DDC XXXIV: The Original Home Of The DISDads!!!

OK Boys. I'm calling it. Week over. Everyone out. Tragically, and far too soon, for one of our own, it's the last call.

Those of us still standing at the bar, looking ruefully into our glasses are the ones that have the regrets. Mine is that I never told him what a great Dad I thought he was. I didn't know him well enough to know his circumstances, but to raise a daughter to realise her dreams and to mould her into the confident young woman she has become, as he would so often rightly brag about, is nothing short of exemplary, and a model we can all only try and live up to. Some guy somewhere someday will breathe a little easier, knowing he won't have to have a sit down with CJ about his daughter. He will however, know that he missed the opportunity to gain an incredible Father in law and a doting grandfather. Can you imagine the posts if that would have happened?

As Jeff rightly said, he was a huge part of our tiny corner of the internet. Every post he made had words of encouragement or support. I've only been on here for a while, but I never saw him have a cross word with anyone. Apart from correcting the foolish among us about the proper order of Monty Python films.

The Lady K reminded me this morning that a few months ago, if all of our Florida plans had panned out, I was due to meet him this week for a Marlins game. While I feel like I missed out on meeting him, I still regard him as a friend, and am grieving for him as such. That takes a lot of personality, to imbibe in someone 5000 miles away a huge sense of respect and affection via just your words in a faceless forum.

So as we say goodbye to our Brother, I suggest for this week we all virtually meet again at the Tambu lounge, the bar that I will always associate with CJ, and the one I will now always feel a small twang of sadness as I pass it, even at the happiest place on Earth, and raise a toast to CJ.

Last one standing has to take the middle stool at the bar home. Because let me tell ya, it's going to be impossible to fill.

All the very best chaps. To CJ.

Yeah, this was more Cj's home than FB. He tolerated it, but I dont think he was really a social media kind of guy. He just did it to keep up with the rest of us.
I didnt have a lot of interactions with Cj, but when I did it was personal and heartfelt. He always asked about the kid and wanted to know if everything was alright.I think Cj and I were connected in the fact that we were both single dads with daughters and doing our best to make a good example. He truly was a class act. Cj was a great guy and a great friend to all. Even if he didnt agree with you, he was still sensible and courteous. He will be greatly missed on the DIS and equally missed at the World. Sadly it just got a little Smaller. I think a bunch of us are going to wear Red today in honor of Cj.

Randall, thanks for taking the lead on keeping in touch with Andriana. Dont want to over burden her with so many people. I am sure everything is stressful. I really hop there is a way we can help. If not we can always do a fund raiser and just send her the money. Plane flights can be expensive.

Thanks for all the comments and memories guys, keep them coming.

Well, I'm not nearly the talented writer Dan is, but I'm going to try to write my thoughts through tear filled eyes...

I knew CJ through his trip reports. All of them had the theme of "nuts". Yes, he was nuts. Nuts about his daughter. Nuts about supporting her. Nuts about his lost wife. Nuts about having a good time, but still guiding and shaping his daughter into a fine young woman. Nuts about having a good time chatting/debating/bantering with us. Nuts about life!

I remember asking him one time if he was going to finish his last TR, because I enjoyed them so much. He said he was having problems with his computer and possibly had lost some pictures and it took a lot of time. I told him I'm an IT guy and if he wanted, I would do everything I could to recover stuff from his hard drive because I wanted to help him. Not due to my selfish desire to have him finish his TR, but rather because he was the type of guy I just wanted to help if I could...he was just that type of guy you felt was a friend even though you hardly knew each other. I've read a story about living your dash (if you haven't, just search the web, it's out there). CJ, although I never had the privilege of meeting him, lived his dash. I've also heard it said, you should ask yourself what is your legacy going to be. CJ's legacy is a fine young woman living her dream and a bunch of guys who may have never met him, but were influenced by the caliber of the man.

CJ - I rarely drink, but next time I'm at the world, I will have one in your honor. You will be sorely missed, brother.
Been rough still this morning reading all the great words and memories - great job Dan, Doc & Tek. Also great to see some of the “originals” that welcomed me to this great group come back to the DIS - sorry it’s for such a sad occasion. When I can get through typing a final thank you to CJ later I will but until then I’m gonna get off my a$$ to enjoy the 3 day guys weekend hanging with DS because that is what CJ would want me to do.

Wear your red today - got on my “DaDisDad” Customer shirt my kids got me for Father’s Day

Last edited:
OK Boys. I'm calling it. Week over. Everyone out. Tragically, and far too soon, for one of our own, it's the last call.

Those of us still standing at the bar, looking ruefully into our glasses are the ones that have the regrets. Mine is that I never told him what a great Dad I thought he was. I didn't know him well enough to know his circumstances, but to raise a daughter to realise her dreams and to mould her into the confident young woman she has become, as he would so often rightly brag about, is nothing short of exemplary, and a model we can all only try and live up to. Some guy somewhere someday will breathe a little easier, knowing he won't have to have a sit down with CJ about his daughter. He will however, know that he missed the opportunity to gain an incredible Father in law and a doting grandfather. Can you imagine the posts if that would have happened?

As Jeff rightly said, he was a huge part of our tiny corner of the internet. Every post he made had words of encouragement or support. I've only been on here for a while, but I never saw him have a cross word with anyone. Apart from correcting the foolish among us about the proper order of Monty Python films.

The Lady K reminded me this morning that a few months ago, if all of our Florida plans had panned out, I was due to meet him this week for a Marlins game. While I feel like I missed out on meeting him, I still regard him as a friend, and am grieving for him as such. That takes a lot of personality, to imbibe in someone 5000 miles away a huge sense of respect and affection via just your words in a faceless forum.

