DDC XXXIV: The Original Home Of The DISDads!!!

Is this how you get to go to the West Ham match next weekend? ;)
No, but it has been pointed out to Lady K that West Ham are on TV live against the Bindippers tomorrow, so that particular chit is gonna be cashed in at some point.
I hope Declan gets on OK mate.

Last edited:
No mate, we’ve dropped em off at the in laws for a few days, as they are in summer vacation. We’ve got a brunch in a place called the Ned tomorrow, which is a hotel converted from a 18th century Banking hall in the City, so that could be a bit messy.

Up West Ham United! :cheer2::cheer2::cheer2:

Bathroom flooring to be replaced here this weekend. I wasn't sure if it was going to be this weekend but yesterday while working at the basketball tournament I received a text from DW that contained a picture that said "This is what happens when you don't come home." She had decided to tear up all the old flooring.

Sounds familiar...

Premier League back on. I have Wolverhampton vs Everton. Is that near West Ham?

?

Doin a bit of the same here. What kind of job did DD get?

Lifeguard at the Healthpark. This is the facility owned by our only Hospital corporation in town, and it features the Olympic pool that is used for the club swim team and HS swim teams for the region. It has a gym, urgent care center, employer drug testing area, and all public health outreach programs (5Ks, tennis tournament, CPR & First Aid training, etc). She gets $10 an hour. If she made it a full time career option one day (like her boss who also started in HS) in would be a good career option with great benefits. It is way better than my first job.

Premier League back on. I have Wolverhampton vs Everton. Is that near West Ham?
“Near” is a relative term when Brits talk to Americans.
We wouldn’t drive for a vacation shorter distances than you lot go for a good taco ;)
The Yamyams are a couple of hundred miles away from us and then it’s another 100 miles or so to the Blue bindippers.

Yeah yeah, I know Lawson indoctrinated all of you years ago with his “Up the Owls” nonsense....;)

giphy.gif

“Near” is a relative term when Brits talk to Americans.
We wouldn’t drive for a vacation shorter distances than you lot go for a good taco ;)
The Yamyams are a couple of hundred miles away from us and then it’s another 100 miles or so to the Blue bindippers.

I would say that isn't nearby. But, we do drive further for vacations than you.

Go on. I’ll bite. What was it? Mine was selling fruit and veg on Romford Market. I had to set up a stall at 6 in the morning in the freezing cold.

I cut grass before 16, but my first time clock job was bagging groceries. I think it was around $3.50 or $3.75/ hour. We even got time and a half on Sundays.

I would say that isn't nearby. But, we do drive further for vacations than you.
I'm not so sure. Didn't Dan and company fly a really long way and then drive down the East coast to Disney? Think that might be further than Kentucky Norm. Sorry

I cut grass before 16, but my first time clock job was bagging groceries. I think it was around $3.50 or $3.75/ hour. We even got time and a half on Sundays.
Well, not that anyone asked, but since we're talking about first jobs...

First at 10 or 12 (paperboy)
Second at 12-16, working on my neighbor's pig farm. Funny story about that one if anyone cares.
First time punch job, local restaurant called the chicken coop (16-18 until I went into the AIr Force)

First, a small update on the Pirate Queen (the King is dead, Long Live the Queen), she replied to my text this morning with a Thank you. I texted her that I love her and am praying for her. If I ask any questions, she doesn't reply. So, I will continue to not ask her anything and keep the text simple. If you reach out to her, keep it simple.

We still don't know what she needs, but I am sure we will need money for it. We have started to take donations for her to do that. You can send your donations to our PayPal account, knmbuks@yahoo.com. You will see it's under my DD name of Rachel Gibson. Jodi and I will hold the monies until she tells us what she needs. If she doesn't, we will send the money to her in a month or so. Thank you for your help, My Brothers!

Last edited:
No mate, we’ve dropped em off at the in laws for a few days, as they are in summer vacation. We’ve got a brunch in a place called the Ned tomorrow, which is a hotel converted from a 18th century Banking hall in the City, so that could be a bit messy.
Ahhhhh, a nice romantic weekend with the kids away I see :thumbsup2
Today will be a better day.

