentionally for profitability. I like to think that I helped influence Disney merchandising policy. :lmao:

Last edited:
And, we are home and out. Two dominating 40 point performances, but not enough to overcome the first team in the flight. And, it came down to my daughter's Friday bad performance. Not sure if others noticed, but I did. So, we made 2nd in the flight and 3rd overall which is fine for the Olympics but stinks everywhere else. Now, I can start my weekend off. Wait, it's Sunday at 4 PM? :scared1: :furious: :sad:

View attachment 338700
I can’t believe I never noticed it before.

It was there the whole time, 007. Funny, the versions distributed for the Britons looks different than the ones for 'Mericans.

I can't believe I'm going into week 2 of bathroom hell , Needless to say something came up on Sat, and no one showed up:rolleyes1, after a week main rough plumbing is done , tub is in, and about 1/2 of the sheetrock is done:confused3. I wish they left sheetrock here I would have put it up and had it all spakeled for them when they show up in the morning. Job was to be done Sat.:confused3. I'm off Tues , since my wife is not too happy right now. Tues is not going to be a good day here since S rolls down hill, There will be a new boss in town :scared1::thumbsup2. This is a 5ft x 6.5ft room really I have seen more action done in a store overnight then what I'm seeing, they better be serving us cocktails and finger foods when this is done:rotfl2:

Last edited:
Morning compadres from a 90f London.
Kids first day of the 6 week holiday today.
We’ve sneaked in another break, our friends have a house in Cornwall and we are spending a few nights there the week after next.

Welcome to Monday.

Morning all from a humid Fredericton, another good day to be in the AC.

4 Day week this week before heading to a basketball tournament in Montreal and then a drive home through the USA. Should be fun.

I can't believe I'm going into week 2 of bathroom hell , Needless to say something came up on Sat, and no one showed up:rolleyes1, after a week main rough plumbing is done , tub is in, and about 1/2 of the sheetrock is done:confused3. I wish they left sheetrock here I would have put it up and had it all spakeled for them when they show up in the morning. Job was to be done Sat.:confused3. I'm off Tues , since my wife is not too happy right now. Tues is not going to be a good day here since S rolls down hill, There will be a new boss in town :scared1::thumbsup2. This is a 5ft x 6.5ft room really I have seen more action done in a store overnight then what I'm seeing, they better be serving us cocktails and finger foods when this is done:rotfl2:

Hope they get it all done for you so.

Morning compadres from a 90f London.
Kids first day of the 6 week holiday today.
We’ve sneaked in another break, our friends have a house in Cornwall and we are spending a few nights there the week after next.

Welcome to Monday.

Do your friends know? ;)

Top O the Mornin Dads! Hope all had a good weekend and by the sounds of things a lot of good Dad stuff. "A true hero isn't measured by the size of his strength, but by the strength of his heart." -- Zeus (Hercules)
Well the tournament is done for Declan and his team, lost both today but much different than expected. Lost the first game in OT. They may have won if they didn't lose their starting point guard in the third quarter with a sprained ankle. Lost the second game 82-50 but they actually didn't play that bad, just didn't have the horses to run with them for four quarters. The good thing is that we don't have to leave town tomorrow for more games!!

Another tournament next weekend in Montreal and a couple days of vacation.
Sorry about the results but looks like you have a fun tournament coming up this weekend. Enjoy the time with DS.

Have a great Sunday, and be you a Rascal, a Scoundrel, a Villain or Knave, drink up me 'earties.

Yo Ho.
Sorry about the brisket drama my friend. Hope you enjoyed the weekend any ways and have fun with the kids now that they are on break.

Happy Sunday. We won our rain delayed match from last night 40-10, a dominating performance. Now, we are on another rain delay. If we win the next match by the same score, we are still 16 games out of winning the flight. So, we lose 21 outdoor courts and get to sit around and wait until they let us play on the 6 indoor courts. We could be here all day. :furious:
Congrats on the kids working their way back into the win column. Hope you got home at a reasonable time.
Morning all from a humid Fredericton, another good day to be in the AC.

4 Day week this week before heading to a basketball tournament in Montreal and then a drive home through the USA. Should be fun.
Even better - a four day week for a long tournament weekend, nice

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!