So as we say goodbye to our Brother, I suggest for this week we all virtually meet again at the Tambu lounge, the bar that I will always associate with CJ, and the one I will now always feel a small twang of sadness as I pass it, even at the happiest place on Earth, and raise a toast to CJ.

Last one standing has to take the middle stool at the bar home. Because let me tell ya, it's going to be impossible to fill.

Thank you Dan for those words.
My own words are failing me right now.
The best I could do was wear my DisDads shirt to work in CJ's honour and just let you all know what a great group of guys you all are.

Well Said My Friend, Well Said Indeed!

Well Said All Of You!

Old Timers, Welcome Back, May We Never Meet Like This Again, Ever!

I reached out to the Pirate Princess, just waiting to hear back. I will ask, after reading all these great stories of Cj, if you have Andriana's contact info, tell her, I think she would like to hear them. Just tell her that and tell her we love her.

Last edited:
Hey everyone... I came back on the DIS last night to find some pictures of myself with CJ. I will reread through his trip reports.

It is a sad day. A true DISdad was lost. Someone we can all strive to be more like- a smart, caring, loving, thoughtful, and proud dad who always put his daughter before himself. It was always great to see him and Andriana during race weekends.

I'm still at a loss.

-Tim

Well Said All Of You!

Old Timers, Welcome Back, May We Never Meet Like This Again, Ever!

I reached out to the Pirate Princess, just waiting to hear back. I will ask, after reading all these great stories of Cj, if you have Andriana's contact info, tell her, I think she would like to hear them. Just tell her that and tell her we love her.
I do not have her contact info and I don't do FB, so if you are so inclined to share with her my sentiments/thoughts, feel free.

I don’t have her details chief, I’m sure all the guys would be happy for you to use whatever you think will help her. I’m sure the gaffer would really appreciate the way you are looking out for her.

Last edited:
I think I may have overwhelmed her a bit. For us, it happen yesterday, for her it happen ten days ago, but the wound is still deep and raw for her. I am going to give her time to respond.
You’re a good man chief.
2 weeks, 6 months. Whatever she needs. One day she will want to hear all of it.
Agree with you both and Randall, I think you have all our wishes to share all of our thoughts and memories of CJ with the Pirate Princess whenever she is ready. Thank you CBO for as usual running point for us.

I think I may have overwhelmed her a bit. For us, it happen yesterday, for her it happen ten days ago, but the wound is still deep and raw for her. I am going to give her time to respond.

Yes, give her time. I was going to reach out but I'm not sure how many other people did and I don't want to overwhelm her.

Thanks for doing this though Randall

I'm already making plans to stop by Belle Vue Lounge for an Old Fashioned in his honor next time I'm in the area.
We are staying at BWV next month and have Belle Vue Lounge, Leaping Horse LiBations there on our list to raise a glass as well as Tambu Lounge. I know these were all some of his favorites.

Absolutely understood. I never got to meet her either and I'm sure for her, while our intentions may be good, it's still to soon to think about all the other lives he impacted. In the big scheme of things, it probably doesn't matter, but I'm curious what happened. I know he said he wasn't feeling well a few weeks ago, but I was thinking some cold or flu or virus or something and that he was better. Still shocked at the news. Knowing how much PP meant to him, I can imagine how much this devastated her.

You’re a good man chief.
2 weeks, 6 months. Whatever she needs. One day she will want to hear all of it.
Hopefully sooner than later, but everyone has their own time frame and only she can decide if and when.

Agree with you both and Randall, I think you have all our wishes to share all of our thoughts and memories of CJ with the Pirate Princess whenever she is ready. Thank you CBO for as usual running point for us.
Yeah, Randall. Thanks. I know you knew them both and I realize this has got to be tough on you also and yet you're still trying to help all of us. CJ would be appreciative and proud of your efforts.

Yes, give her time. I was going to reach out but I'm not sure how many other people did and I don't want to overwhelm her.

Thanks for doing this though Randall

The only contact I have for her is Facebook and Cj phone. You can go ahead and let her know you care. I thinks she is acting like a deer in headlights now easily scared off. Don't push her for any information, just tell how great Cj was and how you love them both and leave it at that. If you have a Cj story you would like share that would be cool too.

In the big scheme of things, it probably doesn't matter, but I'm curious what happened.

This is what scared her off. I asked "if I may know what happen", and haven't heard from her since. Right now, it's about her, her Daddy died. We don't need to know the details, we just need to help her.

This is what scared her off. I asked "if I may know what happen", and haven't heard from her since. Right now, it's about her, her Daddy died. We don't need to know the details, we just need to help her.
Sorry, didn't mean to indicate I wanted you to ask her. I was simply saying I was curious, but then again, it's really a moot point what happened, but rather it did. I guess it was more so my natural reaction of "WHAT HAPPENED? I thought he was okay" coming out unintentionally. Again, sorry if I gave any indication I was trying to find out info...not my intent.

The only contact I have for her is Facebook and Cj phone. You can go ahead and let her know you care. I thinks she is acting like a deer in headlights now easily scared off. Don't push her for any information, just tell how great Cj was and how you love them both and leave it at that. If you have a Cj story you would like share that would be cool too.
I just sent her a message. If she responds, I was going to give her my logon details for here so she could read the posts about her dad if and when she feels like it. Would anyone have an issue with that?

I just sent her a message. If she responds, I was going to give her my logon details for here so she could read the posts about her dad if and when she feels like it. Would anyone have an issue with that?
Not sure if she needs a login as I think this is a public forum? Share made just need a link though.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!