His ankle is doing better, he's will be starting some physio on Monday. He coached at a basketball camp for the last four days but wasn't able to do much more than limp around.

Bathroom flooring to be replaced here this weekend. I wasn't sure if it was going to be this weekend but yesterday while working at the basketball tournament I received a text from DW that contained a picture that said "This is what happens when you don't come home." She had decided to tear up all the old flooring.
Good luck to Declan and the therapy and to you with the floor. Got my honey dos wrappped up today even though DW is out of town.
Is this how you get to go to the West Ham match next weekend? ;)
:rotfl2:
Lifeguard at the Healthpark. This is the facility owned by our only Hospital corporation in town, and it features the Olympic pool that is used for the club swim team and HS swim teams for the region. It has a gym, urgent care center, employer drug testing area, and all public health outreach programs (5Ks, tennis tournament, CPR & First Aid training, etc). She gets $10 an hour. If she made it a full time career option one day (like her boss who also started in HS) in would be a good career option with great benefits. It is way better than my first job.
Good for her. Always thought sports and working help teach hard work and team work.
Go on. I’ll bite. What was it? Mine was selling fruit and veg on Romford Market. I had to set up a stall at 6 in the morning in the freezing cold.
Mine was flipping burgers and chasing the girls at McDonald’s

Last edited:
And the fun continues...just put $$1034 into some maintenance on SWMBO's car on Thursday and thi evening she got t-boned. Thankfully she and DD are mostly OK (muscle spasm, aches and stiffness) but why cou now. This was after $800 in May in the car. So now it is dealing with insurance, repairs and all that fun. At least we are still on the green side of the sod so a lot to be thankful for.

And the fun continues...just put $$1034 into some maintenance on SWMBO's car on Thursday and thi evening she got t-boned. Thankfully she and DD are mostly OK (muscle spasm, aches and stiffness) but why cou now. This was after $800 in May in the car. So now it is dealing with insurance, repairs and all that fun. At least we are still on the green side of the sod so a lot to be thankful for.

That bites! Glad to hear that everyone is OK.

First, a small update on the Pirate Queen (the King is dead, Long Live the Queen)

Oh, wow.... that's.... quite right.

You can send your donations to our PayPal account

How do I do that? Do I need a paypal account too? (don't got one)

True, but I made sure I had a hotel stop every 3 hrs. It took me 2 weeks to do 1100 miles.

:laughing: I once did 2,000 miles (with a friend) in 2 days. Solo, I do it in three. Unless I'm in a rush.

And the fun continues...just put $$1034 into some maintenance on SWMBO's car on Thursday and thi evening she got t-boned.

Holy crap!
Both to the $$ and to the T-bone.

Thankfully she and DD are mostly OK (muscle spasm, aches and stiffness)

Yeah, just keep an eye on them for a bit. That stuff can sneak up on you after a while. But glad it wasn't more serious.

To add insult to minor injuries, the computer system crashed at the hospital and even the help desk was down so it took us way too many hours to get discharged until they could find someone to walk from the ER to the CT room to get the chart. Technology is not always your friend. So now it will be a long haul of dealing with insurance, repairs/car shopping and trying to shuffle life with one car, two kids and SWMBO all needing to be in different places. Still, I have eaten and have a roof over my head so I am doing better than much of the world.

Morning fellas from a sunny but changeable London. Off to the posh buffet brunch in a bit, which will spare me the pain of watching the hammers being put to the slaughter by Liverpool. We’ve won there twice since 1963, so not a massive amount of history on our side. Looking forward to the NFL coming back as well. Have a great day, whatever you are doing.

And the fun continues...just put $$1034 into some maintenance on SWMBO's car on Thursday and thi evening she got t-boned. T
Ooof. Sorry mate, that sucks.
And in all the sadness the other day I forgot to say welcome back.

Last edited:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts